Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unfiltered Audio lo-fi-af Public Beta

13»

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    What I find interesting is that, if this was a launch thread, it would have far more views. Many Audiobus Forum users only get their fix from spending money rather than trying out a killer app for free 🧐

Am I wrong here?

All the threads and hype made me pick up the betas, and they are indeed great, especially Silo. What is also "great" are their desktop prices ... I'm slightly concerned to see what price points we'll see here. And I don't understand how casual ABF users can have all this stuff on desktop.

• @bleep said:

@Gavinski said:
    What I find interesting is that, if this was a launch thread, it would have far more views. Many Audiobus Forum users only get their fix from spending money rather than trying out a killer app for free 🧐

Am I wrong here?

All the threads and hype made me pick up the betas, and they are indeed great, especially Silo. What is also "great" are their desktop prices ... I'm slightly concerned to see what price points we'll see here. And I don't understand how casual ABF users can have all this stuff on desktop.

We don’t set the desktop prices. I hope people are happy with the prices we’ve picked for iOS.

• @trickyflemming said:

@bleep said:

@Gavinski said:

Am I wrong here?

We don’t set the desktop prices. I hope people are happy with the prices we’ve picked for iOS.

any chance of a ‘bundle’ price for all 5? 3 of them are definite purchases for me ... btw, no particular bugs noticed here , using on ios 13 & 14 .. mainly in Apematrix.. local apematrix lfo automations also seem to work fine ... and a big thank you for covering all parameters comprehensively on that front right out the gate :)

• @trickyflemming I'm still a bit confused by the high delay introduced by lo-fi-af (~40ms as reported by AUM). I do understand it for plugins that have to have a delay like a lookahead compressor. Is there something inherent to the way lo-fi-af processes audio that cause this?

• @bleep said:

@Gavinski said:

Am I wrong here?

The ones I have were bought at plugin alliance when they’re heavily discounted (like sub thirty notes of whatever western flavour you prefer, sometimes less with extra vouchers etc…)

• @Grandbear said:
    @trickyflemming I'm still a bit confused by the high delay introduced by lo-fi-af (~40ms as reported by AUM). I do understand it for plugins that have to have a delay like a lookahead compressor. Is there something inherent to the way lo-fi-af processes audio that cause this?

Two components introduce latency: the Fourier transform used for the spectral section (to convert audio to/from the frequency domain) and the lookahead maximization on the Press knob.

• @trickyflemming said:

@Grandbear said:
    @trickyflemming I'm still a bit confused by the high delay introduced by lo-fi-af (~40ms as reported by AUM). I do understand it for plugins that have to have a delay like a lookahead compressor. Is there something inherent to the way lo-fi-af processes audio that cause this?

Two components introduce latency: the Fourier transform used for the spectral section (to convert audio to/from the frequency domain) and the lookahead maximization on the Press knob.

Got it, thanks for the explanation!

• @trickyflemming do you know yet if you will be doing a bundle for those of us who already know they want the lot from the get-go? 😇

• @trickyflemming said:

@Grandbear said:

so the latency will persist on launch day? not very ideal, I've never noticed latency in any other plugin (I'm sure they have it, but I don't notice it)

• @cokomairena said:

@trickyflemming said:

@Grandbear said:

so the latency will persist on launch day? not very ideal, I've never noticed latency in any other plugin (I'm sure they have it, but I don't notice it)

Well, I never! Hmpf! hair flip

• Same latency with Loopy Pro. Although its works with loopy pro at description.