Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unfiltered Audio lo-fi-af Public Beta

Comments

• Hey, nice to See that your in iOS now! Have a Lot of your VST/Au in the Desk world. So my First question is.... - and I'm almost Sure it Works - can IT handle (Crysis lol)/Exchange Presets with Desktop?

• What I find interesting is that, if this was a launch thread, it would have far more views. Many Audiobus Forum users only get their fix from spending money rather than trying out a killer app for free 🧐

Am I wrong here?

• edited October 2022

@Gavinski said:
    What I find interesting is that, if this was a launch thread, it would have far more views. Many Audiobus Forum users only get their fix from spending money rather than trying out a killer app for free 🧐

Am I wrong here?

All I know is I’m purchasing all these plugins on day one. We cannot ask desktop devs to come to iOS and not support the product as a paying customer when they do. I’ll be first in line in the App Store

• @ninobeatz said:

@Gavinski said:
    What I find interesting is that, if this was a launch thread, it would have far more views. Many Audiobus Forum users only get their fix from spending money rather than trying out a killer app for free 🧐

Am I wrong here?

All I know is I’m purchasing all these plugins on day one. I cannot ask desktop devs to come to iOS and not support the product as a paying customer when they do. I’ll be first in line in the App Store

I'll already be there napping on my campbed etc. Help yourself to tea, there's some in the thermos...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ninobeatz said:

@Gavinski said:

Am I wrong here?

All I know is I’m purchasing all these plugins on day one. I cannot ask desktop devs to come to iOS and not support the product as a paying customer when they do. I’ll be first in line in the App Store

I'll already be there napping on my campbed etc. Help yourself to tea, there's some in the thermos...

Why..thank you sir. That very kind of you! Don’t mind if I do 😂😂😂

• @Gavinski said:

Am I wrong here?

You’re right, people don’t appreciate free launch. If it was food, many seem to buy meals and not eat them. Some write TripAdvisor-esque reviews for days and haven’t even bought the meal. This app though, it’s unique, is great for texture and the UI is a pleasure to use.

• @Model10000 said:

@Gavinski said:

Am I wrong here?

You’re right, people don’t appreciate free launch. If it was food, many seem to buy meals and not eat them. Some write TripAdvisor-esque reviews for days and haven’t even bought the meal. This app though, it’s unique, is great for texture and the UI is a pleasure to use.

You nailed it.

• I gotta say the tap and hold tooltips are a pleasure for first time use. Eliminates the need for a manual they’re so well done. Honestly the only trouble I’ve run into is the screen resizing already reported.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I gotta say the tap and hold tooltips are a pleasure for first time use. Eliminates the need for a manual they’re so well done. Honestly the only trouble I’ve run into is the screen resizing already reported.

Yep, the tooltips are great, though probably a settings option to disable them once one is familiar with the interface would also be great. But yes, they totally eliminate the need for a manual or spoken tutorial, which is great in my book. Other devs, please take note!

• edited October 2022

I only got an iPhone with me now and the UI is impossible to operate with fingers.
    The controls are much too small for a touch device and using it inside an AUv3 window like in AUM or Drambo makes it even worse.
    Also, switching between portrait and landscape view doesn't work smoothly.
    This applies both to BassMint and lo-fi-af.

I'd love to try it though.

If I remember correctly, Apple has published some developer guidelines including recommended minimum physical sizes and distances for UI widgets in iOS apps.

• Yes. I gave it a go on an iPhone 8 as well last night just to experience what happens. Things were very small and the workflow became a random event where the outcome worked out quite well, but really almost impossible to use properly in a definite way. I was reminded as to why I like to do things on the iPad instead.

• I made two comments via testflight:

1. The global strength at 0 doesn’t turn off all fx
    2. It adds noticeable latency that things get out of sync when I use the plugin on drambo

It sounds nice!

• edited October 2022

There are only four PROCESSING ORDER patterns generated by the RANDAMIZE feature. The order in which the patterns appear loops. (This is the case starting from the default. The states of the four toggle switches are not considered here.)
    But that may be the behavior or specification as intended by the developers. For example, maybe the developers (trickyflemming and amusesmile in this forum) intentionally limited the number of patterns because the animation would be too conspicuous(?) if the items were moved from first to fourth or fourth to first. I’m sorry if that is the case.

• Thanks everyone! Just poured a coffee and sat down to work and catch up on everything. Sounds like there's a lot to work on for resizing. On the bright side, I'm really happy to hear how much you're enjoying the plugin itself!

• @trickyflemming said:
    Thanks everyone! Just poured a coffee and sat down to work and catch up on everything. Sounds like there's a lot to work on for resizing. On the bright side, I'm really happy to hear how much you're enjoying the plugin itself!

Yes. These plugins are great. Can't wait for final release on all 5

• One of my favourite fx for this year. Very efective and musical on almost every sources I tried. It's very intuitive, the GUI is nice and it has unique features for a Lo Fi fx. Congrats for the great work @trickyflemming!

• edited October 2022

@trickyflemming
    Thanks a lot. I’m currently having fun mainly changing the spectral and digital parameters of LO-FI-AF.

I have a question, but it is not an important one. So I would appreciate a reply if you have time.

When I change BPM of AUM with LO-FI-AF SYNC switch active, the output sound does not seem to change. Is this due to my incorrect checking method?

My checking method
    Load Zeeon synthesizer app and LO-FI-AF app on one node of AUM.
    (For this test, Zeeon can be replaced with the free Viking Synth app.)
    Activate the toggle switch on LO-FI-AF DIGITAL.
    Deactivate the SPECTRAL, ANALOG, and CONVOLUTION toggle switches on LO-FI-AF.
    The status of the other knobs and toggle switches are not changed.

Set the Skip Chance of LO-FI-AF to 80%.
    Set LO-FI-AF Skip Time to 1/4th.
    LO-FI-AF SYNC switch is in active state.

Keep AUM's virtual keyboard, e.g. C4 (60), playing the sound of Zeeon's default preset with the AUM's hold(?) feature(infinite icon) activated.
    In this state, changing AUM's BPM value to 20 or 999 did not seem to change the sound output from LO-FI-AF to me.

I had expected to hear an easily recognizable change in the sound, like when I activated the sync switch on a typical chorus application and changed the BPM of AUM while playing a synth. However, in my tests with the LO-FI-AF, I found no discernible(?) change in sound. I thought that I might have misunderstood the feature, effect, or usage of the SYNC switch of LO-FI-AF, which might be the reason why there is no change in the sound of Zeeon synth.

• @Gavinski said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I gotta say the tap and hold tooltips are a pleasure for first time use. Eliminates the need for a manual they’re so well done. Honestly the only trouble I’ve run into is the screen resizing already reported.

Yep, the tooltips are great, though probably a settings option to disable them once one is familiar with the interface would also be great. But yes, they totally eliminate the need for a manual or spoken tutorial, which is great in my book. Other devs, please take note!

So glad to hear that the tooltips are useful and the experience is nice. It's funny but I hadn't really seen iOS tooltips done well and I personally really like the system we have working now, especially as we added a bit of room so it doesn't appear under the finger. You can turn them off in the settings menu, fyi. Speaking of settings, looks like we need to remove reset/save size on iOS. Thanks all!

• @anickt said:
    It appears that user presets can be saved into the app in AUM but it doesn’t work.

This one was real bad! The AUv3 and Standalone were saving user presets to the wrong file tree. Unfortunately, presets saved in this first beta won't be visible in your presets list in the next beta. Saved projects will still load correctly.

Sorry for that one. Learning this whole iOS file system thing has been a bit wild.

• @trickyflemming I’ve loved lo-fi-af on desktop - so stoked that it’s coming to iOS too!

• New builds are up!
    -Renamed to "UA lo-fi-af" on the home screen and plugin lists.
    -Fixed the user preset issue.
    -Fixed locks not working on buttons in disabled sections.
    -Removed unused sizing options on the option menu.

Resizing is going to take a lot more work, but I'll let you know when that is fixed and pushed!

• I confirmed the three strange behaviors of PROCESSING ORDER in 1.1.4 (1.1.4) have been fixed in 1.1.4 (2). Thanks for the quick response.

I don't see the following as an issue, but I’m reporting it just in case.
    1.1.4 (2)
    The state of the filter can be changed while the analog toggle switch is inactive. But this behavior of the app might be intended. In that case, I’m sorry.

• I love this app! Jumped on the beta some time ago. Haven’t offered much feedback though. Seems ready to release to me.

• @trickyflemming just checking: is the latency expected? Should I keep testing it in upcoming betas?

• edited November 2022

As per Synth Anatomy, these Unfiltered Audio effects are also coming soon to iOS:

SILO, a reverb/granular fusion processor with multi-dimensional panning
    Needlepoint, a physical-modeling vinyl emulation on steroids
    Tails, unique reverb with four engines, and innovative auto-ducking functionality.

Great news, indeed! These are all amazing plugins.
    Hope they consider porting their modular synth, Lion, as well.

• @Eschatone said:
    As per Synth Anatomy, these Unfiltered Audio effects are also coming soon to iOS:

SILO, a reverb/granular fusion processor with multi-dimensional panning
    Needlepoint, a physical-modeling vinyl emulation on steroids
    Tails, unique reverb with four engines, and innovative auto-ducking functionality.

Great news, indeed! These are all amazing plugins.
    Hope they consider porting their modular synth, Lion, as well.

The more the better. Listened to a demo of Sylo, very experimental indeed. These guys are kind of like the more accessible apeSoft, which is high praise.

• edited November 2022

1.1.4 (2) UI Issues(?)
    -If the analog toggle switch is inactive and the value of the Interference is large, the small translucent lock icon in the Interference saved to the user preset is not visible in all color themes.
    -When the color theme is Pale Custard, if the analog toggle switch is active and the value of Interference is large, the normal small lock icon in the Interference is not visible.

• edited November 2022

We just posted a massive rewrite of the resizing code. I'll work on pushing this out for Bass Mint and Needlepoint next. Please report any issues!

EDIT: Color changing somehow broke. New builds coming tomorrow.

• It’s looking good so far, @trickyflemming. It resizes fine in landscape and portrait on my iPad and everything is accessible now

• Color theming works again! Sorry for that hiccup.