Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS16 and iPadOS16 and app issues

13»

Comments

• Thanks! Bizarrely I did a search for 16.2 before I posted and this was the last thread it gave me🙄. Looks like 16.3 is out today so I’ll hold off a few more days just in case of new issues.

• @Janosax said:
    Today I wasn’t able to change latency settings in any app, with usual message saying an app don’t allow it. Fixed to 1024 buffers everywhere. There was no other app opened. Made several reboot, no incidence. Then I remembered the only difference was I enabled Siri two days ago. I never use Siri. So I disabled it and I was finally able to set latency to 32 buffers. This is on iPhone 14 Pro Max iOS 16.2. No issues with buffers latency settings and Siri enabled on iPad Pro M1 iPadOS 16.2 nor on iPhone 7 iOS 15.4. No loss for me as I use Siri only on Watch. But worth sharing the issue here, took me 30 mn to troubleshoot.

Thanks for posting this! I've always had Siri enabled on my phones but as of iOS16 the buffer was completely stuck on 1024. Now I know why. It's obviously a bug, but how long will it take for Apple to fix it...

• @richardyot said:

@Janosax said:
    Today I wasn’t able to change latency settings in any app, with usual message saying an app don’t allow it. Fixed to 1024 buffers everywhere. There was no other app opened. Made several reboot, no incidence. Then I remembered the only difference was I enabled Siri two days ago. I never use Siri. So I disabled it and I was finally able to set latency to 32 buffers. This is on iPhone 14 Pro Max iOS 16.2. No issues with buffers latency settings and Siri enabled on iPad Pro M1 iPadOS 16.2 nor on iPhone 7 iOS 15.4. No loss for me as I use Siri only on Watch. But worth sharing the issue here, took me 30 mn to troubleshoot.

Thanks for posting this! I've always had Siri enabled on my phones but as of iOS16 the buffer was completely stuck on 1024. Now I know why. It's obviously a bug, but how long will it take for Apple to fix it...

You’re welcome!!! Sure it will take forever 😂

• I'm considering updating from iOS 15.7.1 to 16.4.1 prior to 23rd May.
    No reason in particular... ...

So how is iOS 16.4.1 working for people? Are there any auv3s causing issues?

I want to acknowledge the thread below too, but it was titled 16.2 so I thought I'd bump this one instead.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/53867/ipad-os-16-2-good-bad-ugly/p2

• @belldu said:
    I'm considering updating from iOS 15.7.1 to 16.4.1 prior to 23rd May.
    No reason in particular... ...

So how is iOS 16.4.1 working for people? Are there any auv3s causing issues?

I want to acknowledge the thread below too, but it was titled 16.2 so I thought I'd bump this one instead.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/53867/ipad-os-16-2-good-bad-ugly/p2

I haven't had any regrets upgrading from ios 15 to 16. I am in an iPad 6 and use plenty of IAA apps.

• 16.5 will be out next week so I’d wait for that…

• 16 breaks AudioShare.

• @musikeer said:
    16 breaks AudioShare.

Report it to the dev so he can fix it before iPadOS17 drops in about 4 months or so...

• Mine has been great.

Breaks audioshare?

• Audio share work well for me got latest release of ios16

• I took the plunge going from 15 to 16 in anticipation of Logic dropping and somewhat regret it.

Not music related, but the game Divinity Original Sin 2 now overheats my iPad and crashes, so would go back to the previous version if that was possible. This is on an iPad Air 4.

• From @j_liljedahl

Yes it reproduces here, I missed the part that those buttons disappeared only after leaving the app and coming back. Really weird issue, it will probably take a while to hunt down.. :(

• But you get the 'back arrow' back when you relaunch the app so it's not a real 'show stopper'...

• edited May 2023

Unless you’re actually using the app constantly to check mixes, upload to Dropbox, convert files, make separate folders for playlists etc. Having to force quit before each action, when creating in other apps many times a day, isn’t exactly the most convenient workaround. But thanks for your input.

• edited May 2023

And don't release the power button til the apple symbol appears

@michael_m said:

@tja said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

@uncledave said:

@RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:
    YouTube seems messed-up..

In what way? Working on both my iPads.

It keep saying, “Something went wrong” and won’t load the video..

That sounds more like a network issue; ad blocker maybe.

Are you using the YouTube app (updated, of course), or are you accessing the site in a browser?

App..

Try a hard shutdown and see what happens when you restart.

You mean hard reboot?
    (press home and power until the Apple appears - on older devices)

Or is hard shutdown something different?

Reboot i guess. I think it’s up volume, down volume, then hold down the power button on newer iPads.

• Ok. So I use AudioShare but have plenty of projects going on that I can do instead or work around it. Mr AUM is a god level developer so I know the issue will get fixed.
    Going to try for the update tonight... not fussed about 16.5 based on the release notes and it sounds like 16.4.1 is ok for most.

• I’m on 16.4.1(a) and so far no issues, but I’ve not been able to do huge amounts of testing. I knew about the AudioShare issue, but it’s not a deal breaker for me.

• Who knows maybe the AudioShare issues will 'silently' be fixed by iPadOS16.5?
    There's usually quite a bunch of 'unlisted' fixes baked into the updates...

• Each months Apple do a big list of bugs fixes as any OS or big software do….

• Another annoying bug since upgrading to 16.4.1 is that the tab order in tab groups in Safari is borked. Instead of remembering the order of my saved tabs, they load in random (and different) order every time.

• @Vip8888 said:
    Another annoying bug since upgrading to 16.4.1 is that the tab order in tab groups in Safari is borked. Instead of remembering the order of my saved tabs, they load in random (and different) order every time.

Yes, Safari tabs have several problems!