Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS16 and iPadOS16 and app issues

Comments

• edited October 2022

@michael_m said:

@tja said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

@uncledave said:

@RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:
    YouTube seems messed-up..

In what way? Working on both my iPads.

It keep saying, “Something went wrong” and won’t load the video..

That sounds more like a network issue; ad blocker maybe.

Are you using the YouTube app (updated, of course), or are you accessing the site in a browser?

App..

Try a hard shutdown and see what happens when you restart.

You mean hard reboot?
    (press home and power until the Apple appears - on older devices)

Or is hard shutdown something different?

Reboot i guess. I think it’s up volume, down volume, then hold down the power button on newer iPads.

Ok..

Edit.. seems to have worked on My Air… thanks..

• @michael_m said:

@tja said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:

@uncledave said:

@RajahP said:

@michael_m said:

@RajahP said:
    YouTube seems messed-up..

In what way? Working on both my iPads.

It keep saying, “Something went wrong” and won’t load the video..

That sounds more like a network issue; ad blocker maybe.

Are you using the YouTube app (updated, of course), or are you accessing the site in a browser?

App..

Try a hard shutdown and see what happens when you restart.

You mean hard reboot?
    (press home and power until the Apple appears - on older devices)

Or is hard shutdown something different?

Reboot i guess. I think it’s up volume, down volume, then hold down the power button on newer iPads.

Ok.. finally found the ‘reset network settings’.. they hid it away in 16..

Works like a charm now…

Thanks..

• edited November 2022

Good to know! Thanks!👍

/DMfan🇸🇪

• Anybody know a way to disable the 3 finger swipe/copy-paste/undo/redo on iPad? I’ve got 4-finger disabled, but the 3-finger thing wrecks playing synths in AUM when noodling with the screen. I just keep switching presets back and forth. I’ve got 4-finger disabled, but I’m not sure there’s a way to turn off the 3-finger thing.

• edited November 2022

@oat_phipps said:
    Anybody know a way to disable the 3 finger swipe/copy-paste/undo/redo on iPad? I’ve got 4-finger disabled, but the 3-finger thing wrecks playing synths in AUM when noodling with the screen. I just keep switching presets back and forth. I’ve got 4-finger disabled, but I’m not sure there’s a way to turn off the 3-finger thing.

I use Assistive Touch (floating Home button on screen), and I don't experience this (in iPadOS 15.7.1). I've seen it mentioned that Assistive Touch somehow disables this feature.

Edit: No, I do experience this. Just never swipe left with 3 fingers. It may help to move the focus away from a text field.

• edited November 2022

@uncledave said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Anybody know a way to disable the 3 finger swipe/copy-paste/undo/redo on iPad? I’ve got 4-finger disabled, but the 3-finger thing wrecks playing synths in AUM when noodling with the screen. I just keep switching presets back and forth. I’ve got 4-finger disabled, but I’m not sure there’s a way to turn off the 3-finger thing.

I use Assistive Touch (floating Home button on screen), and I don't experience this (in iPadOS 15.7.1). I've seen it mentioned that Assistive Touch somehow disables this feature.

Edit: No, I do experience this. Just never swipe left with 3 fingers. It may help to move the focus away from a text field.

That’s the thing, I’m just trying to play Animoog in an open AU window….resizing/screen placement doesn’t help.

Some internet research and it appears there’s others complaining about not being able to play instruments/other stuff, but it actually looks like there;s no way to disable it yet. Hmph! That’s absurd. I guess I’ll live since Animoog is the only thing I like to use the screen to play, but I’m surprised there hasn’t been a forum outrage over this yet.

• edited November 2022

@oat_phipps said:

This was an issue for me while i was still using the beta.
    I exited the beta program before the public release, and when it finally came out i updated and the issue went away, thankfully

• @oat_phipps said:

not having this issue. could you try these settings assistivetouch-off touchaccommodations-off shaketoundo-off

• Has anyone installed iPadOS 16 on an Air 3?
    How is the performance?

• iPadOS16.1.1 (and iOS16.1.1 and macOS Ventura 13.0.1) just dropped.

The 'issues' I was having with the visual aspects of folders opened from the dock are now fixed.

Some apps still have some minor cosmetic issues when launched in portrait mode but that's only during launch, once launched they scale properly and work without issues.

I'll likely wait for iPadOS16.2 before I dig deeper into stage-manager as it's with 16.2 we get true external display support, not just mirroring...

• After updating iPadOS 16(.1.1) on iPad Pro 12.9" (2021):

• Yonac Magellan 1 and Galileo 1 only make strange noises
    • GlitchBreaks (currently on sale) crashes
  • edited December 2022

i have an iphone xs max that its on ios 14.8 i want to know if its safe to update it to ios 16 because i have basically every daw an auv3 apps made for iphone on it and each one are working perfectly fine without any issues, the main daw that i don't want to have any issue with its nanostudio 2 because is my favorite daw, even though i don't want any issues with any other daw and auv3 if i do the update, so do anybody know about any daw and auv3 issues on ios 16 so i know if i should update or not my iphone xs max ?

• Yup on iPad iOS 16.1.1 is giving me App Store issues. Not every time but at least 50% 16.1.2 is ou5 though. Also if you download an offloaded app, it works again for some reason.

• edited December 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    Yup on iPad iOS 16.1.1 is giving me App Store issues. Not every time but at least 50% 16.1.2 is ou5 though. Also if you download an offloaded app, it works again for some reason.

I am also having App Store issues, namely that it fails to connect on iPad Pro 4-out-of-5 times in a row.

• edited December 2022

Well, it seems the YouTube issue has been solved in this latest update… 2 days and fingers crossed..

• @NeuM said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Yup on iPad iOS 16.1.1 is giving me App Store issues. Not every time but at least 50% 16.1.2 is ou5 though. Also if you download an offloaded app, it works again for some reason.

I am also having App Store issues, namely that it fails to connect on iPad Pro 4-out-of-5 times in a row.

My experience also. It seems better on iPadOS 16.2. Still slow, but manual updates work normally.

I've had trouble with AppStore search for some time now. It seems to work better to start the search in SpotLight (swipe down in middle of Home Screen). Or search on appsliced and tap on the AppStore link.

• Finally updated my 12.9” M1 1TB to 16.2 and have been loving the new external display support! Drambo on my 27” display is simply divine!

@mjm1138 said:

@ZankFrappa said:
    Has anyone tested older synth apps like Nave, WaveStorm, Scythe or other old apps, do they still run?

Propellerheads Rebirth still runs :smile:

Happy to report that Thor is running without issue as well!

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Finally updated my 12.9” M1 1TB to 16.2 and have been loving the new external display support! Drambo on my 27” display is simply divine!

@mjm1138 said:

@ZankFrappa said:
    Has anyone tested older synth apps like Nave, WaveStorm, Scythe or other old apps, do they still run?

Are you getting full screen display?

• edited December 2022

All fine except the AppStore: When I open the store, there is often (not always!) a never ending download spinner in the top right corner (close to the WiFi symbol) noodling away. As long as this happens, nothing really works. No search, and when I open my account details, or check for updates, it shows an even bigger loading noodle right in the middle of the screen. All this happens while my other apps have no problems accessing the internet.
    I tried restarting both the app and the iPad, but this does not seem to help. Only trying until it works helps.
    The other annoyance with the store is that, when I search for a particular app, they show me a lot of crap, and I have to scroll down, until I find what I really want - even when the exact app name pops up in the suggestions. That has become worse on 16.

• @catherder said:
    All fine except the AppStore: When I open the store, there is often (not always!) a never ending download spinner in the top right corner (close to the WiFi symbol) noodling away. As long as this happens, nothing really works. No search, and when I open my account details, or check for updates, it shows an even bigger loading noodle right in the middle of the screen. All this happens while my other apps have no problems accessing the internet.
    I tried restarting both the app and the iPad, but this does not seem to help. Only trying until it works helps.
    The other annoyance with the store is that, when I search for a particular app, they show me a lot of crap, and I have to scroll down, until I find what I really want - even when the exact app name pops up in the suggestions. That has become worse on 16.

The "App Store Search" never did work in any sensible way.
    It's simply unbelievable what they feel a search should deliver!!!

If I was head of Apple, I would cut the heads of those people ...

• edited December 2022

@tja said:

@catherder said:

I think the head of Apple sees this as a good (I would say blunt) marketing trick to lure people into buying apps they would otherwise not.

• @Ben said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Finally updated my 12.9” M1 1TB to 16.2 and have been loving the new external display support! Drambo on my 27” display is simply divine!

@mjm1138 said:

@ZankFrappa said:

Yes!

• @tja said:

@catherder said:

I seem to have better luck using Spotlight search (swipe down in middle of screen) to find apps in the AppStore. Still not perfect, but more likely to work. This annoyance started with 15 (or maybe 14) and persists.

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Ben said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@mjm1138 said:

@ZankFrappa said:

Yes!

That’s awesome. I’ve read that only the M1’s are allowing for that.

• edited December 2022

@Ben said:

ähm

Edward_Alexander said:
    Finally updated my 12.9” M1…

• @headmademusic said:

@Ben said:

ähm

Edward_Alexander said:
    Finally updated my 12.9” M1…

The question was do all devices updated to ios16 provide full screen or just the M1’s.

• @Ben said:

The question was do all devices updated to ios16 provide full screen or just the M1’s.

… and Edward_Alexander only talks about his M1. I probably missed something important. Sorry for my mistake.

• edited December 2022

Today I wasn’t able to change latency settings in any app, with usual message saying an app don’t allow it. Fixed to 1024 buffers everywhere. There was no other app opened. Made several reboot, no incidence. Then I remembered the only difference was I enabled Siri two days ago. I never use Siri. So I disabled it and I was finally able to set latency to 32 buffers. This is on iPhone 14 Pro Max iOS 16.2. No issues with buffers latency settings and Siri enabled on iPad Pro M1 iPadOS 16.2 nor on iPhone 7 iOS 15.4. No loss for me as I use Siri only on Watch. But worth sharing the issue here, took me 30 mn to troubleshoot.

• I’m still sat on iPadOS 15.7.x. What is the situation like now on 16.2, does everything work as expected from a music production point of view or are there any issues?

I have no need to upgrade but I noticed my setting app has now started to hint that the update is there. iOS 15 has been fine for me but I can’t forget the disasters within its predecessor!