Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Wee O3 / Korg Minipops preset for (NEW) Patterning 2 and Hammerhead (the JMJ Oxygene sounds…)

When lockdown decended, I resusciated and improved an old Arduino based drum machine project that emulates the Korg Minipops sounds that are so typical for Jean Michel Jarre’s “Oxygene”.
NEW: Patterning 2 users can now get “The Wee O3” as Cloud Kit.

For Hammerhead fans I have now made a free preset pack available that can be downloaded from the Wee O3 github repository. My plan is to add more sample formats including the WAV files.:
https://github.com/mark-orion/The-Wee-O3/tree/master/samples

And if you are interested in the project. Here is a link to a YT video about it:
https://youtu.be/vjLT6ayJKSc

Comments

• This is great - and I do have an Arduino sitting around not doing anything at present...

I notice in your comments that the box is quite generic that you use for other builds which probably pre-empts this question, but do the individual sounds output to individual outputs so that they could be sent to different channels on a mixing desk, for example?

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    This is great - and I do have an Arduino sitting around not doing anything at present...

I notice in your comments that the box is quite generic that you use for other builds which probably pre-empts this question, but do the individual sounds output to individual outputs so that they could be sent to different channels on a mixing desk, for example?

This is not possible because the Arduino only offers PWM (pulse width modulation), that is used for the sound generation on a limited number of pins.

• Ah, I understand. Very impressive nonetheless!

• Patterning 2 users can now get this as Cloud Kit.

• Very cool hardware project.

• thanks, this looks interesting.

• I missed this the first time. Thanks for uploading this! I’m jamming on it now and it sounds great 🙏