Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cheap consumer instruments

edited October 2022 in Hardware
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Not sure if "New Stuff" was supposed to be an option, lol, but I voted "APPS and a new iPad every 5-7 years". It boils down to this...

I wish I had the space for a lot of that vintage kit, but living in a studio efficiency flat doesn't provide me with that much space. It's a perfect size for me as I don't have to spend a whole day dusting and vacuuming, and I don't need or want a lot of worldly possessions. However, for years I've longed for an OP-1, and then an OP-1F. I planned to save up to purchase one or the other.

Then someone scraped the side of my car with theirs by accident in late May. Only minor cosmetic damage, but that gave me a ton of money! Much more than I anticipated to the point I could either purchase the OP-1F with a massive down payment, or a 12.9" M1 iPad Pro with 512gb. I chose the latter, cured my gearlust, and never looked back once.

Turns out I already have all the "gear" (apps) I could ever want to create whatever I want - AUM for live Ambient performances, NS2 for more serious work, Gadget to emulate having a ton of vintage gear if I'm in the mood for that, Cubasis 3 for recording and tuning vocals, ProCreate for crafting album covers, Lumafusion for creating silly trailers for my singles, etc. And it's all on a portable (but heavier) device that's more powerful than an OP-1F (with a lot more internal storage at that lol).