Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

which of these is the superior keyboard controller today?

edited October 2022 in Hardware

Or is there another one to consider?

I use Ableton Live and Bitwig and NI Kompete Kontrol along with IOS apps.

1) Nektar Impact LX Mini
2) Arturia Minilab 3
3) Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3
4) Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol M32
5) M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini

Comments

• Just pre-ordered the Minilab 3 yesterday so I’m hoping that it competes at least 😉.

• If you spend a lot lot of time with your DAW and with NI Komplete, the NI keyboard makes a lot of sense. I use the 88 key Kontrol, and I really like the way it supports the DAW workflow in several ways.

• wimwim
    edited October 2022

Superior in what way and for which purposes? Key size / touch / sensitivity? Integration? Features? Extra controls? Configurability? etc? ...

I'm not familiar with enough of the options to say which is superior, but it seems to me like the question might get better answers if what you're looking for is laid out a bit more specifically.

• Good luck on your controller journey. I’ll just say this, the m32 is no s-series komplete Kontrol NKS browser. I’m very disappointed in the way it forces you to browse and the fact that ni doesn’t provide an onscreen overlay for the mapping. The ‘screen’ is a joke. I grabbed it thinking it would be a great NKS browsing helper on the go but I’d rather use a mouse instead than the m32 browsing. The s-series does this perfectly, but obviously that’s a different class, size and price.

All that said I agree with @wim and feel there’s no ‘superior’ since each one offers something unique the other doesn’t

• Native instruments tends to have tighter integration with their own stuff as a priority

That’s neither a dig or a con

I hardware wise I think they are all pretty on par. The software bundles might sway you to pick one or the other.

IF I was looking for one - (polyphonic) AFTERTOUCH would be the distinguishing characteristic I’d personally look for. From a cursory glance I am not sure which if any have this feature