Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moogerfoogers reborn as desktop plugins

I’ve seen this mentioned in a few threads, but here’s a home for these amazing new plugins.

I rarely use desktop plugins. I prefer Ableton’s stock devices. But these look amazing. Totally going to run my guitar and my 0-Coast through them.

Great price too. Shame they’re not in the app store (they use iLok 🤢), and iOS versions would be amazing. I bet we get them soon enough.

«1

Comments

  • iLok 🤐 really?

  • iLok is a no-go for me as well but iOS versions would be very welcome 😊

  • iOS or gtfo :p

  • @iamspoon said:
    iOS or gtfo :p

    I'm with you. These could be in-app purchase upgrades or just macOS App Store offerings at the same price. iLok is a "no go".

  • 🙏🏻 I feel like these will make it to iOS, but let’s try asking… Hi @MoogMusicInc, any chance Moogerfoogers will be ported to iOS?

    https://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfooger-effects-plug-ins

  • I do feel it's just a matter of time...
    There's still one old classic Moog app that has not made the AUv3 jump (Filtatron) and this would be a perfect opportunity.

  • Here's hoping! I've started placing my iPad in the effects loop of my amp, and this would be perfect for that use case.

  • @rs2000 said:
    iLok is a no-go for me as well but iOS versions would be very welcome 😊

    I know there are horror stories from the past about ilok (when it required a dongle, I think) but I find it to be fantastic and beats having to use a zillion different licensing schemes. I don’t get the hate at all.

    It certainly won’t stop me getting these Moogerfoogers,

  • @qryss said:

    @rs2000 said:
    iLok is a no-go for me as well but iOS versions would be very welcome 😊

    I know there are horror stories from the past about ilok (when it required a dongle, I think) but I find it to be fantastic and beats having to use a zillion different licensing schemes. I don’t get the hate at all.

    It certainly won’t stop me getting these Moogerfoogers,

    You're right, I should be more specific.
    It might be worth noting that I have a track record of annoyances that I went through with software license managers in general, spending thousands of hours of troubleshooting stuff that should have worked reliably out of the box. So call me biased 😉

    My main gripe with it is probably not iLok itself but what some software developers made of it.
    Like: OK cool, I can finally get rid of my hated iLok USB dongle with pure software based licensing. Fine.
    Now I have to be online each time when I start the iLok protected application? With my "holy" audio machine? Seriously?
    Maybe I've only experienced the worst examples but I do see other sw developers selling their IT with great protection and without such hassles for a paying customer.

    I've read the FAQ and it seems that Moog don't rely on a steady internet connection once the target machine is authorized. Seems fair as long as the iLok license manager works reliably.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @qryss said:

    @rs2000 said:
    iLok is a no-go for me as well but iOS versions would be very welcome 😊

    I know there are horror stories from the past about ilok (when it required a dongle, I think) but I find it to be fantastic and beats having to use a zillion different licensing schemes. I don’t get the hate at all.

    It certainly won’t stop me getting these Moogerfoogers,

    You're right, I should be more specific.
    It might be worth noting that I have a track record of annoyances that I went through with software license managers in general, spending thousands of hours of troubleshooting stuff that should have worked reliably out of the box. So call me biased 😉

    My main gripe with it is probably not iLok itself but what some software developers made of it.
    Like: OK cool, I can finally get rid of my hated iLok USB dongle with pure software based licensing. Fine.
    Now I have to be online each time when I start the iLok protected application? With my "holy" audio machine? Seriously?
    Maybe I've only experienced the worst examples but I do see other sw developers selling their IT with great protection and without such hassles for a paying customer.

    I've read the FAQ and it seems that Moog don't rely on a steady internet connection once the target machine is authorized. Seems fair as long as the iLok license manager works reliably.

    There are some manufacturers who for some reason put their stuff on iLok Cloud only…this sucks and I don’t use those ones. But, a lot of them happily place the licence on your machine and that’s the last time your machine needs to see the net. Three examples come to mind, but there are way more: Eventide, Soundtoys and SSL all put their licences on the machine. I don’t use the USB licenser.

  • iLok is not bad, though sometimes annoying because depending on manufacturers you are limited to how many computers you have a license active. Most of the time, it's fine. Organizing and copying and pasting serials isn't that convenient either.

  • edited October 20

    @auxmux said:
    iLok is not bad, though sometimes annoying because depending on manufacturers you are limited to how many computers you have a license active. Most of the time, it's fine. Organizing and copying and pasting serials isn't that convenient either.

    Note that Moog is enforcing a limit on the number of activations:
    https://moogmusicsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/10525138140051-How-many-activations-do-I-get-with-the-Moogerfooger-plug-in-

  • edited October 20

    @Grandbear said:

    @auxmux said:
    iLok is not bad, though sometimes annoying because depending on manufacturers you are limited to how many computers you have a license active. Most of the time, it's fine. Organizing and copying and pasting serials isn't that convenient either.

    Note that Moog is enforcing a limit on the number of activations:
    https://moogmusicsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/10525138140051-How-many-activations-do-I-get-with-the-Moogerfooger-plug-in-

    Ah, thanks. 3 is ok, I prefer 5 since i have some old computers, but 3 is same as UVI. Eventide is 2 which is not as convenient.

  • @Stuntman_mike said:
    🙏🏻 I feel like these will make it to iOS, but let’s try asking… Hi @MoogMusicInc, any chance Moogerfoogers will be ported to iOS?

    https://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfooger-effects-plug-ins

    Thanks for your interest in seeing our Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins available on iOS.

    We consider the virtual CV connectivity between the Moogerfooger effects an essential (and powerful!) part of the feature set. At this point, we have not found a suitable technical solution to provide this functionality on iOS. We will continue to evaluate and test ways to provide virtual CV in any DAW and host on iOS. As always, we appreciate your support and feedback!

    <3 your friends at Moog

  • @MoogMusicInc said:
    Thanks for your interest in seeing our Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins available on iOS.

    We consider the virtual CV connectivity between the Moogerfooger effects an essential (and powerful!) part of the feature set. At this point, we have not found a suitable technical solution to provide this functionality on iOS. We will continue to evaluate and test ways to provide virtual CV in any DAW and host on iOS. As always, we appreciate your support and feedback!

    <3 your friends at Moog

    Just coming here and letting us know where you stand is great to see, thanks a lot :)

    Speaking only for myself, I'd say that having these plugins available on iOS even without CV connectivity would be of great value.

  • @MoogMusicInc said:

    @Stuntman_mike said:
    🙏🏻 I feel like these will make it to iOS, but let’s try asking… Hi @MoogMusicInc, any chance Moogerfoogers will be ported to iOS?

    https://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfooger-effects-plug-ins

    Thanks for your interest in seeing our Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins available on iOS.

    We consider the virtual CV connectivity between the Moogerfooger effects an essential (and powerful!) part of the feature set. At this point, we have not found a suitable technical solution to provide this functionality on iOS. We will continue to evaluate and test ways to provide virtual CV in any DAW and host on iOS. As always, we appreciate your support and feedback!

    <3 your friends at Moog

    Thank you as always for your time and insight!

  • @MoogMusicInc said:

    @Stuntman_mike said:
    🙏🏻 I feel like these will make it to iOS, but let’s try asking… Hi @MoogMusicInc, any chance Moogerfoogers will be ported to iOS?

    https://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfooger-effects-plug-ins

    Thanks for your interest in seeing our Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins available on iOS.

    We consider the virtual CV connectivity between the Moogerfooger effects an essential (and powerful!) part of the feature set. At this point, we have not found a suitable technical solution to provide this functionality on iOS. We will continue to evaluate and test ways to provide virtual CV in any DAW and host on iOS. As always, we appreciate your support and feedback!

    <3 your friends at Moog

    Interesting. I would have thought you’d know how to do that having built the Model 15 app, but then again I am a compleat idiot.

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

    @MoogMusicInc said:

    @Stuntman_mike said:
    🙏🏻 I feel like these will make it to iOS, but let’s try asking… Hi @MoogMusicInc, any chance Moogerfoogers will be ported to iOS?

    https://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfooger-effects-plug-ins

    Thanks for your interest in seeing our Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins available on iOS.

    We consider the virtual CV connectivity between the Moogerfooger effects an essential (and powerful!) part of the feature set. At this point, we have not found a suitable technical solution to provide this functionality on iOS. We will continue to evaluate and test ways to provide virtual CV in any DAW and host on iOS. As always, we appreciate your support and feedback!

    <3 your friends at Moog

    Interesting. I would have thought you’d know how to do that having built the Model 15 app, but then again I am a compleat idiot.

    I think it's more about 'shared memory' and 'realtime/sample accurate communication' between the plug-ins as each of them lives in a separate sandbox on iOS/iPadOS. Yes even if they are included in the same 'app-bundle'.

    But I think it can be done.
    If we look at Atom 2 as an example where all instances can have access to the content from the other instances.

    So I'm quite confident sure the developers @MoogMusicInc will be able to figure this one out :sunglasses:

    Cheers!

  • Oh dear, trialling these on desktop is really tempting me, £135 ish for the lot suddenly doesn’t seems so bad 😅

  • Yeah, this is really challenging my arbitrary refusal to buy anything that uses iLok.

    Well, it’s not ARBITRARY — I know some people that had a miserable time with iLok back in 2008ish, and third-party DRM frustrates me on principle. But from everything I’ve heard, iLok isn’t the nightmare it used to be. Guess I’m just stubborn.

  • @jrjulius said:
    Yeah, this is really challenging my arbitrary refusal to buy anything that uses iLok.

    Well, it’s not ARBITRARY — I know some people that had a miserable time with iLok back in 2008ish, and third-party DRM frustrates me on principle. But from everything I’ve heard, iLok isn’t the nightmare it used to be. Guess I’m just stubborn.

    They really should sell these through the macOS App Store.

  • Using iLok means they can sell to Windows users too.

  • @NeuM said:

    @jrjulius said:
    Yeah, this is really challenging my arbitrary refusal to buy anything that uses iLok.

    Well, it’s not ARBITRARY — I know some people that had a miserable time with iLok back in 2008ish, and third-party DRM frustrates me on principle. But from everything I’ve heard, iLok isn’t the nightmare it used to be. Guess I’m just stubborn.

    They really should sell these through the macOS App Store.

    Would that work for VST and AUv2?

  • @auxmux said:
    Using iLok means they can sell to Windows users too.

    But they currently sell their synths, which are both plugins and standalone apps through the App Store. So why not offer both?

  • @NeuM said:

    @auxmux said:
    Using iLok means they can sell to Windows users too.

    But they currently sell their synths, which are both plugins and standalone apps through the App Store. So why not offer both?

    Because those synths are not Windows compatible. These new plugins likely use a different codebase which is more universally compatible between windows and mac.

    Also, licensing as a business through multiple platforms is a pain. iLok has been around for a long time and most buyers of VSTS on windows and mac are used to it. If someone owns both machines like I do, using iLok is a lot better.

  • @auxmux said:

    @NeuM said:

    @auxmux said:
    Using iLok means they can sell to Windows users too.

    But they currently sell their synths, which are both plugins and standalone apps through the App Store. So why not offer both?

    Because those synths are not Windows compatible. These new plugins likely use a different codebase which is more universally compatible between windows and mac.

    Also, licensing as a business through multiple platforms is a pain. iLok has been around for a long time and most buyers of VSTS on windows and mac are used to it. If someone owns both machines like I do, using iLok is a lot better.

    I’m not saying they shouldn’t sell iLok to Windows customers, I’m saying they should make life easier for macOS users. iLok is a disaster.

  • @Samu said:
    I do feel it's just a matter of time...
    There's still one old classic Moog app that has not made the AUv3 jump (Filtatron) and this would be a perfect opportunity.

    I always wondered why they didn’t update that one.

  • @NeuM said:

    @auxmux said:

    @NeuM said:

    @auxmux said:
    Using iLok means they can sell to Windows users too.

    But they currently sell their synths, which are both plugins and standalone apps through the App Store. So why not offer both?

    Because those synths are not Windows compatible. These new plugins likely use a different codebase which is more universally compatible between windows and mac.

    Also, licensing as a business through multiple platforms is a pain. iLok has been around for a long time and most buyers of VSTS on windows and mac are used to it. If someone owns both machines like I do, using iLok is a lot better.

    I’m not saying they shouldn’t sell iLok to Windows customers, I’m saying they should make life easier for macOS users. iLok is a disaster.

    Not really, I've used iLok for more than 5 years on Macs, and it's fine.

    Selling through a single DRM provider is simpler from a distribution and customer care perspective. If someone uses different devices or changes OS or in a studio setup where you have different machines, iLok works out because there's no need to transfer licenses etc.

  • @auxmux said:

    @NeuM said:

    @auxmux said:

    @NeuM said:

    @auxmux said:
    Using iLok means they can sell to Windows users too.

    But they currently sell their synths, which are both plugins and standalone apps through the App Store. So why not offer both?

    Because those synths are not Windows compatible. These new plugins likely use a different codebase which is more universally compatible between windows and mac.

    Also, licensing as a business through multiple platforms is a pain. iLok has been around for a long time and most buyers of VSTS on windows and mac are used to it. If someone owns both machines like I do, using iLok is a lot better.

    I’m not saying they shouldn’t sell iLok to Windows customers, I’m saying they should make life easier for macOS users. iLok is a disaster.

    Not really, I've used iLok for more than 5 years on Macs, and it's fine.

    Selling through a single DRM provider is simpler from a distribution and customer care perspective. If someone uses different devices or changes OS or in a studio setup where you have different machines, iLok works out because there's no need to transfer licenses etc.

    All fine. But the license stuff can be avoided entirely if one goes through the App Store. Frictionless for the user.

  • @auxmux said:

    @NeuM said:

    @auxmux said:

    @NeuM said:

    @auxmux said:
    Using iLok means they can sell to Windows users too.

    But they currently sell their synths, which are both plugins and standalone apps through the App Store. So why not offer both?

    Because those synths are not Windows compatible. These new plugins likely use a different codebase which is more universally compatible between windows and mac.

    Also, licensing as a business through multiple platforms is a pain. iLok has been around for a long time and most buyers of VSTS on windows and mac are used to it. If someone owns both machines like I do, using iLok is a lot better.

    I’m not saying they shouldn’t sell iLok to Windows customers, I’m saying they should make life easier for macOS users. iLok is a disaster.

    Not really, I've used iLok for more than 5 years on Macs, and it's fine.

    Selling through a single DRM provider is simpler from a distribution and customer care perspective. If someone uses different devices or changes OS or in a studio setup where you have different machines, iLok works out because there's no need to transfer licenses etc.

    I use iLok on my M1 MacBook Pro and my Windows desktop, zero issues.

Sign In or Register to comment.