Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AASamplePlayer by 衍 孟

https://apps.apple.com/app/id6443626189

Description:

4 knobs:

• Start point
  • Attack
  • Release
  • Pitch

3 buttons:

• Load file - support for audio & video file
  • Mono/poly
  • Copy file name - one day you'll thank me for this :)

Other:

• AUv3 supported
  • No IAP
  • No virtual keyboard (just use it with other DAW like GarageBand)

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 9.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• “ Copy file name - one day you'll thank me for this”

This 👆👏
    So many apps are missing this feature, even the Digitakt needs it. When you’re working with samples you’re likely to want to save a preset with the name of the file. For example, I requested this for Nembrini’s IR Loader. If you load an IR file, you want to save a preset with the same name. Very useful and a huge timesaver.

• Instant crashes on iPhone latest OS as a AU inside AUM seems very buggy sorry to say avoid for now.

• Interesting AppStore details:

©️GAS Therapy ..of the same name YouTube series(??)

AppStore Chart #85 in Finance 🤔

• @Proppa said:
    Interesting AppStore details:

©️GAS Therapy ..of the same name YouTube series(??)

AppStore Chart #85 in Finance 🤔

Ah, it’s this guy

• Soon we'll see one of those videos of him replacing the OP-1 with garageband
    But powered up by his app :wink:

• Nice! I'll will support the guy that tell me to not buy more stuff buying hsi stuff lol

Does it have drag and drop?

Does the AUv3 stores the sample on the it's state or does it read it from the file system?

Will be looping implemented? I would like to seamlessly loop a section of a sample, maybe ramp up the volume (to use a tail as looping point) and releas to the tail...

I'll by it anyway, I support this guy!

• Yea it’s only $.99 but I’d love to see it in action before I grab it. At least some feedback. Any opinions? Videos out there?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Instant crashes on iPhone latest OS as a AU inside AUM seems very buggy sorry to say avoid for now.

Thanks for this.

• @cokomairena said:
    Nice! I'll will support the guy that tell me to not buy more stuff buying hsi stuff lol

Does it have drag and drop?

Does the AUv3 stores the sample on the it's state or does it read it from the file system?

Will be looping implemented? I would like to seamlessly loop a section of a sample, maybe ramp up the volume (to use a tail as looping point) and releas to the tail...

I'll by it anyway, I support this guy!

Hahaha ikr?!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Instant crashes on iPhone latest OS as a AU inside AUM seems very buggy sorry to say avoid for now.

Same here. Not working in standalone mode either. It’s a shame because a simple sampler like this could be fun.

• I wonder if the developer exclusively had GarageBand in mind for this app. The description mentions (only) that host.

Has anyone tried it there?

• He's a really nice guy actually. Hopefully the bugs will be ironed out!

• edited October 2022

It worked perfect for me in AUM.
    I like its simplicity, but it definitely needs loop mode with loop start/end knobs and reverse

• It works on my iPad M1.

• So it seems the crashes are only on the iPhone version for me. Seems to work fine on iPad. Definitely agree that it could use a loop mode and more versatility regarding the start/end positions. Pretty fun app though!

• So you basically load one, one shot sample and it auto pitches it across the keyboard?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    So you basically load one, one shot sample and it auto pitches it across the keyboard?

Yep. And there’s a knob to adjust the pitch up and down as well as attack/release, and start point. Very simplistic but I like it for what it is.

• @HotStrange said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    So you basically load one, one shot sample and it auto pitches it across the keyboard?

Yep. And there’s a knob to adjust the pitch up and down as well as attack/release, and start point. Very simplistic but I like it for what it is.

Yea and at that price point too.

Last thing before I grab it, Does it stretch the sounds well? Does it sound good in different octaves? Or Is there a really noticeable difference, the further you get away from the original note of the sound? I guess I’m asking if it has any time strech? so the sound doesn’t play really long or really short when playing in different octaves?

• edited October 2022

Yep, there is a bug on my iPhone but it works well on my iPad

• I have been in touch with dev. He’s working on updates including a Mac/PC version. FYI 😎👍🏼

• @anickt said:
    I have been in touch with dev. He’s working on updates including a Mac/PC version. FYI 😎👍🏼

Great news!

• Update is out

• I love that it's called AA... because it shows at the begining of my AUv3 list in drambo.

I love it's simplicity! I'm using it a lot as I have like 500 melodic one shots

• @Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Last thing before I grab it, Does it stretch the sounds well? Does it sound good in different octaves? Or Is there a really noticeable difference, the further you get away from the original note of the sound? I guess I’m asking if it has any time strech? so the sound doesn’t play really long or really short when playing in different octaves?

I haven’t dove into enough to definitively answer that yet. If you haven’t bought yet I’ll try and dive some more over the next day or 2 and update you!

• @Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@Poppadocrock said:

It doesn't stretch sounds, just changes the pitch, so it sounds shorter the higher you get

• @HotStrange said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I haven’t dove into enough to definitively answer that yet. If you haven’t bought yet I’ll try and dive some more over the next day or 2 and update you!

I bought it anyway for a $1

• @cokomairena said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@Poppadocrock said:

It doesn't stretch sounds, just changes the pitch, so it sounds shorter the higher you get

Thanks @cokomairena i was hoping it had time stretch but I thought for a buck that might be wishful thinking.

• What I do is use both a granular synth for the tail and a normal sample player like this for the attack. I would like some sampler like that, Ableton Live has stretch but I don't like how it sounds

• @cokomairena said:
    What I do is use both a granular synth for the tail and a normal sample player like this for the attack. I would like some sampler like that, Ableton Live has stretch but I don't like how it sounds

Good idea.