Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Grand Finale 2 by Klevgrand available now!

Comments

• and iPhone

I wonder if they're planning on making their other apps universal* as well

• Will it be an update to the existing app or a completely new app?

• I think you know the answer to that question, @Samu

Alas, 2.0 almost always means more $.

• edited October 2022

@Samu said:
    Will it be an update to the existing app or a completely new app?

It's a free update for desktop

• edited October 2022

@Samu said:

I can get almost anything from the devs…EXCEPT PRICING or anything related to it. I’ve only got that kind of information twice. Hope it’s a free one

• @dmnc said:

@Samu said:

It's a free update for desktop

I will be delighted to have my suspicions proved wrong!

• @Samu said:

From the Klevgränd newsletter:
    The Grand Finale v2.0 update will also be available on iOS very shortly (for both iPad and iPhone).

• @Polyphonix said:

@Samu said:

The Grand Finale v2.0 update will also be available on iOS very shortly (for both iPad and iPhone).

That doesn’t answer the question 🤦🏾‍♂️

• I wonder if it will crash less.

• @ninobeatz said:

@Polyphonix said:

@Samu said:

You might want to assume that since it's a new version of the software, it will be a separate cost. If it's not, then you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Great news, I always liked Grand Finale in some way. But now as auv, thats a gamechanger, I’m curious...

• Yay, it just stopped working for me again - happy to know a fix is en route!

• edited October 2022

Would be kinda fucked up if it was a new app considering it hasn’t been updated in 3 years…and it wasn’t a cheap app…and it has a lot of bugs…and it needs to be better than cheaper auv3 apps, and…

I’m guessing it is an update though. They seem to imply it isn’t named “Grand Finale 2 (ver 1.0)” but simply ver 2.0 of the same app.

• edited October 2022

I never had a problem with Grand Finale. Never a crash and no signs of bugs. The only thing I didn’t like was the minimal visual feedback. This looks like it might address that issue. And for what it cost initially I don’t mind a paid update. Break out the price of the initial purchase over the time I’ve used it and it was practically free.

PS - I take it back. It worked fine the last time I used it. Today, not so much! 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @anickt said:
    I never had a problem with Grand Finale. Never a crash and no signs of bugs. The only thing I didn’t like was the minimal visual feedback. This looks like it might address that issue. And for what it cost initially I don’t mind a paid update. Break out the price of the initial purchase over the time I’ve used it and it was practically free.

PS - I take it back. It worked fine the last time I used it. Today, not so much! 🤷🏽‍♂️

😞 yeah I think iOS 16 broke it for some

• This is very interesting. Excited to see and hear it in action.

• My hope is that it will be able to insert into a host’s mix so I can listen to various settings and tweak mix settings or add additional effects if necessary rather than just sending a mix to GF.

• When they upaded Haaze to Haaze 2 it was a new app.

• IMHO there is a difference between a update and a new version

• I just nabbed the desktop version for around $49. It’s a totally new app.

• @echoopera said:
    I just nabbed the desktop version for around $49. It’s a totally new app.

What are your impressions? Easier? Faster? Better?

• The current version of the app that’s out on iOS has always been quirky for me regardless of which iOS version I’ve been on. One example — every few times you choose to Export a file, the app will just refuse to do so. And you’ll have to force close everything, give it a minute, and start again. But I’ve worked around it. The presets are fine for what I’m doing. I really like being able to send over a WAV from Garageband, select a preset in Grand Finale, and export it (when it works).

• I’m using it on my Master Channel and am liking the results. They have a demo as well to test out.

I received a discount code via a klevgrand email.

• I also got the desktop version. I never really used it in V1 since the interface wasn’t very clear or intuitive. It looked cool though!

V2 looks and sounds very promising so far! Quite neat and easy to use and the presets that I tried sound surprisingly good!
    I think I’ll actually start using GF now.

• How's the CPU usage? Klevgrand AUs are notoriously high CPU, is this better?

• Well I’m running it on an iMac 2013 plus many other Klevgrand plugins all the time and never run into CPU issues with them.
    M1 devices apparently are triple as fast as my machine.

• @ninobeatz said:

@Polyphonix said:

@Samu said:

@ninobeatz said:

@Polyphonix said:

@Samu said:

Update is an update of an existing app, new app is a new app. You can assume that Klevgränd will announce a new app as such and not simply talk about an update. For me, the statement clearly answers the question.

• edited October 2022

@ninobeatz said:

@Polyphonix said:

@Samu said:

I’m an ignorant guy but doesn’t the word update imply it should be free? I’m curious because I’m wondering if I should buy it or wait for the “update” lol

• @magnusovi said:

@ninobeatz said:

@Polyphonix said:

@Samu said:

I’m an ignorant guy but doesn’t the word update imply it should be free? I’m curious because I’m wondering if I should buy it or wait for the “update” lol

I would hold off buying Grand Finale v1 just in case. I agree that the wording in the original post — “The Grand Finale v2.0 update will also be available on iOS very shortly” — implies that it will be an update to the existing app. But that’s reading a lot into English semantics from a Swedish company, and this seems like a pretty major update for them to give away for free.

I’ve got my fingers crossed, but I’m not holding my breath!

• @jrjulius said:

@magnusovi said:

@ninobeatz said:

@Polyphonix said:

@Samu said:

I would hold off buying Grand Finale v1 just in case. I agree that the wording in the original post — “The Grand Finale v2.0 update will also be available on iOS very shortly” — implies that it will be an update to the existing app. But that’s reading a lot into English semantics from a Swedish company, and this seems like a pretty major update for them to give away for free.

I’ve got my fingers crossed, but I’m not holding my breath!

Thanks for the great response!