Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Note for iOS

1232425262729»

Comments

• @BroCoast said:

@kirmesteggno said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@kirmesteggno said:

@Danny_Mammy said:
    it's designed to be used with Ableton live. Doesn't make sense for the app to do otherwise. You want the iOS app to always lead to the main DAW on mac/PC.. possibly P3S. Doesn't make business sense to do otherwise for this 7 euro app.

The problem is that it's not good enough in integrating with Live on the desktop, nobody wants to work the way they have envisioned you should work using that app.

That's rather categorical.

A bit exaggerated but it's the truth. You can't chop samples properly (where is Simpler?), you can't sequence properly (crippled Piano roll), you can't prepare Abletons session view properly (limited tracks). Who is this for? It's not for existing Ableton users that's for sure.

I use Note a lot. Very different headspace to using Live on the computer which is a good thing.

The iPad does the same for me in general. I prefer it for ideation. I just don't get what I could gain from Note over other iPad apps. Not that the Ableton device presets or devices in Note are bad, but I have a so much richer palette of AUv3s to flesh out ideas with, I think I'd get bored with the stuff in Note after a couple of tracks.

The thing is I want to do most of the sound design on the iPad because it's more inspiring, but Note would just be good enough for a rough sketch and kinda expects the bulk of that process to be done in Ableton on a desktop, that's the problem.

• @kirmesteggno said:

@BroCoast said:

@kirmesteggno said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@kirmesteggno said:

@Danny_Mammy said:
    it's designed to be used with Ableton live. Doesn't make sense for the app to do otherwise. You want the iOS app to always lead to the main DAW on mac/PC.. possibly P3S. Doesn't make business sense to do otherwise for this 7 euro app.

The problem is that it's not good enough in integrating with Live on the desktop, nobody wants to work the way they have envisioned you should work using that app.

A bit exaggerated but it's the truth. You can't chop samples properly (where is Simpler?), you can't sequence properly (crippled Piano roll), you can't prepare Abletons session view properly (limited tracks). Who is this for? It's not for existing Ableton users that's for sure.

I use Note a lot. Very different headspace to using Live on the computer which is a good thing.

The iPad does the same for me in general. I prefer it for ideation. I just don't get what I could gain from Note over other iPad apps. Not that the Ableton device presets or devices in Note are bad, but I have a so much richer palette of AUv3s to flesh out ideas with, I think I'd get bored with the stuff in Note after a couple of tracks.

The thing is I want to do most of the sound design on the iPad because it's more inspiring, but Note would just be good enough for a rough sketch and kinda expects the bulk of that process to be done in Ableton on a desktop, that's the problem.

Well Note is a sketchpad, it’s in the name. 😂

I don’t think you’re the intended user.

• @Danny_Mammy said:
    it's quite simple, it's not designed to work with other ios music apps, its clearly marketed as that. It cost 7 euro and has a symbiotic link with Ableton live rather than other music iOS apps. Why would Ableton make note work with other IOS apps for only 7 euro? makes no business sense.

Ableton note is not that old actually and it has constantly added features, good ones too. it will continue to improve.

it has midi in and supportssplit sreen, it is designed to work with other ios music apps

• I’m in the camp where I think Note is a beautiful little app and I love the results I get from it, and I think the integration with Live is great. But I’m invested in Logic and only have Live Lite on my Mac, and for now I’m sticking with Logic. So I guess in the end I’m a little jealous that this great workflow is kind of outside my chosen sphere. But I get it, it is a companion app for Live, a sharp tool that serves a limited purpose very well.

I’d love it if it could load plugins and had more tracks/scenes etc, but it would break that nice Note->Live workflow that works so effortlessly today. The promise of Note is that whatever you do in that app, it’ll open right up in Live and sound just the same. Logic iPad -> Logic Mac can only make that promise if you stick to built-in plugins and even then it can be a bit fraught.

• @BroCoast said:

@kirmesteggno said:

@BroCoast said:

@kirmesteggno said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@kirmesteggno said:

@Danny_Mammy said:

Well Note is a sketchpad, it’s in the name. 😂

I don’t think you’re the intended user.

I don't think anyone here is to be honest, not if you use the ipad for music production. It's more like for Ableton users who happen to have iPhones and don't pre-produce on iPads really.

• @cokomairena said:

@Danny_Mammy said:
    it's quite simple, it's not designed to work with other ios music apps, its clearly marketed as that. It cost 7 euro and has a symbiotic link with Ableton live rather than other music iOS apps. Why would Ableton make note work with other IOS apps for only 7 euro? makes no business sense.

Ableton note is not that old actually and it has constantly added features, good ones too. it will continue to improve.

it has midi in and supportssplit sreen, it is designed to work with other ios music apps

i love the split screen support! wish AUM had that.

the midi input is for any device (primary midi controllers as to first concern) with midi output regardless of it being iOS or not.

i wouldn't mind seeing Note with midi output

• @Jökulgil said:

@cokomairena said:

@Danny_Mammy said:

When you say this, do you mean you can play into it with a midi controller or drag midi files into the piano roll using split screen? Could you show a couple of examples of how you are using it with other iOS music apps? I’m curious 🤔 Thanks

You can for example use any midi-auv3 in Standalone drambo to send to Note and have them side by side in split screen. Pretty cool, although I merely tried if it works and didn't do that much with it.

• Unfortunately the thebeatcommunity.com link is dead and I can't find any other information. Anyone have a live link?

• @mjm1138 said:

Unfortunately the thebeatcommunity.com link is dead and I can't find any other information. Anyone have a live link?

Update the app, if you haven't yet, and go to the help menu. There's a new entry for joining the beta

• I just searched ableton note beta. Its wide open for anyone that didn’t know