Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

«13456729

Comments

  • edited October 2022

    Holy…am i dreaming?!?!🫢💗💗💗

    Are we getting Simpler on iOS to make music with? Downloading now.

  • Wow! Impressive amount of functionality in that compact format. I don't have Ableton Live but get tempted by this ingenious thingy. Well priced too. Hmm, I do have a lite license somewhere, however far that gets you (thinking out loud :) )

  • Can't see any connectivity in the app description, which is a shame.

  • @echoopera said:
    Holy…am i dreaming?!?!🫢💗💗💗

    Are we getting Simpler on iOS to make music with? Downloading now.

    Don’t really know… could be a cash cow sort of thing in a few months? But right now it really looks cool. A little bit like this other fun sequencer which name I cannot recall (I don’t mean Reasonpocket).

    At work
    Right now but I will check the video later

  • ummmmm okkkkkkkkkk. super down.

  • just made a lil thing with it. its great, intuitive (ish) can get pretty deep. already exported the session it to my desktop and it just opens flawlessly. well done ableton. lets hope they keep it updated and building

  • edited October 2022

    Connectivity is apparently to Ableton via ‘Ableton Cloud’. I’m downloading it now, intrigued…

    Update: you can export to wav, and share to the file folder - and import your own waves from the file folder. Excellent!

  • edited October 2022

    I wonder if they’ll update their SDK to support apps having the ability to export an Ableton Note project, so you could use other apps to create a song and export to the format.

    There are a few apps which export Ableton Projects ya know 😉

    This is something huge in a small package. Super Stoked for this💗💗 they did this right.

    Mobile first with frictionless connectivity to the desktop. Wow!

  • edited October 2022

    @echoopera said:
    I wonder if they’ll update their SDK to support apps having the ability to export an Ableton Note project, so you could use other apps to create a song and export to the format.

    There are a few apps which export Ableton Projects ya know 😉

    This is something huge in a small package. Super Stoked for this💗💗 they did this right.

    Mobile first with frictionless connectivity to the desktop. Wow!

    its so good. its much more than just simpler in there. I love koala, but having this load right into ableton with all their built in FX and devices is just mind blowing

  • Way ha what a nice very cool. Here is hoping it’s the start of the journey.

  • edited October 2022

    seriously not impressed here... thats why we have m1 on iPads!?:)
    to make "beats" !?!

    The only thing I like and miss on iOS from Live is not here...:)
    sample warp...:)
    maybe they'll add it later...

  • Maybe they don’t need a hardware stand alone Ableton when they already have access to billions of phones and iPads just waiting to be used with Ableton Note.

    Let’s hope their Cloud infrastructure is ready for us 😜

  • edited October 2022

    Does the cloud appear on all Ableton versions im a sat on 10 at present ? Or do you need 11 to use this functionality?

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Does the cloud appear on all Ableton versions im a sat on 10 at present ? Or do you need 11 to use this functionality?

    It requires a more recent version. I'm downloading Live Lite 11.2.5 update at the moment...

  • Played around with it for 5 minutes because... work... but man... it's deep enough.
    It records automation, it exports to Ableton, it has a ... SAMPLER :D
    They had me at sampler :)

    The start/end adjustment of samples is dope too. Basically zoom into view the portion you want to play.

    Will test tonight with Midi & shit. Looks pretty dope!

  • @Samu said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Does the cloud appear on all Ableton versions im a sat on 10 at present ? Or do you need 11 to use this functionality?

    It requires a more recent version. I'm downloading Live Lite 11.2.5 update at the moment...

    It says you can Airdrop your projects from the app as well.

    Anyone know if the projects are compatible with v10?

  • Okay, I love this app… it brings basic Ableton magic to iOS!

  • @monz0id said:

    @Samu said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Does the cloud appear on all Ableton versions im a sat on 10 at present ? Or do you need 11 to use this functionality?

    It requires a more recent version. I'm downloading Live Lite 11.2.5 update at the moment...

    It says you can Airdrop your projects from the app as well.

    Anyone know if the projects are compatible with v10?

    i did exactly this... opened straight away, no issue. incredible. not sure about 10, but it is a new file type... "ablbundle"

  • @shinyisshiny said:

    @monz0id said:

    @Samu said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Does the cloud appear on all Ableton versions im a sat on 10 at present ? Or do you need 11 to use this functionality?

    It requires a more recent version. I'm downloading Live Lite 11.2.5 update at the moment...

    It says you can Airdrop your projects from the app as well.

    Anyone know if the projects are compatible with v10?

    i did exactly this... opened straight away, no issue. incredible. not sure about 10, but it is a new file type... "ablbundle"

    Ah right, I wonder if v10 can open that.

    I guess at least it has an audio export, so I can always chop that up in Live 10.

  • edited October 2022
  • Ugh what a horrible time to be overdraftd on my card because th stupid Jeep broke down. I don’t even drive that much :/
    hehe, but wow, how cool this looks tho! Have fun y’all, while I go outside and drive “loops”! :(

  • edited October 2022

    Oh well, that's my v10 out of the picture:

    "Note Sets can be opened in Ableton Live and are supported in Live Version 11.2.5 and later."

    https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/6243757391388-Note-Compatibility

  • edited October 2022

    @monz0id said:
    Oh well, that's my v10 out of the picture:

    "Note Sets can be opened in Ableton Live and are supported in Live Version 11.2.5 and later."

    https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/6243757391388-Note-Compatibility

    Just get a hold of Ableton Lite. That should work i presume.

    Let me know if you need a serial number. I have like 4 cause of Novation gear. I can PM you the number if you need one.

    Or anyone else for that matter. Just hit me up and I’ll send you what i have until i run out of them.

  • Time to upgrade to 11 during the next sale nearly did early in the year wish I had now rather than Twitwig!

Sign In or Register to comment.