Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vampyr premiere - contributor time zone check

edited October 2022 in Other

Hi all,

As we move toward the big day for the Vampyr premiere, talk turns to how to do it.

If poss, we’d like to do a ‘livestream’ thing, with as many contributors and viewers in a live chat at once as possible - but that raises the issue of time zones.

If we do go down this route, it would be good to pick a time that most of the contributors could accommodate, accepting that this means it won’t be great timing for some.

Just to get a feel for what would be fairest then, can I invite our soundtrack contributors to confirm what time it would be for you locally, if the event began at the arbitrary time of 8pm on Oct 31st Greenwich Mean Time; and if you would be wanting to take part in a live chat session, at that time, or indeed at all?

Thanks!

Comments

• That would be 5pm here for me. Works fine and I would be totally available :wink:🤘

• Would be 2am but I can stretch to that 👻

• It would be 8pm for me.

• 3pm for me. Not sure if I'd be up for a live chat sesh though.

• 8pm for me, no problem.

• 5pm here

• I would prefer to not participate.

• I’m in GMT so it’s generally a good time for me, though I’m not sure if I’m supposed to be scaring the nieces at that time or not 😈

• Will view but not participate.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    3pm for me. Not sure if I'd be up for a live chat sesh though.

Live chat here refers purely to text chat, Justin case that's unclear to anyone. I will say, watching first time I'd probably be much more interested in immersing myself in the vibe while watching other people's segments than chatting, but will happily enter the live chat during my own segment. I would then probably rewatch with the live chat to get the lowdown on people's workflows etc

• @Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    3pm for me. Not sure if I'd be up for a live chat sesh though.

Live chat here refers purely to text chat, Justin case that's unclear to anyone. I will say, watching first time I'd probably be much more interested in immersing myself in the vibe while watching other people's segments than chatting, but will happily enter the live chat during my own segment. I would then probably rewatch with the live chat to get the lowdown on people's workflows etc

Ah, now I see. :) Might be fun to join in then, lol.

• I’m fine with the live chat, but may go quiet if I get engrossed in the film and the music!

• That’s the time I put the kids to bed here in Italy but I will do my best!!

• I’m in the UK and we should be back on GMT then. If @thesoundtestroom is streaming, which he usually does at 8pm, then that may affect the number of people attending this. I am a moderator for Doug’s stream so would be on his stream.
    But Doug sometimes takes a night off (Doug?) ;)

7, 9 or even 10pm GMT would work better for me. But whatever works for the majority is fine too. The video will be there to watch any time. 😀

• Is this going ahead as planned on 31/10, 20.00? And if so, which YT channel is it being premiered on? And is there a flyer graphic or similar we can use to post about it in advance?

Apologies if this has been posted and I’ve missed it.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    I’m in the UK and we should be back on GMT then. If @thesoundtestroom is streaming, which he usually does at 8pm, then that may affect the number of people attending this. I am a moderator for Doug’s stream so would be on his stream.

7, 9 or even 10pm GMT would work better for me. But whatever works for the majority is fine too. The video will be there to watch any time. 😀

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    I’m in the UK and we should be back on GMT then. If @thesoundtestroom is streaming, which he usually does at 8pm, then that may affect the number of people attending this. I am a moderator for Doug’s stream so would be on his stream.

@AlterEgo_UK said:

Oh when do the clocks change? If it is going back to 8 hours time zone for me, 8 pm is already crazy late as it would be 4am here, and something like 6pm UK time would work better

• @Gavinski said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

Oh when do the clocks change? If it is going back to 8 hours time zone for me, 8 pm is already crazy late as it would be 4am here, and something like 6pm UK time would work better

I'd imagine at that time most ppl would have finished work. I think a lot of ppl in the UK use public transport to get to and from work, in which case they could perhaps easily participate on the go?

• @AlterEgo_UK @Gavinski I won’t be streaming this Monday 31st😊

• Ah nice, come and watch Vampyr with us!

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @AlterEgo_UK @Gavinski I won’t be streaming this Monday 31st😊

• @Gavinski Do you have a link to the channel Gavin?

• We will host it on my channel - I’ll post a scheduled link once we have finalized the time!

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @Gavinski Do you have a link to the channel Gavin?

• Are we not settled on 7pm GMT?

• @Krupa said:
    Are we not settled on 7pm GMT?

Well, possibly! I still thought we were on 8pm, but that might be me being dozy, or from before we realised the clocks change this weekend. 7pm is fine by me, FWIW.

• Svetlovska told me to go ahead and pick the time, so I'm fixing it for 6pm UK time and 7pm in Europe, which should be easy enough times for most in those parts - that's already 2am for me and the movie lasts over an hour so that's plenty late! We have everything ready to go. I'll make a separate thread now and post the link once I publish the premiere!

• Well even though those times will work okay for me, I'm not sure I can participate but look forward to experiencing the completed masterpiece.

• @Gavinski said:
    Svetlovska told me to go ahead and pick the time, so I'm fixing it for 6pm UK time and 7pm in Europe, which should be easy enough times for most in those parts - that's already 2am for me and the movie lasts over an hour so that's plenty late! We have everything ready to go. I'll make a separate thread now and post the link once I publish the premiere!

Nice one, makes sense now!