Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordion is on the bus!

edited March 2013 in General App Discussion

Chordion is a new way to make music on the iPad. Choose chords with one hand and play melodies with the other - never hit a wrong note! Chordion is great for performing, writing songs, jamming, or having sing-alongs with friends.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chordion/id552182095?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Comments

• Chordion and Sampletank is an awesome combination.

• Chordion with anything pretty great, especially like using it with. Ableton via wireless midi. For someone like me who doesn't fully understand music theory this app really fills the gap.

• @trackwerker
    Might I recommend my other company's blog dedicated on music theory/harmony theory? http://harmonytheory.audanika.com

• I've been enjoying Chordion for a few months. It's a great app, and the update is stunning!

Bizarrely, I updated over wifi, and all the new features were showing apart from the drum/ arpeggiator tab. It just wasn't there.

A delete and re-install got it to show up.

...just in case anybody else was experiencing this.

I highly recommend this as a great,feature rich midi-controller.

• edited March 2013

anyone finding the virtual MIDI implementation a little finicky? had a tough time getting it to play nicely with DXi synth last night.

• @SpookyZoo -- Drum machine and Arpeggiator are disabled in MIDI mode, so that may be why they weren't showing up.

@hypoetical -- Not sure if this is what's going on, but if both the keys and chords are on the same MIDI channel it is possible that note-offs from one can turn off notes from the other. It works best with two different MIDI channels. Let me know if there's something else going on...

• Yep...that'll be it. Cheers. :)

• @sebastian - thanks will check that out

• I'm having problems with this too. I can control thumbjam with it using midi, no problem. But if I do it with both on the bus, no sound. If chordion is on, but off the bus it works fine too. EDIT: turns out it's only when the output is BM2, Loopy and Cubasis work fine

• edited March 2013

@Ian We're trying to sort out this issue, and have a few leads. For now, Chordion in MIDI mode should be used off the bus (fine in non-MIDI mode). Please let us know: [email protected] if you have any more information to help us track down this issue.

• Same here.I controlled Thumbjam with Chordion and Multitrack Daw on the output and got no sound.

• Really, really wish Chordion would give the Arp midi out. In case anyone's reading...

• edited April 2013

glad to know there's a lead on the MIDI issue!

• @thesammiller MIDI arp is on the way in the next update.