Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mozaic - any way to save things?

I suspect this may be an AUv3 thing, but I can't see any way to manually save and restore things from within a Mozaic script ('serialisation', in the jargon). I get that variables are saved with the state, but the problem is they are wiped out if you reload the script. This means any trivial tweak to the script loses everything.

Is there any way around this?

Comments

• edited October 2022

No, all your variables can be saved inside the saved state. Check the manual for a complete explanation :)

There’s no saving to file.

• @brambos said:
    No, all your variables can be saved inside the saved state. Check the manual for a complete explanation :)

So is this an AUv3 limitation? That there's just no way it could be implemented?

• @MarkH said:

@brambos said:

So is this an AUv3 limitation? That there's just no way it could be implemented?

When you change the script and recompile, the data layout might change. Saving a preset or snapshot saves the entire current state of the module, effectively as a binary image. So it would be difficult or impossible to merge saved "data" values with an updated "script". It's not just an AUv3 limitation.

• @uncledave said:

@MarkH said:

@brambos said:

When you change the script and recompile, the data layout might change. Saving a preset or snapshot saves the entire current state of the module, effectively as a binary image. So it would be difficult or impossible to merge saved "data" values with an updated "script". It's not just an AUv3 limitation.

I don't know what you mean by 'module' but I get the gist if state saving is BLOB-based. Never mind, Bram has confirmed this is a hit you have to take while developing a script.