Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SOLVED 4Pockets Multitrack Recorder Password Protected

edited October 2022 in Other

Hi,
I'm using Paul the MusicMan's / 4Pockets Multitrack audio recorder - When I backup my song (by pressing the top right Song button > Backup Song > save to a Files folder) when I try to open it I get a Password Protected message.

I've tried restarting my phone, creating a new song with absolutely nothing in it, tried standalone & AU versions of the app, but still get this password protected msg, even with completely empty/new songs. I've also tried putting other audio files in the folder (I saved the backup song to), to test if the folder was somehow protected, but every other file opens correctly - this seems to be a bug with 4P Multitrack.

I would contact Paul (the dev) myself, but I've never had an email reply & he rarely replies on Youtube (also, I don't use Facebook). If anyone has a solution to this, or knows how to contact the dev, that'd be much appreciated. Fyi, I'm on iOS 15.6.1, iPhoneXS Max.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• edited October 2022

Hi @gdog. This sounds really strange. What is the format of the file: mp3, wav, or what?

Could you post a screenshot of this password message?

Could you try sharing the file to another app, instead of "opening" it? It may have a default association with some particular app that's causing a problem.

Edit: Are you able to open or import it with Multitrack Recorder?

• Thanks for the reply @uncledave

The format of the file is .mtsong
    Sharing to Readdle Documents doesn’t help, nor can the file be opened/reimported with MTRecorder - it opens MTR, but nothing’s there (I tried this with a song that had 8 wavs loaded)

The workaround is to manually bounce the audio out for each of the tracks, then transfer them to an iPad for example, but that’s kinda annoying.

Thanks again, if you or anyone else has any ideas/solution for this, I’m all ears..

Here are some pix:-

• @gdog: i also get that behavir

• edited October 2022

@espiegel123 Thanks for confirming, I also get the same msg when testing on my iPad. If only there was a reliable way to let the dev know..

• edited October 2022

Just sent a message to Paul on messenger about this issue with link to this topic.

• @Janosax Excellent! Thanks for letting Paul know & taking the time to do so 👍🐬🌈

• These backup files are simply a compressed ZIP of all your project files and intended as a backup. You can only restore a backup, you cannot expand it and get at the contents.

• Thanks for the reply @4pockets_paul :smile:

I've just tested & it works perfectly! Several songs started on iPhone now load on my iPad too :smile:
    What confused me was that most apps I use, eg Audiobus, Aum, etc, automatically open their app when you tap their file - so I just assumed it'd be the same for Multitrack.

TLDR: To open a song made on iPhone, on your iPad > backup song > transfer the song to your iPad > on your iPad open Multitrack > restore song.

Thanks again, wishing you all the best :smiley: