Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

In Audiobus, how do I specify two inputs as L & R?

edited October 2022 in Support and Feedback

I’m using Matrix vocoder (but same applies to Der Voco)

These use L and R input for carrier/modulator separation.

I’ve got an audio signal for voice on L of an A/D input into one Audiobus lane.

I have a raw guitar signal (on the R of that A/D) which goes into another Audiobus lane into PD Space guitar synthesiser.

What I want is to send PD Space into the R input of the Audiobus lane that has the voice signal already going in on L.

Here’s the setup (hidden to avoid distraction:

The voice audio is a track in Logic Pro X played from the Mac audio out into a channel of the A&H Zed 10 mixer, that is panned L.

The guitar is played live into a guitar input of the A&H Zed 10 mixer panned right.

The total stereo pair goes out of the mixer’s A/D converter and over USB-lightning into the iPad Pro.

As a L+R input pair to the vocoder standalone it works.

I want the guitar to go into PD Space first though, then into the vocoder.