Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turn Apple Music Off?

I have been struggling with this for years now and wonder if any of you have experienced it as well. Every single day, despite my having set it to not do so, Apple Music turns itself on on my phone. I open the app, click the bottom left corner, which is supposed to be my library and instead it's Listen Now.

I've never subscribed to Apple Music and have no intention of doing so.

Every time I search for suggestions or to see if this is a bug (or an unfortunate annoying feature) everything comes up with ways to turn it on, which obviously is the exact opposite of what I'm looking to do here.

I reach out in hopes one of you will be so kind as to help me rectify this minor, albeit vexing problem.

Comments

• Can’t you just delete the music app ?

• I can, but I have my library synced across all my devices and thus would lose the ability to listen to the music I have in iTunes.

• @WordBird said:
    I have been struggling with this for years now and wonder if any of you have experienced it as well. Every single day, despite my having set it to not do so, Apple Music turns itself on on my phone. I open the app, click the bottom left corner, which is supposed to be my library and instead it's Listen Now.

I've never subscribed to Apple Music and have no intention of doing so.

Every time I search for suggestions or to see if this is a bug (or an unfortunate annoying feature) everything comes up with ways to turn it on, which obviously is the exact opposite of what I'm looking to do here.

I reach out in hopes one of you will be so kind as to help me rectify this minor, albeit vexing problem.

I’ve never experienced that. What OS version?

Are you saying that it automatically starts playing music for no reason?

• Try Settings - Music - Show Apple Music, and turn it off.

I’ve a feeling there may be something else you can turn off in the Restrictions if the above doesn’t sort it out.

• Do you use a Bluetooth speaker and is this speaker set to turn itself on every day?

• @WordBird just to clarify the situation: you have the Apple Music app and want to keep using it (instead of deleting it) because you have iTunes-purchased content (or iTunes Match) that's kept in sync across you devices, but somehow the Apple Music subscription keeps turning itself on. Am I understanding things correctly?

• @Grandbear said:
    @WordBird just to clarify the situation: you have the Apple Music app and want to keep using it (instead of deleting it) because you have iTunes-purchased content (or iTunes Match) that's kept in sync across you devices, but somehow the Apple Music subscription keeps turning itself on. Am I understanding things correctly?

Yes, that is it exactly! Thank you for clarifying what I was unable to above.

I open the Apple Music app and the icon in the bottom left corner is Listen Now, so I go to Settings>Music>Show Apple Music and for some reason the switch is green and toggled to on. I turn it off, go back to the app and it's gone and Library is now the icon in the bottom left of the screen. When I go back the next day the process is exactly the same because for reasons unknown the Show Apple Music button toggles itself back to the on position.

I realize that in the grand scheme of things this is not a huge deal or problem, but aside from being incredibly annoying to have to fix every day, it's also just driving me crazy not knowing why it keeps happening.