Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lewitt Connect 6 audio interface...

Comments

• edited October 2022

@Gratouilli said:
    ... interesting one, isn't it ?

https://www.lewitt-audio.com/connect-6

Indeed it is!!!

• This is intriguing for sure. Decent price.
    There are so many more choices now!

• The Bi-Directional audio streaming between iDevice and Desktop seems pretty neat :sunglasses:
    It can also charge the connected device...

On paper the Mic-Pre seems to be pretty nice too, just waiting for a certain Julian Krause to put it to the test!
    I also wonder how much ooommppfff the headphone output has?

Will be keeping an eye out on this...
    ...caused a little 'GAS-Leak' but I didn't order one yet...

• @Samu said:
    ... just waiting for a certain Julian Krause to put it to the test!

Ah ah... I'm waiting for he's test too 😎

• edited October 2022

Not a fan of the look but it's interesting nonetheless. I wonder if the input gain and headphone volume are controllable with the big knob (like the iConnectivity interfaces) or if that's only available through their software.

• wimwim
    edited October 2022

@Grandbear said:
    Not a fan of the look ...

No kidding! My last "Industrial Design" university course was over 40 years ago, but looking at that still gives me a queasy feeling about the roasting I would have gotten if I turned in a project such as that. That just disturbs me on a level that's weird to describe.

I think I'd manage to overcome that if it was something I needed. But then again, to my surprise, maybe not.

• Some nice options, but the look is very “gamer.”

• Many YT reviews have come out quickly for this device since it's release and are all quite favourable. I have yet to see anybody show the capabilities of bi-directional audio and specifically with music apps.

I have long given up on Studiomux, my iConnectivity device was a pain and IDAM works great but always gotta set up an aggregate device. It seems to have everything I could possibly want and the onboard DSP is apparently quite good. Surprised there hasn't been more talk about this device on this forum!

• I have a Lewitt Audio DGT 650 mic that came with a very interesting breakout box, which is why I bought it. They discontinued it very early in the life, for these types of things. Since there is a companion management app for iOS that was also discontinued, it rendered the mic partially useable going forward. As long as I keep the app installed, I'm ok ... but sort of destroyed the resale potential. Emailed them and asked about a trade-in to an XLR mic, since I had not owned the kit that long maybe 18 months and they EOLed and destroyed the resale on me and it was not cheap. I was denied a trade-in and told basically too bad, so sad. I thought they would stand by their products more. They lost me as a customer. Be wary of the product lifecycle when you purchase anything of theirs that has an app or software management. YMMV

• The display will be obscured by the hand when adjusting the knob

• Looks very ugly but apart from that, no MIDI? Geared towards streamers, podcasters.

• I'm looking forward to Julian Krause's report on this Connect 6.

The 'overhyped' Apogee Boom seems to be a sour lemon...

• I asked Lewitt to specifically do a YT video based on the mobile input integrated with a DAW etc. to which they replied:

LEWITT
    Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any specific questions about the functionality? Very open to making a video to focus more on mobile. It's pretty much plug and play to record stereo audio from your mobile device and very simple to route any audio source to your mobile device, so this opens up a ton of potential use cases. Would love your input!

• @QuietBrian said:
    I asked Lewitt to specifically do a YT video based on the mobile input integrated with a DAW etc. to which they replied:

LEWITT
    Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any specific questions about the functionality? Very open to making a video to focus more on mobile. It's pretty much plug and play to record stereo audio from your mobile device and very simple to route any audio source to your mobile device, so this opens up a ton of potential use cases. Would love your input!

An interesting twist would be to check if they have plans for a control app for the iPad?

As far as I know the 'Mobile Port' is the one that gets the charge/power (PD Port) but it is not the equal to the computer port.
    (Mobile port is 24-bit 48k max while he computer port does 24-bit 96k).

So the 'twist' where would be to use the iPad in the 'Computer' port and the iPhone in the Mobile port.
    The iPad would have to be powered from another source since the PD-Power goes to the mobile port...

I'm in no rush to get a new interface at the moment but I have to say this one is ticking quite a few boxes.
    (Especially if we can have a bi-directional communication between the iPad and the iPhone or two iPad's etc.)

I only have one Lewitt product at the moment (LCT 441 Flex which I'm super happy with).

Cheers!

• I sent this to Lewitt:

@LEWITT I would look at the comments on the Audiobus forum to see what questions/concerns mobile musicians have about this device. Lack of midi is one, but I assume midi through DAW to mobile device would work? Also, would love for you to send a device to Julian Krause who is the king of audio interface reviews!

• edited October 2022

@QuietBrian said:
    Also, would love for you to send a device to Julian Krause who is the king of audio interface reviews!

He already has one as he did a live tear-down of the device some time ago but as usual he doesn't make the live-streams available afterwards :sunglasses:

They are available to his patreons...
    https://www.patreon.com/juliankrause

So yeah, I think since it's a more complex device the detailed review will take some time to make.

• @kidslow said:
    I have a Lewitt Audio DGT 650 mic that came with a very interesting breakout box, which is why I bought it. They discontinued it very early in the life, for these types of things. Since there is a companion management app for iOS that was also discontinued, it rendered the mic partially useable going forward. As long as I keep the app installed, I'm ok ... but sort of destroyed the resale potential. Emailed them and asked about a trade-in to an XLR mic, since I had not owned the kit that long maybe 18 months and they EOLed and destroyed the resale on me and it was not cheap. I was denied a trade-in and told basically too bad, so sad. I thought they would stand by their products more. They lost me as a customer. Be wary of the product lifecycle when you purchase anything of theirs that has an app or software management. YMMV

What does the app add in functionality? I’ve got a couple of these and last I checked they were able to do everything I needed since there’s controls onboard + DAW can control gain, sample rate etc.

Really good sounding mic (although a little high on self noise) and great concept overall. Tragedy they give up on it so soon. Are you still using it?

• @QuietBrian said:
    I sent this to Lewitt:

@LEWITT I would look at the comments on the Audiobus forum to see what questions/concerns mobile musicians have about this device. Lack of midi is one, but I assume midi through DAW to mobile device would work? Also, would love for you to send a device to Julian Krause who is the king of audio interface reviews!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the CONNECT 6 does not have MIDI ports but you could play a software instrument on your computer and then record the audio to your smartphone via the mobile output. And yes, we did send one to Julian Krause--stay tuned!

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@kidslow said:
    I have a Lewitt Audio DGT 650 mic that came with a very interesting breakout box, which is why I bought it. They discontinued it very early in the life, for these types of things. Since there is a companion management app for iOS that was also discontinued, it rendered the mic partially useable going forward. As long as I keep the app installed, I'm ok ... but sort of destroyed the resale potential. Emailed them and asked about a trade-in to an XLR mic, since I had not owned the kit that long maybe 18 months and they EOLed and destroyed the resale on me and it was not cheap. I was denied a trade-in and told basically too bad, so sad. I thought they would stand by their products more. They lost me as a customer. Be wary of the product lifecycle when you purchase anything of theirs that has an app or software management. YMMV

What does the app add in functionality? I’ve got a couple of these and last I checked they were able to do everything I needed since there’s controls onboard + DAW can control gain, sample rate etc.

Really good sounding mic (although a little high on self noise) and great concept overall. Tragedy they give up on it so soon. Are you still using it?

I assume you're talking about the DGT 650 (or 450)? I am not using it anymore, which is a shame. One can get by without the app but it adds the convenience of not having to push buttons on the little device and being able to see the configuration at a glance. I would have to go back and do some more hands on to refresh my memory on the little things I got from the app. Maybe I'm overreacting. Wouldn't be the first time.