Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unfiltered Audio Bass Mint iOS Public Beta

13»

Comments

• If a warning is given when a preset is saved, it will be saved if a space is entered in the preset name.
    This does not happen with normal usage, so I don't see it as an issue. But I’m reporting it just in case.

Example 1
    When a user tries to save a preset with a blank preset name, a warning message appears.
    But if a space is entered in the name, it can be saved.
    A preset named ".uap" appears.
    Two presets named ".uap" can be created.
    This (or these) preset can be deleted.

Example 2
    When a user tries to save a preset named "Default", a warning message appears.
    If a space is entered at the end of "Default", it can be saved.
    A preset named "Default" appears.
    This preset cannot be deleted. Of course, if Bass-Mint is uninstalled, it can be deleted.

Using the above method, a preset named "default" can also be created.
    This preset can be deleted.

• @cramdog said:
    If a warning is given when a preset is saved, it will be saved if a space is entered in the preset name.
    This does not happen with normal usage, so I don't see it as an issue. But I’m reporting it just in case.

Example 1
    When a user tries to save a preset with a blank preset name, a warning message appears.

Example 2
    This preset cannot be deleted. Of course, if Bass-Mint is uninstalled, it can be deleted.

You'd be a real asset to any dev.... I hope lots of them have you on their betas 👍

• Yes, @cramdog is doing an excellent job! Definite free plugins coming for them. We had two days off as @amusesmile was giving a presentation in Santa Barbara at our old grad school, but we're back to working on this. I'll post builds once we get through some more of these.

• Looks good to me. @cramdog listed the only nit I found.

• @cramdog said:
    If a warning is given when a preset is saved, it will be saved if a space is entered in the preset name.

Example 1

Example 2

This one is fixed. I was correctly trimming whitespace, but in the wrong spot in the saving process. This fixes a few others you've reported. I'm working on the Delete issues, and Josh is working on the locks. Preset names are now always loaded correctly with projects and duplicated plugins.

@cramdog's excellent testing reminds me of my favorite QA joke:

• New builds are up! All reported save/load lock bugs and preset deletion bugs should be fixed now.

• edited October 2022

@trickyflemming said:
    New builds are up! All reported save/load lock bugs and preset deletion bugs should be fixed now.

Thank you so much. I have actually checked what Bass-Mint's latest version 1.1.3(4) and 1.1.3(3) says in the description. (Except for "-Hopefully fixed iPhone AUM resizing.")
    I think all the issues have been fixed as described in the TestFlight. Sorry if I missed something in the checking process I should have done.
    I think you did an excellent job quickly. Unfiltered Audio members please take care of yourselves. (And of course the members and readers of this forum take care of your health.)

Regarding Bass-Mint UI within DAW
    When Bass-Mint screen is not maximized within GarageBand and Cubasis2, a part of the Bass-Mint screen is hidden.
    But I’m not sure if all of that AUv3 app's screen should or should not be visible when the AUv3 app is not maximized within the DAW screen.

In the case of GarageBand
    -If Bass-Mint has a small (or half?) screen, the bottom part of the VISUALIZER is hidden.
    -If Bass-Mint has a large number of Factory Presets, a part of them will not be visible.
    Example 1.
    When Factory Presets is tapped, 6 and 7 are hidden.
    Example 2.
    When Factory Presets 1, 4, and 5 are tapped, Kick Your Game Up and the respective D1sharp are hidden.
    -If there are many User Presets in Bass-Mint, a part of them will be hidden.

Caution
    My ipadOS is not up to date, so I don't think I’ve downloaded the latest version of GarageBand. In my case, the version of GarageBand in the app list is v2.3.11 (5154).

In the case of Cubasis2
    -When Bass-Mint is on a small screen, the bottom part of the VISUALIZER is hidden.
    -If there are many Factory Presets in Bass-Mint, some of them are not displayed.
    For example, D1, D1sharp, and G2sharp of Factory Presets 4 and 5 respectively are hidden.
    -If there are many User Presets in Bass-Mint, a part of them will be hidden.

Caution
    I do not own Cubasis3, and the demo version of Cubasis3 does not allow loading external FX, so I cannot check Bass-Mint's behavior in my environment.

Additional Explanation
    -My above report assumes that the DAW's virtual keyboard and external FX AUv3 apps are all displayed at the same time. I have found no issues with that behavior with BeatMaker3 and Zenbeats.
    -In the case of NanoStudio2, no part of the Bass-Mint screen is hidden. However, it may be more correct to say that this is because NanoStudio2 does not have the feature to display the virtual keyboard and FX AUv3 app at the same time, so the issue cannot occur.
    I would appreciate it if anyone could point out if I am wrong about this understanding.
    -I don't use DAWs at all and am not at all familiar with them, so I could be missing something about the DAW-specific AUv3 app layout change functionality. (For example, this check was the first time I learned the FX screen of Cubasis LE 3 can be expanded with a sliding control.)
    -I have reported this time about the layout of Bass-Mint within GarageBand and Cubasis2. But I am merely reporting it and not asking for improvements. Because as it stands now, I don't use DAWs.
    And I do not know what the layout is like on other devices. So whoever is planning to purchase Bass-Mint and uses the DAW's virtual keyboard often might want to check out the TestFlight version in their (your) DAW app and post their (your) feedback here.

My environment
    iPadOS 14.8.1
    iPadPro 10.5
    GarageBand v2.3.11 (5154)
    Other DAWs are the latest versions.

Suggestion
    The text displayed when trying to delete a Factory Preset may be unnatural because it looks like an error message in a PC environment and not like an app. (But maybe because it is still in beta. In that case, I’m sorry.)

• Thanks! We will see if there's a workaround for the overly-long preset list in the DAWs.

We've just posted a new build that adjusts the tooltip positions to be more readable. Additionally, the link to the manual should be fixed.

Now that this build is pretty stable, I just submitted lo-fi-af to Testflight for public link approval. I'll create a new topic for that once I get the approval notification. We are hoping to release Bass Mint next week and the other four before Black Friday.

• @trickyflemming said:
    Thanks! We will see if there's a workaround for the overly-long preset list in the DAWs.

We've just posted a new build that adjusts the tooltip positions to be more readable. Additionally, the link to the manual should be fixed.

Now that this build is pretty stable, I just submitted lo-fi-af to Testflight for public link approval. I'll create a new topic for that once I get the approval notification. We are hoping to release Bass Mint next week and the other four before Black Friday.

YES!! Great news 👏🏾👏🏾 Day one instabuys all around!!

• Woo at lofi-af incoming.

• edited October 2022

Wow, this thing really does do what it says. Great at tightening up that bass drum. Makes me wanna quit slacking off and get to the point of finishing songs again so I can use it in earnest.

I don’t quite see a useful application of the synthesis section, but I’m sure some experimenting could produce results.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Wow, this thing really does do what it says. Great at tightening up that bass drum. Makes me wanna quit slacking off and get to the point of finishing songs again so I can use it in earnest.

I don’t quite see a useful application of the synthesis section, but I’m sure some experimenting could produce results.

It depends on the genre, really! However, one example is that you could use something like a basic trigger or a short noise burst as a "guide" drum. You can then tune the Synthesis mode to the key of your track to get a tuned drum. What I mainly use it for, though, is to tune in something low for adding in a sub frequency to an already solid drum. In general, you're not going to apply Synthesis mode to the entire mix. Instead, just add it to a single drum or transient sound.

• Unfiltered Audio on IOS hell yeahhhhhh! Luv me some Silo :) 🙌🏻

• A simple new build is up. This has been renamed to "UA Bass Mint" on the homescreen and on plugin lists.

• New build is up with new resizing logic. Color changing is broken somehow >_<. I'll upload a fix tomorrow.

• Color theming works again! Without jinxing it, I think this build might be release ready.

• Yeah! Submitting everything now. Gotta wait for approval. If all goes well, I expect a release next week.

We were originally going to release one a week so that we could promote each one, but we're releasing all of them on the same day (TBD, but I'll let y'all know). That way, we can offer everyone a great bundle price from the start instead of making everyone wait.

• @trickyflemming said:
    Yeah! Submitting everything now. Gotta wait for approval. If all goes well, I expect a release next week.

We were originally going to release one a week so that we could promote each one, but we're releasing all of them on the same day (TBD, but I'll let y'all know). That way, we can offer everyone a great bundle price from the start instead of making everyone wait.

Outstanding!! Can't wait

• @trickyflemming said:
    Yeah! Submitting everything now. Gotta wait for approval. If all goes well, I expect a release next week.

Can't wait!

• Congratulations!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    (Sorry, posting in 5 threads was a bit tedious so I combined them into one.
    But seriously, congratulations.)

• @cramdog said:
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    (Sorry, posting in 5 threads was a bit tedious so I combined them into one.
    But seriously, congratulations.)

Cramdog..you are the MVP 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• @ninobeatz
    Thank you so much.
    But the MVP for me is @xhum's feedback on page 2 of this thread.
    It corrected my wrong assumption that "In a basic host app like Garage Band, AUv3 apps should normally start."
    As a result, I reinstalled Garage Band and other DAW apps that had been uninstalled.

• @trickyflemming said:

Great! Just a heads-up, many devs have previously experienced that bundle approvals get delayed by days or weeks on launch, making the aware buyer sit and wait before jumping on board. Not sure if you can do anything to prevent that from happening?

• @cramdog said:
    @ninobeatz
    Thank you so much.
    But the MVP for me is @xhum's feedback on page 2 of this thread.
    It corrected my wrong assumption that "In a basic host app like Garage Band, AUv3 apps should normally start."
    As a result, I reinstalled Garage Band and other DAW apps that had been uninstalled.

Also..huge thanks to @xhum and all the testers that got this over the finish line 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• @trickyflemming said:

Awesome!!!