Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scaler 2 iOS Export MIDI?

I can't seem to get MIDI to export from Scaler 2. The MIDI capture feature allows me to export a file to my iPad, but it ends up with a .dat file extension. Am I missing something obvious about exporting a MIDI sequence straight from Scaler 2? Desired location is LK within the iPad.

Comments

• If the extension is the only problem, you can change it by renaming the file in the FE File Explorer or GoodReader apps.

• @uncledave said:
    If the extension is the only problem, you can change it by renaming the file in the FE File Explorer or GoodReader apps.

Or in Audioshare!

• wimwim
    edited October 2022

@skdeish said:
    I can't seem to get MIDI to export from Scaler 2. The MIDI capture feature allows me to export a file to my iPad, but it ends up with a .dat file extension. Am I missing something obvious about exporting a MIDI sequence straight from Scaler 2? Desired location is LK within the iPad.

That doesn't happen to me. I get a .mid file and it opens fine in LK and Xequence.

After the capture, from the list of captured sessions, I tap the share icon next to the file I want. Then I choose Save to Files and place it where I can find it. The resulting file has a .mid extension.

• Scaler is Au too, so you can send the midi out inside a host to be directly recorded in LK.

Or even connect the core/virtual midi via a host/daw while in standalone.

I know it’s different then what your asking but I like to record the midi right into another app like atom 2, LK, helium, or any daw that has midi.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Scaler is Au too, so you can send the midi out inside a host to be directly recorded in LK.

Or even connect the core/virtual midi via a host/daw while in standalone.

I know it’s different then what your asking but I like to record the midi right into another app like atom 2, LK, helium, or any daw that has midi.

LK can record MIDI? 😳

I thought it to be only an MIDI instrument...

• edited June 2023

Yup LK can if you unlock the matrix it’s basically a midi daw, timeline and clip launcher. Some IAPs are midi controllers like the pads, and chorder, but the matrix is the midi timeline and clip launcher.

Scaler 2 also has built in sounds but I mostly send the midi out to other apps as an Au.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Yup LK can if you unlock the matrix it’s basically a midi daw, timeline and clip launcher. Some IAPs are midi controllers like the pads, and chorder, but the matrix is the midi timeline and clip launcher.

Great, many thanks!