Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vampyr: Back from the dead - and in a hurry!

edited October 2022 in Other

Hi folks,

As requested initially, the Vampyr movie scoring project went on hiatus for a while, but now we are back and with a real deadline looming.

Our sound editor maestro, @Synthi, who is pulling all the contributions together will not be available from the 15th of Oct on, so if we are to do this in time for the Halloween premiere/livestream/breaking of the internet, we need to get weaving.

Since @Synthi needs time to work the magic, that realistically means the ultimate final, really-serious-this-time-deadline is:

Midnight Sunday 9th October, GMT.

As of today, we are still missing the following promised time slots from contributors who committed to the project:

-20.00.00 to 25.00.00
-35.00.00 to 40.00.00
-40.00.00 to 45.00.00
-50.00.00 to 55.00.00
-55.00.00 to 1.00.00.00
-1.00.00.00 to 1.05.00.00

No names, no pack drill, you know who you are.

And, like, no pressure or anything, but if we don’t get these, the project will likely fall over, crash and burn.

Or you might have to listen to loads of my B roll as padding.

Trust me: you don’t want that.

Just a quick reminder on formats:

Make sure your 5 minute track (with extra fade in/fade out of up to a minute either side to permit it to slide into place) is recorded as a wav file at -12 dB to allow sufficient headroom for mixing, and named as per this format, using @Krupa’s time coded version of the movie as your reference.

trackname_timecode(Hours-Minutes-Seconds-Frames)_audiobus username (?):

Example:

"Theshadows_00-11-07-15_synthi.wav"

using "-" instead of ":" in the timecode due to some windows incompatibilities.

and following the tech standards set out by @Synthi as before - check here for full details:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/51388/the-audiobus-horrowshow-final-submission-details/p1

Check your package (oo-er!)

This should include -

your main track, correctly titled as above, which optionally may incorporate any borrowings/mangling of the material in the ‘Assets’ folder;

any additional ‘B roll’ audio files;

and a .txt file itemising what you have provided, the full track title of your piece, your artist name and any social media links to SoundCloud, BandCamp, YouTube and whatnot you like, for inclusion on a credits crawl/YouTube links for the movie.

DM me, @Svetlovska , on the forum to ask for folder access, including a valid email for you for me to send it to. I will add your email to the edit list on the folder, and post the link to you.
You are then free to add your material into your folder.

So: get moving, troopers!

In the immortal words of Rasczak:

Comments

• I know who I am :lol:
    Thanks for the call. Work has been crazy, but I can manage to get back to this :wink:

• Thanks @Svetlovska !

I just want to encourage all people involved in the project, I just finished to mix and master all the submited cues ..And it's going very well.

• Hey @Svetlovska - you have my time slot (1:00:00 to 1:05:00) listed as missing but mine's been in the Dropbox folder you sent me since mid August

• (if it's missing because you hated it, you're very much allowed to say)

• Hang on, I’m 20-25 and submitted my stuff yonks ago…

• @FastGhost @bygjohn : @Synthi supplied me this list, so:

@Synthi ?

• @bygjohn said:
    Hang on, I’m 20-25 and submitted my stuff yonks ago…

yes! sorry my mistake! I have yours! ;)

• edited October 2022

@FastGhost said:
    Hey @Svetlovska - you have my time slot (1:00:00 to 1:05:00) listed as missing but mine's been in the Dropbox folder you sent me since mid August

Nop..., I don´t have it @FastGhost , Checked in the dropbox but your name folder is empty...

• @Synthi said:

@bygjohn said:
    Hang on, I’m 20-25 and submitted my stuff yonks ago…

yes! sorry my mistake! I have yours! ;)

Phew!

• Hot damn. Hang on, I'll DM you.

• edited October 2022

@Synthi i think one of those is my time slot, but I gave @krupa my clip at the very beginning. Could you check, pls? Thx! (If it’s missing tell me who to send a Dropbox file to.)

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Synthi i think one of those is my time slot, but I gave @krupa my clip at the very beginning. Could you check, pls? Thx! (If it’s missing tell me who to send a Dropbox file to.)

Yeah I’m pretty sure I had it, and very likely still do - I thought I’d transferred everything over to the new Dropbox when it was created but I may have messed up 😁

• @FastGhost said:
    Hot damn. Hang on, I'll DM you.

ok!

@LinearLineman said:

Is your clip without timecode ? maybe is called jekyll&hide ?

• @synthi yes, Jekyll and Hyde

• @LinearLineman said:
    @synthi yes, Jekyll and Hyde

Thanks! Checking you have a "slot" from 00.55.00.00 to 01.00.00.00, I have your file but there is no notes for the start timecode, and also its 10 minutes long so it goes over @FastGhost slot

• Still missing some takes, here is the updated list:

@senhorlampada : 35.00.00 - 40.00.00

@iOSTRAKON : 40.00.00 - 45.00.00

@Gavinski : 1.05.00.00 - 01.10.00.00

Please let me know the status, Its ok If you can´t do it or didnt get the time/energy/focus/whatever, but please let us know so somebody could take the slot.
    Mix/master is going great, I`m almost finished for what I have and all musics fits nice!

• @synthi, just chop it as you see fit. No problem. 😎🙏

• @LinearLineman said:
    @synthi, just chop it as you see fit. No problem. 😎🙏

Ok!! Thanks for your confidence! :) B)

• @Synthi said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @synthi, just chop it as you see fit. No problem. 😎🙏

Ok!! Thanks for your confidence! :) B)

I trust you!

• edited October 2022

Ok folks, moving right along:

If you haven’t already done it, can you also supply via DM to me the info you are prepared to have publically available on a credits crawl and YouTube links for the movie, in the following format, using myself as an example:, (and with just One link for your doubtless plentiful social media), e.g.:

ABforum: Cthonicist, Irena Svetlovska, https://cthonicist1.bandcamp.com/

• edited October 2022

Just a quick reminder, and a sign off.

Deadline for outstanding contributions is Midnight Sunday, GMT.

And I will personally be incommunicado (holiday in a remote place) from tomorrow evening till Monday week, so can I ask that if anyone has any issues/wishes to make submissions/ has their details for the credits crawl from tomorrow eve on that you PM either/both @Synthi & @Krupa.

See you all in 10 days time, the Old Ones willing… :)

• Have fun, Irena!

• Yeah, have a splendid time out there @Svetlovska !

• I had my stuff ready to roll weeks ago but then my main ipad died. Shouldn't be a problem to get it in before the deadline, finally got the ipad fixed a few days ago 👍

• Enjoy Irene! I am pretty sure you have everything from me for my bit.

• edited October 2022

@Gavinski said:
    I had my stuff ready to roll weeks ago but then my main ipad died. Shouldn't be a problem to get it in before the deadline, finally got the ipad fixed a few days ago 👍

Great!

@Svetlovska said:

See you all in 10 days time, the Old Ones willing… :)

Take a good holiday!

• @Synthi I had a bit of trouble with Dropbox so I ended up sending a wetransfer file with my doc and wav file to my main man @Krupa who will stick the files into my Dropbox folder.

Thnx again @Krupa, excited now to see how this all turns out!

• Great!!!! so now all must be ready to final mix and master!

• @Synthi said:
    Great!!!! so now all must be ready to final mix and master!

Yeah thanks again for doing this very crucial part Synthi, which would probably be a challenge for many of us. Really looking forward to seeing / hearing the finished product. As I say, I'd be happy to host it on my YouTube channel and we could do it as a premiere so ppl can chat about their process etc, would be a lot of fun.

• Or if another contributor has a bigger reach on YouTube (7.1k+) we can use that - main priority is to reach as many people as possible. We could also maybe ask a big horror / silent movie channel to post for us