Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

At last, my time may have come… :)

edited October 2022 in Other

Interesting article in The Guardian noting that at least one ‘producer’ is estimated to have made $2.5 million by streaming literal white noise on Spotify. Low- key ambient similarly successful:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/oct/02/no-tune-no-words-no-dancing-why-white-noise-is-the-music-industrys-newest-hit?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Who needs choons anyway? That’s so 20th Century, darling :)

Just didn’t think I’d have to cope with the fact that my stuff is too complicated…

Comments

• What a great and interesting article! Yeah, I think this thing has been steadily brewing for a while with all the (I believe it's called asmr) uploads on YT etc. And with so much negativity and doom and gloom being presented to us on a daily basis about the state of the world over the past few years, more people are looking for alternative ways to escape and relax.

This is definitely your chance to strike and make the most of your talents! I bet our friend @jwmmakerofmusic would also be very interested to read this article.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your work!

😉👍

• Interesting article...$2.5 million, here I come... :)

• Oh boy, this is insane. Isn't this also a proof that nowadays's capitalism is kind of derailed? That the mantra "competition and striving for success is a superior reward system that promotes high quality" is not working any more.

• edited October 2022

Ah… but what if it is high quality white noise? … ;)

“This isn’t just white noise. This is Moog One white noise… “

We could get the woman from the M&S ads to do the trail. Then some ASMR whispering.

• Oh dear, I can see it...we're going to have discussions about if analog noise is better than digital noise...

• The Pink noise in Model 15 is lovely

• I fell asleep at least twice whilst recording my album. I put it on Spotify 2 years ago and have made $1.67 to date.

• @krassmann said:
    Oh boy, this is insane. Isn't this also a proof that nowadays's capitalism is kind of derailed? That the mantra "competition and striving for success is a superior reward system that promotes high quality" is not working any more.

This. "We deserve what's coming to us." 😀

• The advantage of M&S noise is that you can take it back if you don’t like the colour.

• edited October 2022

@Svetlovska said:
    Ah… but what if it is high quality white noise? … ;)

“This isn’t just white noise. This is Moog One white noise… “

We could get the woman from the M&S ads to do the trail. Then some ASMR whispering.

This is not just white noise, it’s every noise in between pink and white and beyond Brownian motion, this is noise that Stockhausen and Hainbach can only dream of…

Algorithmic noise generation, here I come… 🤣😉

• @ervin said:

@krassmann said:
    Oh boy, this is insane. Isn't this also a proof that nowadays's capitalism is kind of derailed? That the mantra "competition and striving for success is a superior reward system that promotes high quality" is not working any more.

This. "We deserve what's coming to us." 😀

Lol. When opportunity knocks....

Well the internet sure does provide a massive enough market for anyone to reach everyone and to have a go at capitalising on anything. You don't need to charge much at all. It works by sheer numbers, by reaching millions of potential consumers so easily, which the internet now facilitates.

I must be in the wrong business. I did some calculations and if I charged just 50p to £1 for my preset banks, I'd make more money from each one in a week than I currently make in a week being a bloody overworked understaffed quality manager of a UKAS accredited microbiology laboratory! 😲🤷‍♂️ (assuming the same number of people downloading them for free would pay for them). But I don't charge for them because I'm not a qualified professional sound designer, so it wouldn't feel right, and it's more rewarding to provide something FOC. Perhaps if my income needed a supplement, or if I didn't have my day job, I would be forced to turn to the internet and produce/release my presets at a much higher frequency and charge for them!

• @GeoTony said:
    The advantage of M&S noise is that you can take it back if you don’t like the colour.

:)

• @Svetlovska said:
    Interesting article in The Guardian noting that at least one ‘producer’ is estimated to have made $2.5 million by streaming literal white noise on Spotify. Low- key ambient similarly successful:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/oct/02/no-tune-no-words-no-dancing-why-white-noise-is-the-music-industrys-newest-hit?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Who needs choons anyway? That’s so 20th Century, darling :)

Just didn’t think I’d have to cope with the fact that my stuff is too complicated…

If someone doesn't immediately start a "drone channel" they just don't like making money.

• The article manages to be both interesting and seriously annoying, as it muddles up ambient noise/sounds with ambient music, which may well incorporate noise, field recordings etc, but which involves doing more than just recording the rain and uploading it.

It’s thereby adds to the long-term narrative by some people that electronic music isn’t “real”, particularly if it doesn’t involve someone playing every note deliberately with their hands. Ironic that it therefore excludes huge swathes of other genres these days, but those people probably don’t even recognise the fact.

sigh

But then many would bypass the opportunity to be enveloped in a beautifully crafted sonic environment, in favour of some out of tune singer doing cover versions with an acoustic guitar because that’s supposed to be “real” and involves “skill” as if making the aforementioned sonic environment doesn’t. Grrrr…

Apologies to any out of tune singers doing cover versions with acoustic guitars (the more people making music, the merrier in my book, whatever the type or skill level). It’s an example - but now you know how it feels to have your entire genre written off through ignorance…

• edited October 2022
  • It’s not for me, but I guess that’s in the right ballpark.