Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Acoustic Drum Sounds on iOS | MMP

Comments

• I keep hoping IK Multimedia will come to their senses and bring both Modo Drum and Modo Bass to iOS... eventually. After all, despite some past problems with MixBox CS, it's still one of the best things going as far as effects 'toolboxes' go on iOS.

• Korg gadget has great acoustic drums to me

• For me the best drums on iOS isGarageband drum kit, Beathawk has also a great acoustic drumkit.
    Audiolayer can also import some good drums libraries like DrumDrops.
    Unfortunately one of the three has multi out.

• edited October 2022

@Jeezs said:
    For me the best drums on iOS isGarageband drum kit, Beathawk has also a great acoustic drumkit.

@VirSyn do you hear us? πŸ™πŸ˜‰

• I won't get all bitchy about it like I am prone to but the best acoustic drums, by a huge margin (IMO) is Audiolayer combined with a third party library such as Drum Drops. Nothing else is even close. Were the other apps shine is in the other features they bring to the process of creating drum tracks/patterns/loops etc. Again, just my opinion after 30+ years of searching (and still searching) for the best computer based drum solution. At present on a PC it is Superior Drummer but there are a few others that do the job very well. BFD, Addictive Drums, Perfect Drums, Galaxy Drums, EZDrummer are all close second tier options that get a run when I can't get what I want I want from SD. But on iOS the solution for me is crystal clear.

• For iPad, Drum Perfect Pro is a beast in my opinion, though the interface is a bit confusing. I think you would be hard pressed to find something on the platform that has more sophisticated sequencing options.

Personally, I like to make my own drum samples for DPP, as I don’t care to much for the stock sounds for the kinds of music I like creating.

I also have purchased from Drum Drops. If you are into jazz drums, checkout Versilian Studios Virtuosity Drums samples (free). They need to be converted to wav files for DPP to load them (I used Audacity and batch converted). There are tons of different articulations and different mic positions to choose from.

I think the key with DPP is you have to put a good amount of time and effort into it to get good results, both in terms of learning how the sequencer works and the sounds you put into it.

That work may be worth it to some, and others it may not.

• @NeuM said:
    I keep hoping IK Multimedia will come to their senses and bring both Modo Drum and Modo Bass to iOS... eventually. After all, despite some past problems with MixBox CS, it's still one of the best things going as far as effects 'toolboxes' go on iOS.

I hope so too!

• @stormywaterz said:
    Korg gadget has great acoustic drums to me

Totally agree! Need to do a part 2 :)

• @Jeezs said:
    For me the best drums on iOS isGarageband drum kit, Beathawk has also a great acoustic drumkit.

This is awesome, a few people have mentioned drum drops now and I never heard of them before. Just looked into it and this looks amazing! Especially when being able to use these samples via audiolayer!

• When we talk about acoustic drums are we talking about the sequencing features, etc etc, or the sound. Just because, for me, without the sound nothing else matters. Which is why Audiolayer is the only choice for me. I'd rather find a way to deal with all the other stuff myself and have a killer drum sound than an app with amazing features to manipulate samples that sound like crap to me.

• @Ailerom said:
    I won't get all bitchy about it like I am prone to but the best acoustic drums, by a huge margin (IMO) is Audiolayer combined with a third party library such as Drum Drops. Nothing else is even close.

+1
    The only pain is that you have to set them up yourself - but then it becomes more of a personalised kit that you know more intimately

• The Allen Morgan kits that ship with Cubasis are not too shabby with some processing applied.
    Pitch-bend can be used to tune the sounds when using one sound per track, same goes for the Classic Machines.

I'm quite happy with the acoustic stuff that ships with Logic Pro and the same kits can be found in GarageBand but there's no detailed control over the sounds (ie. per sound tuning, mic-placement etc. etc.).

• @Ailerom said:
    When we talk about acoustic drums are we talking about the sequencing features, etc etc, or the sound. Just because, for me, without the sound nothing else matters. Which is why Audiolayer is the only choice for me. I'd rather find a way to deal with all the other stuff myself and have a killer drum sound than an app with amazing features to manipulate samples that sound like crap to me.

I tried to be as specific as possible in the title but yah we're focused on the actual sounds, specifically one-shots being able to be triggered from a DAW like cubasis.