Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gifting app when there's no tip jar

A while ago, when asked about adding a tip jar to their app, a developer said that the app store already had what he considered a good enough tip jar: just purchasing any app for someone else.

What do you think about this? In general, I like the idea as it's always available (as long as dev has a paid app) and makes their apps accessible to others. I can't really think of any downsides but maybe I'm missing something.

Comments

• I like that idea too. In fact, I've already given Jim Pavlov as much as I can by buying his things, but would love to support him more. Same with NS2. So, I'll gift one of each to the first two people to DM me their email to gift it to. Specify NS2 or Pure Acid, first request for each wins.

• Actually, don't DM me your email address until I've told you you're the winner. Don't want to harvest people's emails!

• The person you gift to has to be in the same App Store region or country or that doesn't work. In that instance, sending them the money via PayPal can work if the person really does purchase the app with the money you send.

• Oh damn, really?

• Man, the rules of this game are getting tight enough that there'll be no winners. First person in the UK for each app.