Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Hope that includes iPad mini 6. It’s not even a year old yet

• Good to see. Looks like only Pro models @stormywaterz

• I hope ElasticDrums run together with Drambo or LoopyPro at once on screen (no more app switching would be nice)…

• A12X is required, that rules out my iPad Air 3
    😢😢😢

• Curious to see if my iPad Air 4 will be included now, but I’m definitely not holding my breath.

• I put the beta on my 2018 12.9-inch Pro. It’s really glitchy. It’s also confusing. When you tap the Safari icon, for example, you don’t know if it will open in an existing group, or as a new full-screen instance. Or a windowed instance.

Also, the text is slightly blurry when using apps in windowed mode.

• @Chandyland said:
    Curious to see if my iPad Air 4 will be included now, but I’m definitely not holding my breath.

There were rumors about the Air 5 at least

• @krassmann said:

@Chandyland said:
    Curious to see if my iPad Air 4 will be included now, but I’m definitely not holding my breath.

There were rumors about the Air 5 at least

I thought the Air 5 was confirmed, being an M1 device. The Air 4 runs the A14 Bionic, so I would not be surprised if it was excluded. Though I would be annoyed as it is faster than previous Pros in some ways.

• to do this they temporarily removed external display support for M1 iPads…which was the only reason I was beta testing…so party’s over.

• edited November 2022

How does Stage Manager works with our beloved music making apps?
    I guess most of the synths have more or less fixed UI. Can you guys share a few screenshots please?

• Played around with Stage Manager on a newer iPad Pro (not mine) and did not like it.

• WHAT IS IT AND WHY DO WE NEANDERTHALS CARE?

• @israelite said:
    I guess most of the synths have more or less fixed UI. Can you guys share a few screenshots please?

Not much use for music apps yet. Though fabfilter windows scale pretty nicely on an external display Which could doom further development of them because it feels like working on a desktop at a fraction of the cost.

For mixed use beyond music apps I’m greatly preferring Stage Manager on iPadOS.

• @realdavidai can all apps be used in stage manager or only certain ones?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    WHAT IS IT AND WHY DO WE NEANDERTHALS CARE?

https://youtu.be/DFgYGBtJLnI

• @israelite said:

I had some small problems when opening for example AUM. After a new installation, it works fine. But not all applications in general work stably.

• @israelite said:
    @realdawei can all apps be used in stage manager or only certain ones?

All can be hosted in Stage Manager, many with limited screen sizes on external display, but a few apps (mostly non-music) take full advantage of external display

• @realdawei said:

@israelite said:
    @realdawei can all apps be used in stage manager or only certain ones?

All can be hosted in Stage Manager, many with limited screen sizes on external display, but a few apps (mostly non-music) take full advantage of external display

Sounds cool, especially when recording input from non AUv3 apps.