Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aphex Twin Sample Mashing App (Open Source)

This definitely looks worth a try!

"In a post on his blog, Aphex – aka Richard James – revealed that the software, created by himself and Dave Griffiths, had been in development for two decades, and originally inspired by the emergence of Shazam.

Samplebrain is described as “a custom sample mashing app” that “chops samples up into a ‘brain’ of interconnected small sections called blocks, which are connected into a network by similarity"

https://www.nme.com/news/music/aphex-twin-shares-new-sample-matching-app-samplebrain-3316684

Comments

• Pretty awesome

• Sounds vaguely similar to BeatCutter without the neural network part

• @craftycurate said:
    This definitely looks worth a try!

"In a post on his blog, Aphex – aka Richard James – revealed that the software, created by himself and Dave Griffiths, had been in development for two decades, and originally inspired by the emergence of Shazam.

Samplebrain is described as “a custom sample mashing app” that “chops samples up into a ‘brain’ of interconnected small sections called blocks, which are connected into a network by similarity"

https://www.nme.com/news/music/aphex-twin-shares-new-sample-matching-app-samplebrain-3316684

I just shared something about that in the 2022 plug-ins Samples deals list. Looks pretty interesting.

• Two decades and they couldn’t spend ten minutes on improving the appearance of that UI?

• @NeuM said:
    Two decades and they couldn’t spend ten minutes on improving the appearance of that UI?

It's their Comic Sans of Humor.

• Or it being open source, you’re free to make your own..

• @Identor said:

@NeuM said:
    Two decades and they couldn’t spend ten minutes on improving the appearance of that UI?

It's their Comic Sans of Humor.

Yeah I kind of feel they're taking the mickey :D

• @NeuM said:

This isn’t commercial software or intended to be. It is pretty cool that they decided to share their work … shows some generosity of spirit that they shared it at all.

Barebones functional ui’s allow someone developing for their own use to spend their time using f their creation.

I imagine it also keeps away whiny hobbyists more interested in looking at music software than experimenting with it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

This isn’t commercial software or intended to be. It is pretty cool that they decided to share their work … shows some generosity of spirit that they shared it at all.

Barebones functional ui’s allow someone developing for their own use to spend their time using f their creation.

I imagine it also keeps away whiny hobbyists more interested in looking at music software than experimenting with it.

+1 ... if Aphex Twin, one of the ambient pioneers, decides to open source 20 years of research, I guess I'll stomach any GUI shortcomings, even as a graphic designer who usually feels ill every time I see Comic Sans!!

• Yeah, I was like wtf Comic Sans at first, but it's Aphex Twin so it's intentional lol.

• ive been trying to get it to work on M1 Mac for a couple days now... no luck, even with the various updated builds. If anyone has any luck, please let me know!

• @shinyisshiny said:
    ive been trying to get it to work on M1 Mac for a couple days now... no luck, even with the various updated builds. If anyone has any luck, please let me know!

If I recall, I saw people recommending using the intel build. Are you doing that?

• @espiegel123 said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    ive been trying to get it to work on M1 Mac for a couple days now... no luck, even with the various updated builds. If anyone has any luck, please let me know!

If I recall, I saw people recommending using the intel build. Are you doing that?

ive tried both builds. it opens and runs, but when you press play, nothing happens.

• @shinyisshiny said:

@espiegel123 said:

@shinyisshiny said:

ive tried both builds. it opens and runs, but when you press play, nothing happens.

Bummer. I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

• I don’t think anyone should be surprised that Sir Richard used comic sans. I fucking love him lmao

• edited September 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

** I imagine it also keeps away whiny hobbyists more interested in looking at music software than experimenting with it.**

There you go again. You just can't help it, can you?

Please never respond to any of my posts again. Thanks. The constant negativity is like poison.

• @NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

** I imagine it also keeps away whiny hobbyists more interested in looking at music software than experimenting with it.**

You shared your opinion, and I shared mine. I thought your comment was snarky and dismissive about something of which I personally believe we should be appreciative.

Is it forbidden to express disagreement?

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

You shared your opinion, and I shared mine. I thought your comment was snarky and dismissive about something of which I personally believe we should be appreciative.

If you're going to comment, do it to someone else and leave me out of it.

• @NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

I believe that my response was relevant and on topic and not out of line.

Being frank: I don't think it is reasonable for someone to post on a public forum and then tell people that they can't respond -- even when it is on topic.

• Even on the GitHub page they say this might not work. And they were right. Windows 10 and 11 both are unresponsive.

Press play Once you've loaded all your samples and it starts saying 'processing sample, 1, 2.... Then repeatedly loops that message.

• @espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

I believe that my response was relevant and on topic and not out of line.

Being frank: I don't think it is reasonable for someone to post on a public forum and then tell people that they can't respond -- even when it is on topic.

Do not not further engage here. Do not quote me, do not comment at or about me. Enough with this passive-aggressive act.

• Some people…

The software is free and yet certain sections of the internet whine about how it’s not pretty enough for them…

Entitled much ???

• Let's get back on topic, shall we?

I downloaded the latest version on my iMac and Macbook Pro (2013 - 2014). They are Intel based, and it works. It could also be that you have to set some sliders to work. Sometimes the audio is silent in some cases.
    I have dark mode on, and the numbers don't show up (white numbers on white background), so its a bit guessing game for me.
    This app is good for drone sound and rhythmic noise.