Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

id700 v1.18

Comments

• I've been getting into this synth and it sounds amazing. Nothing quite like it on iOS.

• I’ve never played on any Buchla instruments but the way the mpe works with it seems to help bring out the joy of playing on one cos I’m having so much fun with it. I really like how you can modulate the various points of an envelope and then use mpe as the modulator. I can get some very expressive fm growls like a synth sax or something, it’s awesome

• I legit could do an entire live set with just this app, some effects and my Launch Control XL

• I agree - there's nothing like it:)
    big thanks and looking for its future
    and its family - when they come ...:)

• thanks for the love everyone.

• Hi @modosc … one small request I hope would be fairly quick to add to ID700 … a “reset envelope” button? We can copy, paste and randomise envelopes, but often I want to reset an envelop quickly when editing patches. No worries if not, but thought I’d ask :)

• Yes this is incredible.
    I hope that one day the Macos version will go on sale :-)

• Just noticed the recent update says it allows for “ preset import” …does this mean there are already more presets out there? Or some new ones on the way? Exciting either way, cos this synth fucking rules!

• @Kashi said:
    Just noticed the recent update says it allows for “ preset import” …does this mean there are already more presets out there? Or some new ones on the way? Exciting either way, cos this synth fucking rules!

These ones showed up a couple of days ago, and it seems to be the reason the developer added the new feature: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/53968/new-id700-presets

• Yep, I asked Jon from Modosc to please update the app to allow batch import and export when I realised they had to be done 1 by 1, and - like a boss - he got on it quickly! The DMT Cymatics preset pack is EXCELLENT btw!

@Grandbear said:

@Kashi said:
    Just noticed the recent update says it allows for “ preset import” …does this mean there are already more presets out there? Or some new ones on the way? Exciting either way, cos this synth fucking rules!

These ones showed up a couple of days ago, and it seems to be the reason the developer added the new feature: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/53968/new-id700-presets

• Have just bought that pack @Gavinski . Unzipped, then opened ID700 and pressed "import" - all presets are greyed out. Can you help?

Thanks @Grandbear !

• Have figured out I can "share" the files one at a time and sure enough, they appear in ID700, but can't batch import (?)

• @Kashi said:
    Have figured out I can "share" the files one at a time and sure enough, they appear in ID700, but can't batch import (?)

According to the manual the zip pack file should have the extension .idpresetpack. Maybe try changing it? I haven't bought this pack so I can't say for sure.

• @Grandbear said:

@Kashi said:
    Have figured out I can "share" the files one at a time and sure enough, they appear in ID700, but can't batch import (?)

According to the manual the zip pack file should have the extension .idpresetpack. Maybe try changing it? I haven't bought this pack so I can't say for sure.

Ok thanks. Change it to what?

• @Kashi said:

@Grandbear said:

@Kashi said:

Ok thanks. Change it to what?

From .zip to .idpresetpack. Or is the pack in some other format?

• @Kashi said:
    Have just bought that pack @Gavinski . Unzipped, then opened ID700 and pressed "import" - all presets are greyed out. Can you help?

Thanks @Grandbear !

This preset pack maker will need to change the extension - or try what GrandBear said and just change the zip extension to idpresetpack

To do this, you just long press the file, choose rename and delete zip and replace those letters with idpresetpack

Let us know if it works!

@Grandbear where is the new manual? The ones on the website aren’t recent

• Oh I see what you mean.
    D'ya know what, this kinda stuff makes my brain hurt. A lot.
    I'm just gonna do each one individually.
    iOS file management is a farce.

Appreciate your help though @Grandbear :)

• @Gavinski said:

@Kashi said:
    Have just bought that pack @Gavinski . Unzipped, then opened ID700 and pressed "import" - all presets are greyed out. Can you help?

Thanks @Grandbear !

This preset pack maker will need to change the extension - or try what GrandBear said and just change the zip extension to idpresetpack

To do this, you just long press the file, choose rename and delete zip and replace those letters with idpresetpack

Let us know if it works!

@Gavinski in the app itself, you're right the website still has 1.18

@Kashi yeah one by one will work, better to avoid stress ;). I did try exporting a few of mine and reimporting and it worked though.

@modosc have you given any thought to making the sliders work in a relative way as opposed to absolute? It's tricky to make small adjustments, which is especially relevant for frequency sliders

• @Grandbear said:

@Gavinski said:

@Kashi said:

Thanks @Grandbear !

Let us know if it works!

@Gavinski in the app itself, you're right the website still has 1.18

@Kashi yeah one by one will work, better to avoid stress ;). I did try exporting a few of mine and reimporting and it worked though.

@modosc have you given any thought to making the sliders work in a relative way as opposed to absolute? It's tricky to make small adjustments, which is especially relevant for frequency sliders

Thnx, I forgot you can view the manual by tapping on the id700 letters on top left 👍👍

• Also @Grandbear, if you know, could you please remind me how to make folders for user presets?

• @Gavinski said:
    Also @Grandbear, if you know, could you please remind me how to make folders for user presets?

When saving the preset you specify the path with slashes: folder/sub folder/preset name. When testing now this I just noticed that when using subfolders the parents remain even if all presets are deleted, it looks like a bug @modosc.

• @Grandbear said:

@Gavinski said:
    Also @Grandbear, if you know, could you please remind me how to make folders for user presets?

When saving the preset you specify the path with slashes: folder/sub folder/preset name. When testing now this I just noticed that when using subfolders the parents remain even if all presets are deleted, it looks like a bug @modosc.

Ah, jeez, not an ideal system by any means. Would be nice to just have a create folder button or something. Also an easy way to multi-select presets and add them to a particular folder would be good

• file management in ios is super difficult, which is why i had to write my own system, and that has many downsides.

an .idpresetpack is just a zip file. the zip file should contain a directory (eg "Foo") , and the presets should be in that directory. then when the .idpresetpack is imported those presets will show up under User/Foo/.

i know that's not ideal - the other option i considered was to have an import pull files in to which ever folder was currently active when import was clicked. the downsides here included importing the same file multiple times to different directories and having undefined behavior when clicking on an .idpresetpack file.

there is code to handle this and it should work. it's possible the ui isn't updating when the child files are deleted, can you try navigating back and forth in the preset browser to verify?

Ah, jeez, not an ideal system by any means. Would be nice to just have a create folder button or something. Also an easy way to multi-select presets and add them to a particular folder would be good

allowing empty folders to be created conflicts with the previously mentioned "delete folders if there aren't any presets in them".

also multiselect and/or selecting folders and operating on them is incredibly hard to translate to ios (on the desktop you can use shift+click/option+click/etc). right now all of the browser code (presets/waves/tunings) only provides the bare minimum that i could make work cross-platform.

i'm thinking about possibilities now and i'm open to suggestions.

• @Gavinski in the app itself, you're right the website still has 1.18

oops, i'm updating this now.

• Hi @modosc … one small request I hope would be fairly quick to add to ID700 … a “reset envelope” button? We can copy, paste and randomise envelopes, but often I want to reset an envelop quickly when editing patches. No worries if not, but thought I’d ask :)

you could use the undo functionality for this but it's (unfortunately) not scoped to individual envelopes and i don't see a straightforward way to add it.

• @modosc said:

Hi @modosc … one small request I hope would be fairly quick to add to ID700 … a “reset envelope” button? We can copy, paste and randomise envelopes, but often I want to reset an envelop quickly when editing patches. No worries if not, but thought I’d ask :)

you could use the undo functionality for this but it's (unfortunately) not scoped to individual envelopes and i don't see a straightforward way to add it.

Thanks for getting back ...

I was thinking more of a function that would simply remove all breakpoints apart from the initial one at (0,0) i.e. return the envelope in question to its default/empty state?

Otherwise all breakpoints have to be removed one by one, or I have to find an empty envelope somehere, copy that, and paste it in.

In this mockup, a "clear" button added to return the envelope to the default state shown:

• How it’s even possible I don’t remember how I bought it and why never use it? Fantastic sounding synth with lots of tweaking. Seems like new UI helped a lot to understand it

• @modosc : is there a way to delete a folder of presets? I imported a preset pack which ended up importing copies of all the factor presets as well an additional user preset folder called User

I ended up with

Factory
    User
    EAS (the folder where I store my custom presets)
    Presets
    Factory
    User [this folder contains the custom preset pack from Cymatics]

What I'd like to do is end up with

Factory
    User
    EAS
    Cymatics

I can't figure out how to get there other than exporting my EAS folder than deleting presets one by one till user is empty.

Thoughts?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @modosc : is there a way to delete a folder of presets? I imported a preset pack which ended up importing copies of all the factor presets as well an additional user preset folder called User

i'm working on it. there's no easy way to get to these directories on ios so i'm adding a feature to move user presets/waves/tunings to icloud (since then you can manage them in the Files app).

• @modosc said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @modosc : is there a way to delete a folder of presets? I imported a preset pack which ended up importing copies of all the factor presets as well an additional user preset folder called User

i'm working on it. there's no easy way to get to these directories on ios so i'm adding a feature to move user presets/waves/tunings to icloud (since then you can manage them in the Files app).

Great! Thanks.