Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

would this be the 5th or 6th Auria thread

i actually keep Auria active on my device. Twin2 with all the presets from the desktop app, and a huge piano ive installed into Lyra are just too cool to resist. Ive found most of my midi issues, and other shit has been user error. Your results may definitely differ.

Comments

• Though I’ve not touched Auria in a long while I have it mind as a mix/master suite for my ever-amassing Stems collections.

I invested pretty heavy into the then-proprietary effects IAPs. Seems like a lifetime ago!

• @Proppa said:
    Though I’ve not touched Auria in a long while I have it mind as a mix/master suite for my ever-amassing Stems collections.

I invested pretty heavy into the then-proprietary effects IAPs. Seems like a lifetime ago!

long time indeed
    and i invested as well, a completist, me

• It is sad that the most complete early DAW implementation suffered from a lack of revenue to justify completing the journey.

But that’s the developer’s dilemma of chasing an adequate ROI (Return on Investment). Sometimes time is the developers money without users to offset the debt incurred.

It remains to be seen how @michael does with his model to generate a sustainable income using “versioning” if that’s the right description. It’s getting close to the time for an “update/version” that requires a re-purchase to access.

• Are rapidly multiplying Auria threads the new Drambo?

• edited September 2022

@McD said:
    It is sad that the most complete early DAW implementation suffered from a lack of revenue to justify completing the journey.

But that’s the developer’s dilemma of chasing an adequate ROI (Return on Investment). Sometimes time is the developers money without users to offset the debt incurred.

It remains to be seen how @michael does with his model to generate a sustainable income using “versioning” if that’s the right description. It’s getting close to the time for an “update/version” that requires a re-purchase to access.

it has been a long journey: i bought Auria when i was still running ipad #1, and kept upgrading devices in part to try to match the power needed to run the app. that continued til only recently with Auria Pro on the device pre this one, a 10.5 pro. nowadays the air4 runs it easily as i imagine all the newest devices do (tho i understand the app on current pros is ultra crashy. maybe that’s why Alves, on the other threads, seems so pissed off)

i do wish all the best for michaels model, his apps are top, needless to say really, and he is a true gentleman and scholar…

• Thank you very much!

• @McD said:
    It is sad that the most complete early DAW implementation suffered from a lack of revenue to justify completing the journey.

I hope Loopy’s/Michael’s model works out. It’s a good balance between an affordable purchase and a way to finance app development.
    Clearly an app like Auria on iOS has a limited market, it’d need a pretty high price to be viable (compare iOS prices to desktop apps). Sure, we all want great apps for 10€, but if we expect constant development and desktop-like features we’ll have to pay for it. I’m glad to pay for Loopy again if it brings significant features and I’d do the same with Auria and other daws or apps that I expect to be enhanced. iPads have the processing power to host a “proper” DAW with all the bells and whistles we find on desktop, but it’s a lot of work and needs financing.