Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One True Breeze

edited September 2022 in Creations

When I was in my early twenties (half a Benjamin ago) I used to play with a quartet on 52nd Street in NYC. I wish I could have played like this then. Maybe @CapnWillie will give this a listen. He’ll recognize the cool old dude.

Ravenscroft 275, BeatHawk Total Bass and JazzDrummer.

Comments

• This piece made me ponder the relationship between A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) and M.I.D.I. (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) Focused DAW’s.

Imagine a live trio: piano, bass, drums. The pianist improvising on a tune and the bass player plays every melodic (right hand)
    Note in perfect sync with the pianist: like a Vulcan mind meld. It would take all the joy out of jazz to pull this off by notating every note and having the bass player and piano read the notation.

But with MIDI: the @Linearlineman can use a controller split and send the upper (right hand melodic notes) to one track and
    The chord supporting left hand notes to another track if they don’t cross the split boundary. I think this technique is a staple of the LL’s catalog.

Now, in Cubasis he can copy the melodic track to a bass part (track #3) and drop the notes by an octave or 2 (crossing over the split point into left hand territory and with some note pruning produce a A.I. bass player that predicts every note with 100% accuracy.

And @LinearLineman will tell you he’s not technically savvy but the developers of MIDI, DAW’s and plugins make this magical illusion something he can construct in a few hours from note entry to a fully rendered project file including a jazz drummer who is smart enough to say out of the way.

Technology is such an enabler for artists to eliminate dependencies on others other than the requirement to purchase the needed pieces of hardware and software.

• @McD, everything you said. Usually I take the bass part from the left hand. Often I have to add a note or remove notes from a chord, but it works great.