Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VintageRack Detailed Walkthrough / Demo / Win any Igor Vasiliev App (5 total to give away)

VintageRack Detailed Walkthrough / Demo / Win any Igor Vasiliev App (5 total to give away!)

VintageRack (giveaway details below!) by Igor Vasiliev, is an easy way to build FX racks with up to 5 modules each (from a choice of 16 modules), and contains modules inspired and based on the principles of actual retro hardware from the 70s and 80s, so you can give the sound of any instrument the nostalgic and emotional mood of old recordings. The sounds are good quality, and it's easy to learn to use, yet less innovative then Igor's usual output. See the YouTube Pinned comment for giveaway details. Twitter link is up already, Insta link will be up later πŸ‘

Comments

• Will be watching later

• Yeah this time is a bit early / late for most timezones. Not the crazy Igor stuff he generally puts out, but can definitely sound good for sure.

• This one minute Insta vid shows that this can actually sound pretty heavy and experimental!

• Generic is a word I never thought I’d use for an Igor creation. The curse of multi-fx units lives on

• @oat_phipps said:
    Generic is a word I never thought I’d use for an Igor creation. The curse of multi-fx units lives on

I'd also prefer that it was more experimental. I'd love a tab or two full of lfos, any of which could be assigned to any of the parameters.

Don't worry though, in Igor's own correspondence with me, he said he wanted to make a more normal app this time, but promises that the next one will be crazy πŸ€ͺ. As the insta vid above shows, this app can go hard. But it's a big ask that any multi fx app will ever equal what a string of bonkers individual apps can achieve. Still, let's see, maybe he'll listen to user feedback and make the next update capable of more craziness. Still, feedback I'm getting from YouTube is that a lot of people dig the app as it is. I guess the right balance is hard to strike. Beatcutter was so damn out there. A man's gotta make a dime, and has the right to experiment with what style of apps sell more. Also, I think that Igor is as much a fan of authentic sounding retro gear as he is of absolutely off-the-wall stuff, so making an app like this is in no way a sign of selling out. I'm sure we all have a wide range of tastes. Let him experiment with both his conservative side and his out there side. Sales will likely have some effect on the future direction he takes.

• I wonder if this will be heavily updated, and if Igor has some secrets under the hood waiting to be unleashed

• @magnusovi said:
    I wonder if this will be heavily updated, and if Igor has some secrets under the hood waiting to be unleashed

I think it will depend on sales and user response. If he feels that people find it a bit bland compared to his other offerings he may well up the ante considerably!

• Certainly I found the mention of 'it's this price until the next major update' quite intriguing!

• This could very well be a nice 'app-replacement' for the classic Zoom 1202 :sunglasses:

• @Gavinski said:
    Certainly I found the mention of 'it's this price until the next major update' quite intriguing!

I’m feeling pretty good about this purchase and app right now lol

• @Samu said:
    This could very well be a nice 'app-replacement' for the classic Zoom 1202 :sunglasses:

You mentioned that in the comments Samu. Not familiar with it, and since I try to avoid accumulating physical 'stuff', probably never will be! I'll look it up nevertheless sir 😎

• @magnusovi said:

@Gavinski said:
    Certainly I found the mention of 'it's this price until the next major update' quite intriguing!

I’m feeling pretty good about this purchase and app right now lol

It's definitely not in the league of 'crazy exciting but mystifying' Igor releases, like a Beatcutter. But it does what it does very well in my opinion, apart from the few suggestions for improvements I made in the video.

• @Gavinski said:

@magnusovi said:
    I wonder if this will be heavily updated, and if Igor has some secrets under the hood waiting to be unleashed

I think it will depend on sales and user response. If he feels that people find it a bit bland compared to his other offerings he may well up the ante considerably!

His other more vanilla app, Classic FX, got a very major update after the initial release.

• @Gavinski said:

@Samu said:
    This could very well be a nice 'app-replacement' for the classic Zoom 1202 :sunglasses:

You mentioned that in the comments Samu. Not familiar with it, and since I try to avoid accumulating physical 'stuff', probably never will be! I'll look it up nevertheless sir 😎

Found this one, pretty geeky :sunglasses:

Very experimental music, I'm mesmerized LOL.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Gavinski said:

@magnusovi said:

His other more vanilla app, Classic FX, got a very major update after the initial release.

Indeed! But the most vanilla thing about it was the presets. It could also be driven hella hard, even in V1! It's just that that was not the way Igor viewed the app being used. He just wanted quality.... Well... Classic effects

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

@Samu said:

Found this one, pretty geeky :sunglasses:

Very experimental music, I'm mesmerized LOL.

Come on Samu....you put this kinda input into anything it's gonna sound hella whacky πŸ˜‚

• But yeah, some great sounds here!

• Winners!

YT
    Samu
    Stratocumulus
    We are roses

Insta
    Pete Sasqwax

Twitter
    Royor

• Guys, can you shed some light how it goes compared to his ClassicFX? I adore Igor apps and have it all, but I feel fully covered in multi fx area with MixBox, ClassicFX and Virsyn AudioEFFX

• Classic FX has fewer fx but it is the more interesting of the two, given the morphing function and the modulation possibilities.

• Do Igor's apps ever go on sale?

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    Do Igor's apps ever go on sale?

They do, Altispace 2 was my sales buy some time ago.

• This calls for super duper cheesy 'POP' tune :sunglasses:

(So What - I Was Lucky).

• @Gavinski πŸ™ Thank you very much! Igor’s VintageRack will be put to use immediately..

• My other Igor apps have welcomed it into the family πŸ™

• Persistence pays @royor! Is this maybe your 4th win? If so you are the person who's won the most on my channel, lucky guy!

• @Gavinski said:
    Persistence pays @royor! Is this maybe your 4th win? If so you are the person who's won the most on my channel, lucky guy!

😑