Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is iMini fully functional in the modern world?

It hasn’t been updated in 5 years. I’m thinking of getting it to run it in AUM with a sequencer pointed at it. I’m not really wanting to know what I might be better off with and I know it’s not an AU - it’s just this one I’m interested in for now.
Any issues with it?

Comments

• edited September 2022

I know you didn't ask for an alternative but anyway ... don't forget the great Viking from blamsoft!
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/viking-synth/id1085274012

• Thanks man - have that one - never got it going the way I would hope .. and I tried several times. I know a lot of people like it but I’m just not seeing it 🤔

• @robosardine said:
    Thanks man - have that one - never got it going the way I would hope .. and I tried several times. I know a lot of people like it but I’m just not seeing it 🤔

Viking is essentially a Moog Voyager Old School (Model D with dual filter) clone, so you should be able to set up Voyager patches and have it work.

• Is there a reason you don't want to use Moog's Model-D? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/minimoog-model-d-synthesizer/id1339418001

• It still sounds good, seems like nothings broken but since the Moog Model D came out, Imini collects a lot of dust in my virtual closet. I loved it when it came out but if I didn’t own it I don’t see myself buying it today and I’m a fan or Arturia, I own a lot of their desktop apps as we as several pieces of Arturia hardware. If you don’t care about AUV3 compatibility whatsoever and knowing it’s pretty much abandonware then go for it.🤷🏽‍♂️

• @Will said:
    Is there a reason you don't want to use Moog's Model-D? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/minimoog-model-d-synthesizer/id1339418001

Thanks everyone.
    I have the Model D.
    I was watching the YouTube ad from Arturia and was quite taken by the sounds on it - and I quite fancied the idea of 500 presets along these lines - I don’t seem to have an affinity with Model D for some reason. I just liked the look and sound of the iMini I guess.
    I think I’ll go for it - I haven’t bought many apps for a while…. maybe that’s my problem 😛

• edited September 2022

Model D doesn’t come with a ton, but I have a lot of presets in model D, there’s a bunch of free ones out there. Some in this forum, including a forum patch bank, and 4 banks on Patchstorage.

Hey, if it it’s been awhile, treat yo self, lol.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Model D doesn’t come with a ton, but I have a lot of presets in model D, there’s a bunch of free ones out there. Some in this forum, including a forum patch bank, and 4 banks on Patchstorage.

Hey, if it it’s been awhile, treat yo self, lol.

Mmmm… thanks for that 🤔