Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone into the WOO here? UFOs etc?

Comments

• Bigfoot sightings and "Ancient Aliens" on cable TV...

I've got my tin foil hat ready :smiley:

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

What is the WOO? I'm not familiar with the term and Google hasn't been any help.

• @wim said:
    What is the WOO? I'm not familiar with the term and Google hasn't been any help.

It’s a catch all term for paranormal, supernatural, weird shit. Hence “UFOs etc” in the title. Can also be used to refer to new age, occult, alternative spirituality type stuff. Basically anything that would make your average Joe Blow go “that’s fucking weird man”

• @cyberheater said:
    I saw one when I was a kid. Was about 8 years old. Looked up and there is was. A big slowly spinning flying saucer with lights and absolutely no sound. I stared gobsmacked at it for a few minutes and it slowly drifted off over the skyline.
    The thing that was weird is that when I think about it over the years I've realised that what my brain saw wasn't what it actually looked like. It's like my brain was translating something incredible into something I could get my head around.

In later years I've started to think that the phenomenon encompasses UFOs/UAPs, Cryptids, ghosts and manifestations etc.. and the underlying fabric is consciousness.

Do you think it may have been a balloon built by a prankster?

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

I few years ago I was absolutely astounded by a weirdly moving intense light careening around the sky in ways no aircraft possibly could one evening. Whatever it was looked like it was about 1/2 mile from my porch between 500 and 2000 feet in altitude. It was sending out flares and beams of light in really odd directions and patterns. I thought "Well what the hell? I guess I need to reconsider my disbelief in UFOs." because nothing man-made could act that way.

A few days later I learned that it was the light from a missile test launched from an Air Force base 520 miles from my home! It seemed like it was within walking distance, and those gyrating moves were simply the rocket exhaust doing weird things in the atmosphere as it executed its test pattern. :D

• @wim said:
    I few years ago I was absolutely astounded by a weirdly moving intense light careening around the sky in ways no aircraft possibly could one evening. Whatever it was looked like it was about 1/2 mile from my porch between 500 and 2000 feet in altitude. It was sending out flares and beams of light in really odd directions and patterns. I thought "Well what the hell? I guess I need to reconsider my disbelief in UFOs." because nothing man-made could act that way.

A few days later I learned that it was the light from a missile test launched from an Air Force base 520 miles from my home! It seemed like it was within walking distance, and those gyrating moves were simply the rocket exhaust doing weird things in the atmosphere as it executed its test pattern. :D

This is true for the vast majority of the report’s, a good investigation eliminates these thing’s, as you did, but a small percentage still remain undetermined, some with multiple corroborated evidence sources.

• @ervin said:

@sevenape said:

@robosardine said:
    The oldest discovered mammal fossils are - wait for it…… 225 million - yes million years old.
    The Brasilodon quadrangularis - Brasilodon is an extinct genus of small, mammal-like cynodonts that lived in what is now Brazil during the Norian age of the Late Triassic epoch, about 225.42 million years ago. While no complete skeletons have been found, the length of Brasilodon has been estimated at around 12 centimetres.

We have only been using mobile phones for about 45 years - less than that for the ones with cameras.
    I’m not sure how significant this is - but it’s quite mind boggling I find.

The age of Queen Cleopatra's reign in Egypt is closer to the birth of bitcoin than it is to the building of the pyramids of Giza.

And at the time the pyramids in Giza were built, the last mammoths on earth were still happily grazing on Wrangel Island, off the coast of Northern Siberia. What's more, they had almost another millennia to go before finally going extinct. Pretty fascinating stuff.

That’s mental

• @Simon said:
    Bigfoot sightings and "Ancient Aliens" on cable TV...

Here’s a starter for you. Tin foil is optional.

• @knewspeak said:

@Simon said:

I gotta respect Ross Coulthart. to pin his flag to the UAP thing is pretty risky considering his pedigree.

• @sevenape said:

@knewspeak said:

@Simon said:

I gotta respect Ross Coulthart. to pin his flag to the UAP thing is pretty risky considering his pedigree.

There are quite a few scientists, academics, journalists that have realised they have been misled for many decades. It’s time to end childish ridicule and let scientists inquire into the unknown, it’s what they should be doing, after all.

• @knewspeak said:

@sevenape said:

@knewspeak said:

@Simon said:

There are quite a few scientists, academics, journalists that have realised they have been misled for many decades. It’s time to end childish ridicule and let scientists inquire into the unknown, it’s what they should be doing, after all.

I agree 100%. We need the Mavericks

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

@knewspeak said:

Unless they dare to question man-caused climate change.

• @knewspeak said:

@sevenape said:

@knewspeak said:

@Simon said:

There’s an interview with top pilots on YouTube, where they talk about the UAP disclosures. They say they see and record these things ‘every day’ on sorties.

There have been numerous reports of UAP sightings around nuclear plants, and disabling weapons - multiple close shaves around commercial flights.

The US are taking this stuff very seriously, even if the masses think it’s a big joke.

• @knewspeak said:

@wim said:

This is true for the vast majority of the report’s, a good investigation eliminates these thing’s, as you did, but a small percentage still remain undetermined, some with multiple corroborated evidence sources.

Agreed.

The UFO/UAP phenomenon is a bit of a double-edged sword for the military. On the one hand it is the perfect excuse and has been allowed to proliferate in many cases as a UFO story to cover up and distract public attention from black project and stealth testing etc. But on the other hand, that can also bring into question the defence and detection abilities of the military if unknown objects are believed to be entering and flying around our airspace that the military are charged with protecting and defending.

• @wim said:

@knewspeak said:

You shouldn’t fear counter argument, it’s part of healthy debate, just make sure your rebuttal is stronger.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@knewspeak said:

@wim said:

Agreed.

The UFO/UAP phenomenon is a bit of a double-edged sword for the military. On the one hand it is the perfect excuse and has been allowed to proliferate in many cases as a UFO story to cover up and distract public attention from black project and stealth testing etc. But on the other hand, that can also bring into question the defence and detection abilities of the military if unknown objects are believed to be entering and flying around our airspace that the military are charged with protecting and defending.

Very true, but the black project’s Special Access Programs are often in the Private Business realm, thus outside the remit of freedom of information request’s so as to what they entail only private congressional hearings will possibly know. Here in the United Kingdom I fear information would be even more securely kept, as in regard to the photograph I posted above, the Calvine incident. It happened the following year to my own ‘encounter’ with a UFO/UAP.

• @monz0id said:
    The US are taking this stuff very seriously, even if the masses think it’s a big joke.

Not surprising given that the US government has done its level best to ridicule the subject for over 50 years.

• @cyberheater said:

@monz0id said:

Not surprising given that the US government has done its level best to ridicule the subject for over 50 years.

Very true, although I do believe there are still, people within the Pentagon who wish to sweep it away again.

• @cyberheater said:

@monz0id said:

They would still be publicly ridiculing it, had the UAP videos not been leaked. Instead it forced them to confirm they were genuine, and that they had no idea what they were.

In the background however, they’ve been studying them for decades.

• @cyberheater said:

@monz0id said:

I think it's a bit sad that we are in this incredibly literal and materialistic point in society. And I think that the interest in paranormal and occult is a natural outlet for being boxed in so much. Even concerning mainstream science, the average joe has no clue how little we know and how weird things get at the edges of our knowledge. As far as most people are concerned Science is like a doctrine now, which it really isn't... the whole point is to discover and understand what we don't understand... not to keep our minds in this little defined box... imo

• @knewspeak said:

@cyberheater said:

@monz0id said:

Very true, although I do believe there are still, people within the Pentagon who wish to sweep it away again.

Yes definitely, just recently the DoD have said that are not releasing any of the hundreds of photos or videos they have due to 'national security issues'

• @sevenape said:

@cyberheater said:

@monz0id said:

I think it's a bit sad that we are in this incredibly literal and materialistic point in society. And I think that the interest in paranormal and occult is a natural outlet for being boxed in so much. Even concerning mainstream science, the average joe has no clue how little we know and how weird things get at the edges of our knowledge. As far as most people are concerned Science is like a doctrine now, which it really isn't... the whole point is to discover and understand what we don't understand... not to keep our minds in this little defined box... imo

Definitely. We’re losing our sense of wonderment for things we don’t understand. Instead there’s ridicule, that scares off serious research.

• The ‘Dyatlov Pass Incident’ really captured my intrigue. I’ve heard several different sources of possible explanation and the details remain stranger than fiction. Truly freaky stuff.

• @monz0id said:

@cyberheater said:

@monz0id said:

They would still be publicly ridiculing it, had the UAP videos not been leaked. Instead it forced them to confirm they were genuine, and that they had no idea what they were.

Without a doubt they’ve been studying them, if it enters your airspace, the default position should be to assume it a threat, until otherwise discerned. But the branch of the pentagon investigating them, AATIP, which I do believe was a clever working of the compartmentalised system to ‘out’ the data being collected. If noted most of the evidence has come from the US Navy, where is data from the US Air Force, NASA and so on.

• @knewspeak said:

@monz0id said:

@cyberheater said:

@monz0id said:

Without a doubt they’ve been studying them, if it enters your airspace, the default position should be to assume it a threat, until otherwise discerned. But the branch of the pentagon investigating them, AATIP, which I do believe was a clever working of the compartmentalised system to ‘out’ the data being collected. If noted most of the evidence has come from the US Navy, where is data from the US Air Force, NASA and so on.

And using companies outside the government who are not subject to FOIA releases.

• edited September 2022

@Proppa said:
    The ‘Dyatlov Pass Incident’ really captured my intrigue. I’ve heard several different sources of possible explanation and the details remain stranger than fiction. Truly freaky stuff.

Yeah! I've studied that one as well. Raises the hairs on my neck, that one! A really strange story.

Did you come across reports from other witnesses further away but around that area reporting strange lights around the same time?

• @cyberheater said:

@knewspeak said:

@monz0id said:

@cyberheater said:

@monz0id said:

And using companies outside the government who are not subject to FOIA releases.

Indeed and also congressional and executive oversight.

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

@knewspeak said:

@wim said:

@knewspeak said:

You shouldn’t fear counter argument, it’s part of healthy debate, just make sure your rebuttal is stronger.

The intended irony of my post wasn't clear enough I guess.

I was saying that questioning the "settled science" (an oxymoron if there ever was one) of climate change has become verboten. I think that's a terrible thing to happen in any branch of science. I'm pointedly not taking sides on the climate debate. I just think those that try to quash dissent in the scientific community on that topic are being very unwise.

But anyway - terrible idea to bring such a provocative off-topic post to this thread. Sorry.

• Here's an interesting article from just a couple of days ago...

https://bigthink.com/hard-science/ufo-uap-science/

This discussion has been closed.