Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Knot - pocket-sized USB host by intech studio

Standalone USB MIDI Host

Knot is the bridge between old-school MIDI gear like synthesizers, groove boxes, guitar pedals and neat USB MIDI devices. Leave out the computer from the equation and control instruments seamlessly with Grid - or any other - USB controller.

Knot has earlybird -25% discounted price - $89
Expected dispatch of the pre-ordered Knot is by 12th of December 2022.

Comments

• I wonder it you could do the same using a Raspberry Pi.

• You absolutely can - but good luck finding one and not overpaying. Although a 3b or maybe even a pico might do.

• This is nothing new, USB MIDI hosts with 5pin MIDI connectors do exist already.
    What we need is Audio!

A simple 2-port USB device that presents itself as a USB Audio (and MIDI) class compliant 16-channel audio interface on each of the ports and simply routes the audio inputs and outputs between each other.

• this is exactly what i need, really like the format, better than most of existing solutions .. ordered one, looking forward to it

• @cyberheater said:
    I wonder it you could do the same using a Raspberry Pi.

Or an ESP32 which is more readily available today:
    https://github.com/marcel-licence/esp32_usb_midi