Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Progression not getting sound in AUM

I have always used progression in standalone as a tool to learn about chords. Last night i tried to use it in AUM and didn't get any sound. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Make sure you load Progression as an Audio Channel not a midi channel and be sure to sync with the host. As long as you do that you should get sound. If you want to send sound to another app you can load it as either a midi or audio channel but again, make sure you sync to host. If that doesn’t work, I’m all out of ideas.

• Not sure if this applies to Progression, but some MIDI apps (like ZOA) include a synth sound generator that only runs in the stand-alone version. It may be understood that you will feed the AUv3 MIDI to another instrument.

• uncledave is correct. As a stand-alone, Progressions uses a soundfont to generate sound. In AUM, load into a MIDI channel. Then load any audio app into an audio channel. Route Progressions to the audio app, turn on the sync with host button in Progressions, generate a palette of chords, press Play in AUM.

If you want to learn more about chords, read the Circle of Colors paper referenced inside the manual for Progressions. Have fun!

• @dcollett said:
    uncledave is correct. As a stand-alone, Progressions uses a soundfont to generate sound. In AUM, load into a MIDI channel. Then load any audio app into an audio channel. Route Progressions to the audio app, turn on the sync with host button in Progressions, generate a palette of chords, press Play in AUM.

If you want to learn more about chords, read the Circle of Colors paper referenced inside the manual for Progressions. Have fun!

Eureka. Thanks it worked. Next step the tutorials to learn the most about this app the "turn on the sync with host button in Progressions" I still don't know but sound which was my main issue is solved

• Prog1967, search YouTube for videos. Many by 4Pockets (Paul, dev), Leo, Jade, Doug, Gav, and others.