Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini running

I have tried for hours to get nembrini to work so I just don’t know what else to do

Comments

• @yourmommachews said:
    I have tried for hours to get nembrini to work so I just don’t know what else to do

There's no audio coming into the Nembrini plugin, you need to tap the "+" on the circle above it and select the input of your audio interface your guitar is connected to.

• Also, you probably want to out the tubescreamer and amp on the same channel. I’ll post a picture in a moment.

• Just clarifying for OP. When you set it up, choose the audio interface input your guitar is on as the input not the mic. I mention that in case that wasn't clear to you.

• I'm so proud that people decided to help rather than "take the piss"

My faith in humanity (at least on this forum) is restored

:)

• @audiblevideo said:
    I'm so proud that people decided to help rather than "take the piss"

My faith in humanity (at least on this forum) is restored

:)

this is what I mean when I am talking about the iOS mobile music making community!

• @espiegel123 said:
    Just clarifying for OP. When you set it up, choose the audio interface input your guitar is on as the input not the mic. I mention that in case that wasn't clear to you.

• Try doing things in this order:

• create the aum channel with the hardware input as the top
    • add the tube screamer
    • double-tap on the line below the tube screamer
    • an empty node will appear
    • add the nembrini amp to the empty node
  • You can change the order of nodes by tapping, dragging to the right and then dragging up or down.

• @espiegel123 said:

Try doing things in this order:

• add the tube screamer

Cool I will try that. Thank you

• @espiegel123 said:

• add the tube screamer

I have been having issues with aum, never happened before but in the past few days every time I load like the screamer it says fail to load

• @espiegel123 said:

• add the tube screamer

Like this?? I did this and still just a dry signal so what am I doing wrong??? Is there a different host that I can use that would be easier because I’m just frustrated

• @yourmommachews said:

@espiegel123 said:

• add the tube screamer

Like this?? I did this and still just a dry signal so what am I doing wrong??? Is there a different host that I can use that would be easier because I’m just frustrated

You need to tap in the top node and choose your audio interface. You haven’t chosen an input.

Also, you should not even hear dry guitar since you haven’t chosen an input. You may have your interface set to monitor your dry signal.

• I think I have it going and all but no controls on the nembrini are working and all but also I have unmuted both the 808 and the nembrini head any thoughts? Man this head has caused me a lot of headache. I sure hope I can figure it out with your help

• I finally got it figured out. Thank you for all your help. I would of never gotten it if it were not for you.

• @yourmommachews said:
    I finally got it figured out. Thank you for all your help. I would of never gotten it if it were not for you.

I am glad you have it worked out. If you run into more problems, post pictures so that I can see how things are set up.

• @yourmommachews said:
    I finally got it figured out. Thank you for all your help. I would of never gotten it if it were not for you.

Great news, and enjoy.

• So are there any other hosts other than aum for junking nembrini amps???

• Opps not sure what happened there but just ignore that word junking

• I assume you mean "hosting"?

Sure, there are tons. For better recommendations it would be helpful to know what it is about AUM that doesn't meet your needs, and a bit about the type of workflow you're looking for.

• @wim said:
    I assume you mean "hosting"?

Sure, there are tons. For better recommendations it would be helpful to know what it is about AUM that doesn't meet your needs, and a bit about the type of workflow you're looking for.

Yes thank you that’s exactly what I meant

• If you are specifically/ primarily a guitarist nembrini as it’s own effects host

Which is free

• @wim said:
    I assume you mean "hosting"?

I just like to try all kinds of different apps because I might like something better so what are my options for a different hosts???? There are so many apps you just never know I just may like another host way of doing things when it comes to what I’m trying to accomplish.

• It’s like there are so many ios apps and it’s impossible for me to come across all of them. I could spend 30 years working with this app or that app but there may be a better one but because there are so many I may never ever com3 across it

• @yourmommachews said:
    It’s like there are so many ios apps and it’s impossible for me to come across all of them. I could spend 30 years working with this app or that app but there may be a better one but because there are so many I may never ever com3 across it

Do you already have AUM? If you do, I suggest just sticking with it until you find things that you want to do that you can't conveniently accomplish in it. Then ask questions about which hosts might address that.

If you don't have AUM, it sounds perfect for what you want to do. Hosts that are similar in some ways are AudioBus and ApeMatrix. AUM is by far the most used of those.

There are lots and lots of ways to go after that, but what's best depends on how your needs evolve.

• @yourmommachews said:
    So are there any other hosts other than aum for junking nembrini amps???

AUM is my favorite for guitar stuff tbh. Loopy is cool though for building loops, especially paired with a launchpad. Nembrini also has a free host just for their stuff but I haven’t gelled with it much. Cubasis is good if you prefer a timeline style of recording. I always end up firing up AUM though in the end with Loopy in an effects slot on a master buss cos I’m just used to recording with a mixer and tape from the pre digital days and AUM replicates that workflow the best

• @yourmommachews said:
    It’s like there are so many ios apps and it’s impossible for me to come across all of them. I could spend 30 years working with this app or that app but there may be a better one but because there are so many I may never ever com3 across it

Can you list the things you want to do with your host? Do you to only load guitar stuff? Do you want to b able to load synths and midi sequencers and drum machines? Do you want to be able to record?

I mostly use Loopy Pro these days … even when not recording loops, but I use AUM a fair amount , too.

Some people mostly work in their favorite DAW or in Drambo.

It would really help to know what features you need.

• @audiblevideo said:
    If you are specifically/ primarily a guitarist nembrini as it’s own effects host

Which is free

Yea but I also like to add fx