Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Update on development of Electrify NXT

I mailed Ingo, the dev of Electrify NXT, yesterday and asked him if he's planning to take the development of the app further. With his permission, I'm posting his reply here:

"Hi Maarten,

thanks for your mail.

I have been busy with a large customer project the last months but I have continued
to work on NXT since some days.

On my list is some midi stuff and stability.
I am sorry, that the app did not get any updates for a long time, but there will be future updates.

I am constantly thinking about making NXT different than the whole lot of other all-in-one apps out there.
My mission statement was a powerful and at the same time casual (see „Figure") app which I must admit I missed.
So if you have any feedback, let me know.

I still do not have enough time to monitor the forums, so feel free to post what I am writing.
I also cannot tell you a date for the next update. It’s done when it’s done.

Best regards,
Ingo"

If you like Electrify NXT and have some constructive feedback for the future development of the app, please post your wishes and ideas here. I'll forward them to the dev. I personally think the app has potential, but needs some work done on it. I'll chime in here with my own suggestions the coming days.

Comments

• Ooops, my bad. Mistake corrected.

• Other than stability, a bit better response for knob turns and a slightly darker color scheme, nothing I'd ask for to be changed. Love this app. I do think the dev achieved their goal of being unique among their peers. I certainly wouldn't want anything simplified.

• Correcting the tinny sound bug introduced in the last update would be good!

• Besides bugfixes, I really want a way to save projects and store them. Clip management seems confusing at best with deleted clips stacking up (including empty ones). And deleting them sometimes seems to confuse NXT and it will delete other clips instead of the ones I selected.

This soft really has good potential but there's plenty of things that needs fine tuning.