Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are some aggressive, modern sounding synths?

I love Alchemy & am looking for something similar to compliment it, I love Sunrizer, but it bleeds through my percussion in my setup. I like mean aggressive sounds, I've tried running through Bias with less than stellar results, I probably just need to experiment more.

Comments

• Virsyn microTera

• Z3ta+ is pretty aggressive. There's tons of free trance and dance patches out there for it that are too much for my taste. Shoot me a pm and I can share what I've found.

• @Coloobar said:

Z3ta+ is pretty aggressive. There's tons of free trance and dance patches out there for it that are too much for my taste. Shoot me a pm and I can share what I've found.

Thanks, can I upload patches with just an iPad, & no computer?

• @Zymos said:

Virsyn microTera

Thanks, forgot about that one, picked it up!

• Arctic Synth Pro is supposed to be good for those kinda sounds (dont own it personally )

• Thor can do just about anything

• Magellan feels pretty aggressive to me, don't know about modern though, and honestly I don't use it much. On top of all that, I'm probably not the person to ask, so I guess just disregard everything I just said.

• Already have Magellan thanks though.

• What about using another app for filter/distortion? Something like WOW can be as aggressive as anything. I really like using Filtatron as a filter but it's mono...

• @thatsRayor said:

What about using another app for filter/distortion? Something like WOW can be as aggressive as anything. I really like using Filtatron as a filter but it's mono...

Yeah, I got both, I'm gonna revisit them soon.

• Just about anything run through Nils turns into absolute gold.

• I really like Waldorf Nave for aggressive sounds

When using bias with synths, try turning off the cabinet

• edited July 2014

@Ripper said:

@Coloobar said:

Z3ta+ is pretty aggressive. There's tons of free trance and dance patches out there for it that are too much for my taste. Shoot me a pm and I can share what I've found.

Thanks, can I upload patches with just an iPad, & no computer?

I used iFunbox to move the .fxp patches to subfolders that I created in the user folder. Not sure if there would be a way to do this in ipad. I could email a zip file containing all of the subfolders and patches and if there's a way to copy it to the correct folder using some app and unzip it, then it's possible.

I don't see an option in Z3ta+ to import a patch, and it would be far too time consuming to try and do each patch individually. .fxb banks won't work in the ipad version of z3ta so I've extracted them all into individual patch files.

• Phauwo is the most aggressive synth sound I've found on iOS