Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumJam 10th Anniversary Sale

2»

Comments

• Thanks, @sonosaurus,

I already have DJ, just loaded up on some of the free world instruments. Fantastic!

• I downloaded drumjam, again. Have had it on and off over the years, and remembered why I keep deleting it.
    I love playing the pads and the sound of the different traditional percussive instruments a lot, but I can’t get it to play nice with anything else in terms of sync. I’m an AUM user. Loaded as an IAA, with either Link on or off, Drumjams’s timing is sporadic. But opened as standalone, it syncs as expected with AUM via Link. However, I’d like to pipe the audio into AUM, and if memory serves correctly, there’s some sort of Audiobus trickery that allows this to happen, that would allow both sync and audio to AUM??

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I downloaded drumjam, again. Have had it on and off over the years, and remembered why I keep deleting it.
    I love playing the pads and the sound of the different traditional percussive instruments a lot, but I can’t get it to play nice with anything else in terms of sync. I’m an AUM user. Loaded as an IAA, with either Link on or off, Drumjams’s timing is sporadic. But opened as standalone, it syncs as expected with AUM via Link. However, I’d like to pipe the audio into AUM, and if memory serves correctly, there’s some sort of Audiobus trickery that allows this to happen, that would allow both sync and audio to AUM??

There are some issues when AUM tries to launch it as an IAA, but if you start DJ first then attach from AUM, it seems to get going fine. I just tested sync while AUM is in control including changing the tempo while playing and it behaves fine for me here. Go ahead and email me at jesse @ sonosaurus.com and maybe provide me with a screen capture video showing the setup and what’s happening for you.

• Thank you @sonosaurus ! The sync repeatedly works for me now😃

• @sonosaurus said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I downloaded drumjam, again. Have had it on and off over the years, and remembered why I keep deleting it.

There are some issues when AUM tries to launch it as an IAA, but if you start DJ first then attach from AUM, it seems to get going fine. I just tested sync while AUM is in control including changing the tempo while playing and it behaves fine for me here. Go ahead and email me at jesse @ sonosaurus.com and maybe provide me with a screen capture video showing the setup and what’s happening for you.

It's one of those apps you have to open before linking in AUM. Same with all the Lumbeats, Geoshred, etc.

• 12yo son says "Dad, that drum app you got me is the best app on my iPad". Drumroll ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... DrumJam!

• @Ailerom said:
    12yo son says "Dad, that drum app you got me is the best app on my iPad". Drumroll ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... DrumJam!

That’s awesome!

• edited September 2022

@sonosaurus
    Any timpani or orchestral percussion in the pipeline?

• @Ailerom said:
    12yo son says "Dad, that drum app you got me is the best app on my iPad". Drumroll ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... DrumJam!

Quite a feat to impress a 12 year-old!

• Doug just did a livestream featuring DrumJam, check it out!

• Just got it and man it’s freaking smooth!

• Yes! Sonosaurus make two of the best, most stable and fun apps ever for iPad … Thumbjam and DrumJam . Genius!!

I wish they had time to do more.

• Congrats on the 10th anniversary and thank you so much for all your contributions to the music creating world :)

• Thanks for the tip @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr

I just had fun times live looping the pads into koala. It was my first drum circle!

I also purchased Thumbjam today too. What a joy. Can someone verify something about thumbjam? When you record loops, it’s an all audio affair, correct? Example, if I’m sending MIDI out of Thumbjam, recording a loop does nothing. I’m not making a feature request or anything, I just want to make sure that I’m not overlooking a setting. Thanks.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Thanks for the tip @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr

I just had fun times live looping the pads into koala. It was my first drum circle!

I also purchased Thumbjam today too. What a joy. Can someone verify something about thumbjam? When you record loops, it’s an all audio affair, correct? Example, if I’m sending MIDI out of Thumbjam, recording a loop does nothing. I’m not making a feature request or anything, I just want to make sure that I’m not overlooking a setting. Thanks.

In ThumbJam’s Prefs->Midi Control, if Save MIDI Loops is enabled, when you record audio loops the midi for those is also saved alongside. Afterwards if you go to Prefs->Import/Export, you can select Open MIDI in Other App, to export the currently loaded loop set’s midi. Some people have reported some issues with this feature, but it’s worth a try.

• Forgot to comment on this but wanted to say thanks for the amazing apps, was finally able to get a lot of the bundles I’ve been wanting.

Had the app itself for a long time now and this and Thumbjam are 2 of my all time favorites. Amazing work.

• The last few days of the sale are here, get them while you can! Historically, your next chance is in another decade :)

• I guess eight years or so for thumbjam too 😅