Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One crashing in AUM

Synthmaster one is repeatedly crashing when I load it in AUM. It seems to happen more often when I have midi mapped into it but it crashes with nothing hooked up too. I'm primarily running at 48 KHz with 64 sample buffer on an M1 but it works fine in loopy pro at the same settings. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Comments

• edited September 2022

Please identify your iPadOS version.

Edit: Are you using SM1 as an Audio Unit Extension, or as IAA?

• @Dreadful2622 said:
    Synthmaster one is repeatedly crashing when I load it in AUM. It seems to happen more often when I have midi mapped into it but it crashes with nothing hooked up too. I'm primarily running at 48 KHz with 64 sample buffer on an M1 but it works fine in loopy pro at the same settings. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Does changing the buffer size make a difference?

• I’ve been having issues with all the presets loading in SMO. Haven’t checked in the last week or 2 though.

• @uncledave said:
    Please identify your iPadOS version.

Edit: Are you using SM1 as an Audio Unit Extension, or as IAA?

iPad pro with the M1 running iOS 15.6. I'd like it to work as an AU. I just tried it with IAA and it hasn't crashed so that might be a workaround for me

• @espiegel123 said:

only slightly. At 64 samples it crashes immediately on opening the GUI, with higher sizes it lasts longer but still crashes if I touch some knobs. Annoyingly it loads in fine and seems to run properly as long as it's GUI is closed

• @Dreadful2622 said:

@espiegel123 said:

only slightly. At 64 samples it crashes immediately on opening the GUI, with higher sizes it lasts longer but still crashes if I touch some knobs. Annoyingly it loads in fine and seems to run properly as long as it's GUI is closed

Hmmm. This is strange, and doesn't happen to me, on "traditional" iPad 6. I wonder if it's related to your screen size/resolution, or to the window AUM provides for the GUI.

How does it work if you just load it into a new AUM session?

If the app actually crashes, there should be logs. You can find them by opening the system Settings app and searching for Analytics, then find Analytics Data. The filenames will begin with "SynthMaster". You can ignore files with "resource" in the name. If there are crash logs, you could share them with the dev, since they indicate a software error of some kind.

• Thanks I’ll take a look there tonight - in loopy I have the screen maximized so definitely possible that it’s a resolution thing

• @uncledave said:

@Dreadful2622 said:

@espiegel123 said:

Hmmm. This is strange, and doesn't happen to me, on "traditional" iPad 6. I wonder if it's related to your screen size/resolution, or to the window AUM provides for the GUI.

How does it work if you just load it into a new AUM session?

If the app actually crashes, there should be logs. You can find them by opening the system Settings app and searching for Analytics, then find Analytics Data. The filenames will begin with "SynthMaster". You can ignore files with "resource" in the name. If there are crash logs, you could share them with the dev, since they indicate a software error of some kind.

Yeah it's full of crash logs, guess I'll get in contact with the devs

In the mean time I'll try it in IAA since as an AUv3 it seems to crash with loopy pro now too

• @Dreadful2622 said:

Can you please send me crash logs from your device so that we can analyze what's causing the crash?

Crash logs are located inside the Settings app, settings>privacy>analytics&improvements>analytics data. Please browse the list of files and send me a few of the latest ones with name SynthMasterOneAU

• edited November 2022

Anyone able to load SynthMaster One in AUM? It crashes all the time for me. IOS 15.7.1. Ipad 5th Gen 9.7”. 😊 it happens on even latest update of SM1.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Anyone able to load SynthMaster One in AUM? It crashes all the time for me. IOS 15.7.1. Ipad 5th Gen 9.7”. 😊 it happens on even latest update of SM1.

Well, it loads fine when I test it, can you please send me crash logs from your device?
    Crash logs are located inside the Settings app, settings>privacy>analytics&improvements>analytics data.

• @lbiyikoglu

Where are we on SM One and 2 on iOS? Any love for them? Any work going on regarding both the apps on themselves or packs? Or is it just bugfixes from now on?

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @Tones4Christ said:

Please confirm that you're loading SynthMaster One as AUv3, not IAA. I believe IAA has been disabled in the app, although it still appears in AUM's list of IAA apps.

What do you see when it "crashes"? Does it stop responding? Does AUM report that it failed?

Does it fail to load, or does it run for a while before crashing?

• edited November 2022

@Tones4Christ
    In my case, the first time I started the latest version of SM1 as a standalone, it crashed after the splash screen appeared. But since then, I have been able to launch it normally both standalone and when loaded into AUM.

(EDITED)
    As I recall, on that first startup, I think I got the SM1 splash screen and then the black screen remained on the screen. Whether that was a crash or a freeze I’m not sure.
    (Or maybe if I waited a little longer the black screen would have ended and SM1 would have started normally.)
    But I’m not sure if that memory of mine is accurate or not. Especially as to whether the black screen remained or not.

• Sorry for late response. Had family over. Yes loading it as either IAA or AU and nothing loads. It does load perfectly in Cubasis 3 on both iPhone 6s plus and iPad. But not in AUM.

• This is on my iPhone 6s plus. But the exact same message i get on iPad also.

• @lbiyikoglu said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Well, it loads fine when I test it, can you please send me crash logs from your device?
    Crash logs are located inside the Settings app, settings>privacy>analytics&improvements>analytics data.

Thank you! Sent the crashlog via PM here.

• Update: i deleted entire app and reinstalled. It worked!
    Loaded bonus presets, then loaded desktop presets. There was sone issue with the presets not showing up in AUM. Re- installed presets and now they are showing up. Reinstalled my backed up self made presets. Thank you for all the support!