Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kindness

If someone frustrates you with their questions, you can ignore them. There isn't any need to intentionally make someone feel bad for asking questions or not doing the research you think they should do. Sometime people are dealing with stuff we just don't know about.

Comments

  • I know this attitude is prevalent on many other forums, haven’t found it so much here, and I've asked a lot of dumb, basic questions!

  • @LinearLineman : fwiw, I posted this because a few people gave someone a really hard time for asking a lot of questions that they felt crossed a line -- and that person is dealing with health issues that impact memory.

  • edited September 14

    I know EXACTLY who you're talking about. I was a dick to him at first, but when he messaged me about what happened to him, I apologised immediately and felt remorseful. I'm on the Autism spectrum and have ADHD, so I know full well about learning challenges and mental health issues.

    I then asked him how best he can learn, and basically I'm gonna soon make video tutorials geared just for him. If I could teach him in person (the only compensation asked for would be a good meal), I would. He's about 1000 miles away from me sadly.

    I know he asks a lot of questions, but the man wants to relearn how to make music and must be taught from scratch. I plan to help him cut his teeth on Gadget first since it's about the easiest app to grasp.

    I know my friend should calm down a little with the questions and stick to learning one workflow first, but he's still looking for a workflow to call his own. 🥺

  • God bless you @espiegel123 for reminding us to be our better selves 🙏🏼💗💗

  • The question I try to ask myself is “Would I do this in real life?” If the answer is “no”, then I’m not going to do it on a forum.

  • @espiegel123 said:
    If someone frustrates you with their questions, you can ignore them. There isn't any need to intentionally make someone feel bad for asking questions or not doing the research you think they should do. Sometime people are dealing with stuff we just don't know about.

    +1

  • @michael_m said:
    The question I try to ask myself is “Would I do this in real life?” If the answer is “no”, then I’m not going to do it on a forum.

    This...

  • Yep. I've had a few PMs from the individual. Tried my best to help them out and explain a few things. But it's so difficult to explain this stuff without sitting down next to someone for realtime exchanges of conversation and having the apps open in front of you to visually demonstrate. If I had the time and resources to record, edit and upload helpful videos, I would, but I can't. Wish I could just sit down with them in realtime and go over things with them.

    When I first moved over to iOS for music making, yeah I had hardware experience, but didn't even know anything about iPhones and iPads and how the platform itself even worked! It was a huge learning curve for me just for the platform itself and then how the different apps could be connected, routed and synced together. I didn't join this forum until about 2 years later. Initially I got all my learning and familiarity with the platform and the apps by cramming everything Jakob Haq and Doug Woods and Electronisounds practically every day, watching or just listening to the same vids over and over again step by step until things started to become clearer.

  • @Spidericemidas said:
    Yep. I've had a few PMs from the individual. Tried my best to help them out and explain a few things. But it's so difficult to explain this stuff without sitting down next to someone for realtime exchanges of conversation and having the apps open in front of you to visually demonstrate. If I had the time and resources to record, edit and upload helpful videos, I would, but I can't. Wish I could just sit down with them in realtime and go over things with them.

    When I first moved over to iOS for music making, yeah I had hardware experience, but didn't even know anything about iPhones and iPads and how the platform itself even worked! It was a huge learning curve for me just for the platform itself and then how the different apps could be connected, routed and synced together. I didn't join this forum until about 2 years later. Initially I got all my learning and familiarity with the platform and the apps by cramming everything Jakob Haq and Doug Woods and Electronisounds practically every day, watching or just listening to the same vids over and over again step by step until things started to become clearer.

    It is indeed a learning curve. Roli Noise was one of the first apps I bought, including the Swam pack. There was a warning that these wouldn't work in the AUv3 host but at the time I didn't even have any idea what that meant. Don't even think I'd discovered Audiobus at the time, never mind AUM 😂

  • @Gavinski said:

    @Spidericemidas said:
    Yep. I've had a few PMs from the individual. Tried my best to help them out and explain a few things. But it's so difficult to explain this stuff without sitting down next to someone for realtime exchanges of conversation and having the apps open in front of you to visually demonstrate. If I had the time and resources to record, edit and upload helpful videos, I would, but I can't. Wish I could just sit down with them in realtime and go over things with them.

    When I first moved over to iOS for music making, yeah I had hardware experience, but didn't even know anything about iPhones and iPads and how the platform itself even worked! It was a huge learning curve for me just for the platform itself and then how the different apps could be connected, routed and synced together. I didn't join this forum until about 2 years later. Initially I got all my learning and familiarity with the platform and the apps by cramming everything Jakob Haq and Doug Woods and Electronisounds practically every day, watching or just listening to the same vids over and over again step by step until things started to become clearer.

    It is indeed a learning curve. Roli Noise was one of the first apps I bought, including the Swam pack. There was a warning that these wouldn't work in the AUv3 host but at the time I didn't even have any idea what that meant. Don't even think I'd discovered Audiobus at the time, never mind AUM 😂

    Yeah! And things have levelled up sooo much on the iOS platform since I joined it 6 years ago! So much more to take in if you're just starting now! It would be even more of a challenge for me if I was just getting started now! I always welcome any technical questions and happy to help where I can if I know the answers. If someone in real life shows an interest and wants to see what goes on, on my iPad, I could talk all day and not shut up about it. Still so exciting and amazing to me.

  • I try to be as helpful as I possibly can but I've started to avoid threads that have a tendency to get very toxic one way or the other and it's so sad people can't stay away fro mixing in religion or politics which is a recipe for disaster.

    Another 'toxic' thing is app & brand loyalty that will create chaos sooner rather than later.

    I'm aware everyone has their favorites for one reason or the other and it's quite amusing to see the defense mechanisms get to work when their preferred thing get attacked even though there's like 0% risk of real damage.

    What I have a hard time dealing with is entitled users who demand answers and/or solutions to their problems with close to zero effort before posting the question.

    Oh well, that's life...

  • This makes me sad and angry……. Mostly at myself. I have a judgement mind set…. Which for years I have been trying to change. Once again I am shown that I never really know what is going on with someone. I want to be Kind and loving.. but I have been trolled and taken advantage of. But mostly that is not the case. I really need to just try and be kind and leave it at that. So many folks including my self are hurting in one way or another. This was another eye opener for me.

    Peace

  • edited September 14

    I would’ve been totally at sea with iOS if I didn’t have a great and patient teachers from this forum, @CracklePot. @wim @aaronpc @Samu and eventually others like @rs2000 @McD also invaluable early on.

    I remember a late night freeze up of my pad 4 in Turkey back in 2018. I was working on my first symphonic work and it all seemed lost, inaccessible. I was freaked. @CracklePot was there at lord knows what time zone and kindly instructed me in the art of the hard reboot. All was well again. Wouldn’t have lasted without him.

    I understand members sometimes find themselves under water from advice giving. Still, the help is invaluable and valued by everyone (I think). Nothing always goes smoothly in this life.

  • @onerez said:
    This makes me sad and angry……. Mostly at myself. I have a judgement mind set…. Which for years I have been trying to change. Once again I am shown that I never really know what is going on with someone. I want to be Kind and loving.. but I have been trolled and taken advantage of. But mostly that is not the case. I really need to just try and be kind and leave it at that. So many folks including my self are hurting in one way or another. This was another eye opener for me.

    Peace

    Couldn’t say it any better. I see having the occasional “don’t be that guy” moment as a gift. A necessary gift.
    Keeps my feet down.
    Great off topic thread. Glad I took the time to read it.

Sign In or Register to comment.