Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence 2 instruments for Korg Gadget and AUM AUv3

We have now saveable instruments in Xequence 2, and the list of default CCs for Korg Gadget.
It was just a small effort to combine them.

Starting a Xequence 2 instruments database, the first batch contains a set of Xequence 2 instruments for Korg Gadget, one for each standard and IAP Gadget (those having CC parameters) with all default CCs mapped to controllers.

Just find the Gadget Xequence 2 instruments on Xequence 2's wiki page, along with some short instructions to install them (the actual files are hosted somewhere else, courtesy of Google).

Using a Xequence 2 instrument sets up all of this for you

  • the instrument name
  • all default CCs mapped to controllers (all available parameters ready to get modulated in your arrangements)
  • the correct drum map for drum machines
  • the MIDI destination
  • a color vaguely recalling that of the synth if possible

Upgrade your Xequence 2 if you haven't yet, the limit in the number of controllers has been recently increased, and some Gadgets and AUv3 need a lot.

Credits: Many many thanks @SevenSystems for having added the instruments in 2.3, and your great support, feedback, and hints. And of course to @uberhaus for having documented all the Gadgets default CCs.

Please comment in this thread in case of mistakes, or suggestions for improvement.

The instruments for some AUv3 in AUM are coming next.

Comments

  • That's actually really cool! I didn't know this. I do hope @SevenSystems gives us Xequence 3 MIDI AUv3 someday, but for now these will suffice! Cheers mates.

  • Great stuff @crushed 💥 , thanks for all your hard work.

    Also: It's currently a bit awkward still when you have many controllers and you want to choose which ones are displayed on the keyboard screen... this will be much improved in 2.4, where you'll be able to select them directly on the keyboard screen instead of in the instrument menu:

  • edited September 21

    Thank you guys for your kind feedback!

    Added today:
    Xequence2 instruments fo AUv3 hosted in AUM with all parameters mapped to X2 controllers for

    • Fractal Bits
    • Koala Sampler
    • OB-Xd

    with installation instructions and additional remarks

  • edited September 21

    @crushed said:
    Thank you guys for your kind feedback!

    Added today:
    Xequence2 instruments fo AUv3 hosted in AUM with all parameters mapped to X2 controllers for

    • Fractal Bits
    • Koala Sampler
    • OB-Xd

    with installation instructions and additional remarks

    this move to saveables is brilliant

    SunVox would be ultra cool

  • @Littlewoodg glad to know the feature is useful and actually getting used 😊 (not always sure about the latter...)

  • @SevenSystems said:
    @Littlewoodg glad to know the feature is useful and actually getting used 😊 (not always sure about the latter...)

    you mentioned a long time back quart a sweet partner Xequence is for SunVox. does out make sense to add that one to the saveables library?

  • It's been a minute since I touched any of these apps (Gadget, Xequence2) but I had to try these and it was very smooth setup despite time's way of twisting memory. Thanks to you both: @SevenSystems , @crushed . Hopeful to be creating something with it some day soon but everything is a mash with all new setups and apps what not. Too much new to learn leads to learning nothing it seams :D (aimed at myself).

  • @Littlewoodg said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    @Littlewoodg glad to know the feature is useful and actually getting used 😊 (not always sure about the latter...)

    you mentioned a long time back quart a sweet partner Xequence is for SunVox. does out make sense to add that one to the saveables library?

    Spontaneous answer: no... as SunVox itself doesn't come with a lot of templates / defaults and everything is so customizable in there that I don't think Xequence instrument templates make a lot of sense... unless the SunVox side is provided with matching templates as well.

  • @SevenSystems said:

    @Littlewoodg said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    @Littlewoodg glad to know the feature is useful and actually getting used 😊 (not always sure about the latter...)

    you mentioned a long time back quart a sweet partner Xequence is for SunVox. does out make sense to add that one to the saveables library?

    Spontaneous answer: no... as SunVox itself doesn't come with a lot of templates / defaults and everything is so customizable in there that I don't think Xequence instrument templates make a lot of sense... unless the SunVox side is provided with matching templates as well.

    I'm on the previous version, so I don't have the instruments save thingie.
    But what I do is have templates on Xequence and on the target apps (Aum, Beathawk, Caustic, iM1, iMS20, iPolySix, SquareSynth, Sunvox, ThumbJam).

    For those who have a set number of tracks, I kept them as is (16 in BH, 14 in Caustic, 8 in Thumbjam, etc)
    But for AUM and Sunvox, I set the template as the General Midi standard. 16 tracks, being 10 for Drums)

    The link for them templates (only Xequence side, though)
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mody0TH8W3j5Gfp7zUXB5xhpQ8U9x8Dw?usp=sharing

  • @senhorlampada said:

    @SevenSystems said:

    @Littlewoodg said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    @Littlewoodg glad to know the feature is useful and actually getting used 😊 (not always sure about the latter...)

    you mentioned a long time back quart a sweet partner Xequence is for SunVox. does out make sense to add that one to the saveables library?

    Spontaneous answer: no... as SunVox itself doesn't come with a lot of templates / defaults and everything is so customizable in there that I don't think Xequence instrument templates make a lot of sense... unless the SunVox side is provided with matching templates as well.

    makes sense now that i think about it

    I'm on the previous version, so I don't have the instruments save thingie.
    But what I do is have templates on Xequence and on the target apps (Aum, Beathawk, Caustic, iM1, iMS20, iPolySix, SquareSynth, Sunvox, ThumbJam).

    For those who have a set number of tracks, I kept them as is (16 in BH, 14 in Caustic, 8 in Thumbjam, etc)
    But for AUM and Sunvox, I set the template as the General Midi standard. 16 tracks, being 10 for Drums)

    The link for them templates (only Xequence side, though)
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mody0TH8W3j5Gfp7zUXB5xhpQ8U9x8Dw?usp=sharing

    sweet
    thanks for sharing all this

  • :heart:
    Glad to be of help :wink:

Sign In or Register to comment.