Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog Z - no ORBS visible on iPad!

Hi, everyone. On my iPad, the ORBS screen (top-left portion) is empty; that is, the window where the orbs should appear is completely black (see attached screenshot). This is true for all presets. Animoog Z plays correctly, but just no visuals.

I've deleted/reinstalled in several times, as well as rebooting my iPad several times. It works fine on my iPhone.

Can anyone help out? Thanks! :)

David

Comments

• Is there an option to turn off the display you might have clicked? That would actually be a good thing for me since Animoog eats so much cpu.

• @dcollett said:
    Hi, everyone. On my iPad, the ORBS screen (top-left portion) is empty; that is, the window where the orbs should appear is completely black (see attached screenshot). This is true for all presets. Animoog Z plays correctly, but just no visuals.

I've deleted/reinstalled in several times, as well as rebooting my iPad several times. It works fine on my iPhone.

Can anyone help out? Thanks! :)

David

What OS?

Did it work correctly on this iPad in the past?

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

What model iPad?
    Running standalone, or in a host? If so, what host(s)?
    [edit ... screenshot appears to be standalone.]

• Thanks, espiegel123 and Wim for replying. I have a 2018 iPad. I'm running AnimoogZ standalone, iPad OS 16.1 (which is a beta, so that could be the issue) :/

I know it worked fine on this iPad months ago (the last time I used it).

• @dcollett said:
    Thanks, espiegel123 and Wim for replying. I have a 2018 iPad. I'm running AnimoogZ standalone, iPad OS 16.1 (which is a beta, so that could be the issue) :/

It's probably the beta then causing this issue, and Moog will probably have to release a compatibility update. (This is why I don't update to the latest major number update of iPadOS until various developers iron out the bugs and oddities.)

• @dcollett said:
    Thanks, espiegel123 and Wim for replying. I have a 2018 iPad. I'm running AnimoogZ standalone, iPad OS 16.1 (which is a beta, so that could be the issue) :/

Seems likely that the beta is the issue. I'd suggest anytime posting about an issue encontered while running a beta version of the OS that one mention it.

• edited September 2022

@dcollett I can confirm that the ORB window in Animoog Z isn't working on the latetst iPadOS 16.1(beta 7).

@MoogMusicInc

• Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate the help! :)

• And this reminds me (goes for everyone) when reporting 'issues' regarding apps always state the device and iOS/iPadOS that is being used as it helps in verifying the issues...

I'll be going full on iOS16 on my iPhone 8 later today...
    ...I need to keep it 'up to date' as I do more than just make noises with the device.

• Another confirmation that it’s the 16.1 beta causing this. Damn you, overly curious brain… :)