Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

God Save the Queen

I do not feel strongly about the monarchy, but I am sad about the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, who has been queen for my entire life. So, here's a guitar tribute. RIP.

For those interested: Strat -> Nembrini Clon -> Nembrini BG Extasy -> Nembrini Delay3000 (x2) -> AltiSpace2

«13

Comments

  • Great playing! 👍
    Never felt strongly about the monarchy either (definitely not a fan of Andrew at all!), but the Queen was cool, charming and had a great sense of humour (when she was allowed to show it in public!), and I did surprise myself by shedding some tears while watching the photo tributes to her. Very sad. End of an era. 🇬🇧

  • Truly gorgeous guitar sound and your playing is phenomenal. A tribute fit for a Queen.

  • Sterling playing. She doesn’t deserve it.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Sterling playing. She doesn’t deserve it.

    Classy.
    What do you deserve?

  • Yeah, I have no strong feelings about the Royals but Queen Elizabeth's death was certainly a moment that made me more sad than I thought I would be. I do think things should be left as they are, despite the pomp and circumstance seeming increasingly peculiar in our modern world - the thought of President Truss is not a pleasant one!

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:

    • the thought of President Truss is not a pleasant one!

    Would becoming a republic actually make any difference? The previous PM lied to the Queen to prorogue parliament, in an attempt to bypass the diplomatic process. They did nowt.

    The Tories are ripping up the human rights book right before our eyes, we’re already under a dictatorship.

  • my 2 shillings:

    don't cry for the crowned ghouls of history.
    they had pheasant and Chateau Lafleur
    while workers had stale bread and pain.

    and second

    Brits (and a large part of Eu) chose to cry after a dead crowned ghoul
    than to deal with their own messy (as Hell) countries and shait realities.
    Oh well... Do not carry on! Do not! It's not the time.

  • @monz0id said:

    @Michael_R_Grant said:

    • the thought of President Truss is not a pleasant one!

    Would becoming a republic actually make any difference? The previous PM lied to the Queen to prorogue parliament, in an attempt to bypass the diplomatic process. They did nowt.

    The Tories are ripping up the human rights book right before our eyes, we’re already under a dictatorship.

    The Royals are just the edifice of the system, it’s like blaming the part that’s visible of an iceberg, it’s what lay’s below that support’s it.

  • edited September 12

    @robosardine said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    Sterling playing. She doesn’t deserve it.

    Classy.
    What do you deserve?

    I think she got plenty during her life, including wearing jewels from plundered nations. Me I have a wife who’s dying from Alzheimer’s.

    Did you know colored folk were forbidden from working in the monarchal administration until the 60s? She rode her horses and played corgi grandma while her govt assisted in the persecution of hundreds of thousands of Biafrans. She was a symbol of subjugation and it was great with her. Being a subject and not a citizen… that sounds a bit over the top, even in the old fashioned 20th century. Ask the Scots, or the Welsh. She, in her wonderfully humorous way, perpetuated a system where some were born to rule and the vast majority were born to serve.

    Yeah, I thought it was worth taking a little gas out of that fantasy balloon. Classy or not.

    (Btw, I posted a thread in recents about her “majesty” if you want to educate me some more. That’s the place for such a discussion these days.)

  • @pbelgium said:
    I do not feel strongly about the monarchy, but I am sad about the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, who has been queen for my entire life. So, here's a guitar tribute. RIP.

    ++++++++++++++++
    RIP Queen E!
    This is a lovely and fitting tribute, to a beautiful soul.
    Your playing is very nice to the ear, and very classy!
    Rene

  • edited September 12

    I don’t celebrate anyone’s death. Nor do I owe fealty to those who are merely the latest progeny and fortunate inheritors of a line of thugs and robbers that got their starts through acts of ruthlessness and barbarity back in the dark ages.

  • @LinearLineman said:

    @robosardine said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    Sterling playing. She doesn’t deserve it.

    Classy.
    What do you deserve?

    I think she got plenty during her life, including wearing jewels from plundered nations. Me I have a wife who’s dying from Alzheimer’s.

    Did you know colored folk were forbidden from working in the monarchal administration until the 60s? She rode her horses and played corgi grandma while her govt assisted in the persecution of hundreds of thousands of Biafrans. She was a symbol of subjugation and it was great with her. Being a subject and not a citizen… that sounds a bit over the top, even in the old fashioned 20th century. Ask the Scots, or the Welsh. She, in her wonderfully humorous way, perpetuated a system where some were born to rule and the vast majority were born to serve.

    Yeah, I thought it was worth taking a little gas out of that fantasy balloon. Classy or not.

    (Btw, I posted a thread in recents about her “majesty” if you want to educate me some more. That’s the place for such a discussion these days.)

    I know you have a wife who has Alzheimer’s - I replied to you in one of your previous threads in relation to this. I cannot however for the life of me understand why you would bring your wife’s health into a discussion regarding the death of the Queen.

    My question was :- What do you deserve?

  • “…it’s a fascist regime.”

  • @robosardine, Look, you’re a good person. I’m entitled to my opinion. If you want to discuss this further please do it in the recents. But your offense at my non classy impudence, IMO, “deserves” a reasoned response…

    When you ask what a person deserves it’s a very open ended question. I thank you for your response about my wife. However, I specifically said the Queen, IMO, doesn’t deserve to be lauded in well crafted song tributes. Yet you are asking me what do I deserve. Well, I don't deserve any death song tributes either. And, though I understand a bit about the vagaries of the universe, asking me what I deserve writ large is a rather absurd question. And, in response to an absurd question, I give an absurd answer. That, I figured, is what you deserved in this instance.

    I’m an ordinary human being. My circle of responsibility is very small and I do my best. I am not a monarch who has wealth that was wrested violently from conquered peoples by shedding their life’s blood. I do not subjugate anyone, symbolically or otherwise. A mythology that is basically a caste system is crushing to the human spirit. Elizabeth did nothing to alter that, was the wealthiest person in England for decades and didn’t do a thing to deserve it except come out of her mother’s womb.

    I understand many in the UK like the fantasy, but the UK is multicultural, if you hadn’t noticed. I would guess the monarchy’s supporters don’t include many who came from less fortunate countries… and often countries that were subjugated by the selfsame institution of the British monarchy.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    I would guess the monarchy’s supporters don’t include many who came from less fortunate countries… and often countries that were subjugated by the selfsame institution of the British monarchy.

    I think you are mistaken in that particular assumption. Royalism isn’t defined along those grounds. The British establishment has been just as effective at subjugating large parts of it’s own indigenous population, yet that is not reflected in a demographic split of either support or opposition to the monarchy.

  • Talk about a group of freeloaders…

  • I know this is not everyone’s cup of tea. But I feel like someone might like it and some will be offended, so I feel like it’s my obligation to share.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    @robosardine, Look, you’re a good person. I’m entitled to my opinion. If you want to discuss this further please do it in the recents. But your offense at my non classy impudence, IMO, “deserves” a reasoned response…

    When you ask what a person deserves it’s a very open ended question. I thank you for your response about my wife. However, I specifically said the Queen, IMO, doesn’t deserve to be lauded in well crafted song tributes. Yet you are asking me what do I deserve. Well, I don't deserve any death song tributes either. And, though I understand a bit about the vagaries of the universe, asking me what I deserve writ large is a rather absurd question. And, in response to an absurd question, I give an absurd answer. That, I figured, is what you deserved in this instance.

    I’m an ordinary human being. My circle of responsibility is very small and I do my best. I am not a monarch who has wealth that was wrested violently from conquered peoples by shedding their life’s blood. I do not subjugate anyone, symbolically or otherwise. A mythology that is basically a caste system is crushing to the human spirit. Elizabeth did nothing to alter that, was the wealthiest person in England for decades and didn’t do a thing to deserve it except come out of her mother’s womb.

    I understand many in the UK like the fantasy, but the UK is multicultural, if you hadn’t noticed. I would guess the monarchy’s supporters don’t include many who came from less fortunate countries… and often countries that were subjugated by the selfsame institution of the British monarchy.

    OK - we all have a few skeletons in the closet. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that...which was mainly my point re what you thought you would deserve if you know what the Queen doesn’t. You’re right - it is all opinion that’s the thing. I just thought your timing was a bit off - the woman is not even buried yet and she was much loved by a great many... and all the rest of it.

    What do you think of the new King? is he any better for you? 😀

    I think it time to chill a bit. I hope your wife’s progress is as comfortable as it can possibly be.
    Peace!

  • @robosardine, well said. I don’t have any answers, just what I feel in my gut. I guess it will be up to William to make a change or not. Peace to you, too, sir. We can all use some of that.

    @steve99 well, you make a very good point and it is certainly true from my limited knowledge… but I can’t help but feel there is a disproportionate aggrievedness among the minorities and that they are considered other by whitey.

  • @magnusovi said:

    I know this is not everyone’s cup of tea. But I feel like someone might like it and some will be offended, so I feel like it’s my obligation to share.

    Lol, very amusing. Kirk actually said (like I’ve read in other media as well) the “TRAGIC” death of Queen Elizabeth. WTF.

  • @LinearLineman said:

    @magnusovi said:

    I know this is not everyone’s cup of tea. But I feel like someone might like it and some will be offended, so I feel like it’s my obligation to share.

    Lol, very amusing. Kirk actually said (like I’ve read in other media as well) the “TRAGIC” death of Queen Elizabeth. WTF.

    Lol just painfully cringy.

    I’m relatively young and ignorant so can someone tell me if American concern for the British monarchy has always been like this, or if this is a manifestation of the embrace for racist ideology in conservative media?

  • @magnusovi said:

    @LinearLineman said:

    @magnusovi said:

    I know this is not everyone’s cup of tea. But I feel like someone might like it and some will be offended, so I feel like it’s my obligation to share.

    Lol, very amusing. Kirk actually said (like I’ve read in other media as well) the “TRAGIC” death of Queen Elizabeth. WTF.

    Lol just painfully cringy.

    I’m relatively young and ignorant so can someone tell me if American concern for the British monarchy has always been like this, or if this is a manifestation of the embrace for racist ideology in conservative media?

    Love from afar, but they love Diana more.

  • edited September 13

    Weird isn’t it, I’m absolutely no fan of the royals - it’s an archaic, expensive, and totally unnecessary system of undeserved privilege, and I’d be more than happy for their luxury lifestyles to lose taxpayer funding. The over-extended current coverage and postponement of operations and funerals borders on the obscene.

    Yet when people from outside of the UK criticise them, it rankles. ‘How DARE you…’

    There must be some weird subservient allegiance gene lingering in my DNA, but heavily diluted by my Irish side, so not as strong as most flag-shaggers.

    ‘And with one simple post, Monz0id manages to alienate both royalists, and republicans….’

  • Ha too right, while a lifelong resident, I’m only half British by blood so maybe my gene pool just doesn’t have the required amount of subservience in to have any regard at all for them. Criticise away any and all 😜

  • @monz0id said:
    Weird isn’t it, I’m absolutely no fan of the royals - it’s an archaic, expensive, and totally unnecessary system of undeserved privilege, and I’d be more than happy for their luxury lifestyles to lose taxpayer funding. The over-extended current coverage and postponement of operations and funerals borders on the obscene.

    Yet when people from outside of the UK criticise them, it rankles. ‘How DARE you…’

    There must be some weird subservient allegiance gene lingering in my DNA, but heavily diluted by my Irish side, so not as strong as most flag-shaggers.

    ‘And with one simple post, Monz0id manages to alienate both royalists, and republicans….’

    @Krupa said:
    Ha too right, while a lifelong resident, I’m only half British by blood so maybe my gene pool just doesn’t have the required amount of subservience in to have any regard at all for them. Criticise away any and all 😜

    It’s probably because you’re more ‘British’ than most nobles! :D

  • edited September 13

    @LinearLineman said:
    I’m an ordinary human being. My circle of responsibility is very small and I do my best. I am not a monarch who has wealth that was wrested violently from conquered peoples by shedding their life’s blood. I do not subjugate anyone, symbolically or otherwise. A mythology that is basically a caste system is crushing to the human spirit. Elizabeth did nothing to alter that, was the wealthiest person in England for decades and didn’t do a thing to deserve it except come out of her mother’s womb.

    I understand many in the UK like the fantasy, but the UK is multicultural, if you hadn’t noticed. I would guess the monarchy’s supporters don’t include many who came from less fortunate countries… and often countries that were subjugated by the selfsame institution of the British monarchy.

    I agree. The cult of the person has been curated for years. Her face was on every coin, banknote and stamp for generations…queen’s speeches etc. as well as Disney & co.
    Of course this is going to have a positive effect on people’s feelings on monarchy here in the uk. However, it doesn’t take much to realise how symbolic she, or anyone else in the royal family, is of the British Empire and everything that can be wrong and true for any empire.

    What people don’t often understand that is not what the actual person does but the colours they wear, that makes them perpetuators of evil. With all of the power she had (and yes, she did have considerable power) she could have done a lot to remedy some of the sins of the monarchy/feudalism/oppression. What did we get? Stamps, coins and Christmas speeches to ‘love one another’.

    I have stopped listening to the news for the last few days to get away from all this. When the bells started ringing, I couldn’t turn those off but that’s a minor inconvenience.

    All I can do now is to educate my kids not to be swept away by the collective blind nostalgia with hope that they have a sober perception of reality to build their dreams upon.

  • Even though this thread derailed a bit I have to say that the piece is so good and the guitar is top notch! almost started liking the monarchy for a bit 👌

  • edited September 13

    What’s difficult for me to understand is that although it seems that most everyone is aware of the depraved and degenerate ways of these people, their blatant abuse of power, corruption, and the stupid reasons for why they were in power to begin with, people still find reasons to like them, love for them, cry for them….

Sign In or Register to comment.