Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat Scholar has been released!

Comments

• Woah this one looks pretty cool! Anyone tried it before?

• @HotStrange said:
    Woah this one looks pretty cool! Anyone tried it before?

Not yet, I saw it on Richard Devine’s thread and I was like wow, this would make a perfect iPad app!

• Btw I messaged them and offered our users here as iOS beta testers 🤩

• Judging on the video sounds more like beat chaos :|

• @israelite said:
    Judging on the video sounds more like beat chaos :|

😂

This might be better for normalcy:

• @israelite said:

😭🤣😭💀

• edited September 2022

@ninobeatz said:

@israelite said:

😭🤣😭💀

That’s Richard Devine for you 🤷🏽 🙃
    The interface got me more than the “beat”

• That is definitely up my alley

• So is this just a sequencer or does it make sounds too? Looks great!

• @gregsmith said:
    So is this just a sequencer or does it make sounds too? Looks great!

Website mentioned it’s a sampler too…

• If Eyal Amir is making an app I’m buyin it.

• @israelite said:

Never heard anything from Richard Devine that didn't sound like the chaos knob had been turned up to 11 😝

• @Gavinski said:

@israelite said:

Never heard anything from Richard Devine that didn't sound like the chaos knob had been turned up to 11 😝

🤣 me either

• Now this looks pretty cool!

• I tried to demo the AU but my Mac OS is too ancient. Totally stoked to hear it’s coming to iOS.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Btw I messaged them and offered our users here as iOS beta testers 🤩

Response from developers: “Hey! This is awesome! Thank you for this post. We’re not quite ready for beta testing on iOS just yet, but hopefully we will be some time in the next couple of months.”

• I saw it in a Plugin Boutique mailer on it’s launch-day and immediately checked it out. Don’t know if it will, but this could do for drums what Massive did to bass.
    I would have bought it immediately but I’m hemorrhaging money as I’ve just gotten my first new laptop in 11 years and am playing software catch-up. But I will buy it for both platforms.

• @BirbHope said:
    I saw it in a Plugin Boutique mailer on it’s launch-day and immediately checked it out. Don’t know if it will, but this could do for drums what Massive did to bass.
    I would have bought it immediately but I’m hemorrhaging money as I’ve just gotten my first new laptop in 11 years and am playing software catch-up. But I will buy it for both platforms.

Oh wow, can you confirm whether or not it’s a sampler too?

• edited September 2022

@Stuntman_mike said:

@BirbHope said:
    I saw it in a Plugin Boutique mailer on it’s launch-day and immediately checked it out. Don’t know if it will, but this could do for drums what Massive did to bass.

I’m a few months off of buying it, but their walkthrough video, which you linked to above: which is what I watched, at least from my recollection gave me the distinct impression that it loads samples. Probably doesnt sample live though. I should watch it again before I buy it twice :joy:

Edit:
    I just realized that I said, “checked it out”. Forgot that in desktop world we can download and demo software quite often. I haven’t checked it out for real I jus watched that walkthrough, but I was very excited by the demo vid. But if a trial/demo is available I will try it today or tomorrow and follow up (if someone else doesnt beat me to it).

• @BirbHope said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@BirbHope said:

I’m a few months off of buying it, but their walkthrough video, which you linked to above: which is what I watched, at least from my recollection gave me the distinct impression that it loads samples. Probably doesnt sample live though. I should watch it again before I buy it twice :joy:

Edit:
    I just realized that I said, “checked it out”. Forgot that in desktop world we can download and demo software quite often. I haven’t checked it out for real I jus watched that walkthrough, but I was very excited by the demo vid. But I will try it today or to follow and follow up (if someone else doesnt beat me to it).

I need to finish watching the demonstration 🙃

• wow i just tried the trial on desktop. this thing is so fast to dial in and modify drums. this is an absolute must buy for me. and probably on desktop too

• when is the ipad version planned to release?

• If they can nail the file import thing and get it anywhere near as good as sitala then I'm definitely in, the desktop version is excellent...

• It'll be interesting to see how they translate the UI from keyboard+mouse to touch

• @symianbeatz said:
    If they can nail the file import thing and get it anywhere near as good as sitala then I'm definitely in, the desktop version is excellent...

Yep. Sitala is the new standard for this. It’s so easy to just upload a drum loop, and make an entire kit from it.

This app looks great.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@HotStrange said:
    Woah this one looks pretty cool! Anyone tried it before?

Not yet, I saw it on Richard Devine’s thread and I was like wow, this would make a perfect iPad app!

Definitely! Gonna be keeping an eye on this one.

• Terrible name, but looks very interesting.

• @michael_m said:
    Terrible name, but looks very interesting.

Lol I actually like the name.

• @magnusovi said:

@michael_m said:
    Terrible name, but looks very interesting.

Lol I actually like the name.

Maybe not terrible really, but I’m not a fan of the word ‘beats’ as it always seems very narrow in scope, and ‘scholar’ makes it sound like a learning tool.

• Sweet, if the desktop version can load ios projects no fuss no muss I will likely get it.