Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator Pro

Comments

• New app has some issues! That’s never happened before!! People losing their minds over it!!! Give me a break… 🤦🏽‍♂️

• edited September 2022

While Drambo might not be for everyone there is no denying how amazing and full featured it is.

The Mercedes G Wagon is a beautiful SUV imho but it’s not for everyone. The Toyota Camry is also a great car. But again not for everyone.

Just make music with the app that works for you. These debates are a big time suck and end up keeping a person from making a groove.

Yup. Just lost the opportunity to make a 4 bar loop in Drambo…again 🤪

• Regarding the UI it feels very neutral - in a good way. Which got me thinking: I truly wish (SB) DrumComputer had this type of minimal passiveness as opposed to the “dark and mechanical” vibe it has. Great app / UI so unnecessarily heavy IMO.

I’m also convinced that UI visual aesthetic is partly responsible for Sunv_x intimidating potential users. If DrumComputer and SunV_x had alternate clean-graphic skin options I think it’d be a sea change experience-wise.

All this aside I’m excited about Vatanator Pro.

• @ninobeatz said:
    Ima just leave this here. Let's kill this debate

That's paid apps for MUSIC on iPad TODAY

No wonder Zeeon's little issues may never be looked at ever again by the developer... this Drambo thing is getting all the headlines. ;)

• @ninobeatz said:

@cokomairena said:

@ehehehe said:

@anickt said:

@ehehehe said:
    Does this anything the super stable, cpu-efficient base version of gadget doesn't do?

AUv3 for one. I haven’t used Gadget in a while but VP is more suited to my brain. I don’t care for Gadget TBH.

Good point, that's a major difference. I don't really get the sounds i want out of gadget, but it is the slickest groovebox-type thing i know of. Also super efficient, could run 12+ tracks on an air 2 with automation and the works. The standalone synths are super useful and very good emulations when proper fx is applied. Too bad the ifx and master limiter (personal conspiracy that) sucks balls.

Get drambo

Drambo is NOT everyone’s solution!! The damn app isn’t even in the top 100 paid apps. It’s a Groovebox with modular capabilities, okay but the shit ain’t “THE WHEEL”or “THE HOLY GRAIL”. It doesn’t speak to everyone. I get it, it spoke to you ..you’re a fan 👏🏾👏🏾. I brought it, opened it twice and never touched it again. Glad to help the dev with the $20 but useless for me. Enough with the

D
    R
    A
    M
    B
    O

Nonsense 😂😭😂

If you have only opened twice how can I take your opinion on it seriously xD

• edited September 2022

Loaded up Vatanator Pro as IAA inside AUM trying to route midi out to external AU Waverley XL inside AUM on second channel. Having no joy tried selecting AUM, All, Vatanator Pro in AUM and also inside the Groovebox itself no luck.

As a in the box sequencer (IAA) inside AUM it works well you can open AU apps within it.

Anyone get midi out of the app external working?

• edited September 2022

"What's all this chatter about Vatanator Pro?" he thought.
    "It's a drum machine. Oh, now I get it!?" he realized.

• It would be cool if instead of tapping a “star” to favorite a thread, you could tap on a “black hole” to permanently disappear a thread.

• edited September 2022

@NeuM said:
    It would be cool if instead of tapping a “star” to favorite a thread, you could tap on a “black hole” to permanently disappear a thread.

I’d do that with Drambo threads

• @anickt said:

@NeuM said:
    It would be cool if instead of tapping a “star” to favorite a thread, you could tap on a “black hole” to permanently disappear a thread.

I do that with Drambo threads

You can’t do it. That’s the point.

• @NeuM said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

I do that with Drambo threads

You can’t do it. That’s the point.

My statement was meant to be:

I’d do that…

I don’t type so well on my phone 😂

• @cokomairena said:

@ninobeatz said:

@cokomairena said:

@ehehehe said:

@anickt said:

@ehehehe said:
    Does this anything the super stable, cpu-efficient base version of gadget doesn't do?

AUv3 for one. I haven’t used Gadget in a while but VP is more suited to my brain. I don’t care for Gadget TBH.

Good point, that's a major difference. I don't really get the sounds i want out of gadget, but it is the slickest groovebox-type thing i know of. Also super efficient, could run 12+ tracks on an air 2 with automation and the works. The standalone synths are super useful and very good emulations when proper fx is applied. Too bad the ifx and master limiter (personal conspiracy that) sucks balls.

Get drambo

Drambo is NOT everyone’s solution!! The damn app isn’t even in the top 100 paid apps. It’s a Groovebox with modular capabilities, okay but the shit ain’t “THE WHEEL”or “THE HOLY GRAIL”. It doesn’t speak to everyone. I get it, it spoke to you ..you’re a fan 👏🏾👏🏾. I brought it, opened it twice and never touched it again. Glad to help the dev with the $20 but useless for me. Enough with the

D
    R
    A
    M
    B
    O

Nonsense 😂😭😂

If you have only opened twice how can I take your opinion on it seriously xD

Let's be completely REAL here. Drambo is a DEEP app so while you guys are telling everyone "Get Drambo!" also tell them about the 50-60 tutorials they have to watch to learn all the features. And please don't act like the developer didn't spin all of yall around with a Version 2 that made you damn near start from scratch. Some people I know still trying to grasp Version 2. I may have only opened it twice but in both occasions it was at least an hour sitting with it. It wasn't for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• @ninobeatz said:

>

Let's be completely REAL here. Drambo is a DEEP app so while you guys are telling everyone "Get Drambo!" also tell them about the 50-60 tutorials they have to watch to learn all the features. And please don't act like the developer didn't spin all of yall around with a Version 2 that made you damn near start from scratch. Some people I know still trying to grasp Version 2. I may have only opened it twice but in both occasions it was at least an hour sitting with it. It wasn't for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Deep apps usually reward the user if and when they give it some time.

But I agree that neither Drambo or SunVox are for those looking for instant or near instant gratification and definitely NOT for preset junkies.

Maybe my brain is somewhat 'damaged' but it takes me ~1-2 weeks (maybe ~8 hours total usage time) max to fully dig thru a 'deep' app to see what it can offer for my use cases. If I don't 'get' the app during that period it's not worth further effort especially if it's missing some relatively basic features...

Not every app is for everyone and that's good because we ll have different preferences and different ways of doing our thing :sunglasses:

• edited September 2022

Watching 50-60 tutorials is definitely not needed to use Drambo. Literally load an AU to track and add notes to the sequencer is the simplest way to use it. Never touch anything else or any of the modular features.

After using Drambo for two years. I only just started to use the modular side of it, and still don't know everything that is possible, but that's ok. Using something doesn't mean you have to understand it 100% right away, most things don't work like that.

• edited September 2022

Drambo is no more difficult than AUM, NanoStudio 2, BM3, GB or any other auv3 hosting app:

If you have 3 to 7 minutes to spare, I cover how to use Drambo as an auv3 host. Once you do this, the skies the limit as they say.

FWIW, I only use the FlexiSampler and onboard Effects in Drambo for 90% of the work I compose in Drambo, so it's not any different than using any of the above apps I mentioned.

I find the Drambo workflow very similar to the Ableton and Bitwig workflow because of it's module based approach to building instrument and effects rack. It's second nature to me because of this.

Hopefully this video clears up some misconceptions about the ease of use of Drambo when it comes to sequencing a song.

• @NeuM said:

Heck yeah! ALL forums should have this feature. It should be required by law.😆

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Loaded up Vatanator Pro as IAA inside AUM trying to route midi out to external AU Waverley XL inside AUM on second channel. Having no joy tried selecting AUM, All, Vatanator Pro in AUM and also inside the Groovebox itself no luck.

As a in the box sequencer (IAA) inside AUM it works well you can open AU apps within it.

If you send MIDI to "AUM" from Vatanator Pro, it should arrive on the "AUM Destination" virtual port. It should not arrive on the Vatanator virtual output port. You can check that MIDI is reaching AUM by using a MIDI monitor.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    There’s a ton of potential here. But I don’t think it’s quite ready for prime time. If the dev puts this back in the oven a little longer, I think it’s a real winner. The natural comparison I first thought of was BM3 along with a blend of some features of other apps due to the pads.

There’s a lot of good here but I want to highlight a few issues that stood out to me:

3x4 is a little meh. Please give us the ability to have 4x4 even at the cost of slightly smaller pads, or let us move the top menu/section out of the way. Hopefully I’m wrong here and there’s a feature I missed to move/remove the top menu cutting off the final 4 pads. I don’t like scrolling pages for them

Note Repeat appears to ‘arp’ instead of simply note repeat. This is bad for drums since you can’t ‘roll’ a hi hat and snare/kick at the same time like u can with BM3, MPC, Maschine Etc.

I’d really like to be able to search for Auv3’s or at the very least have them easier to scroll thru alphabetically. The current way they’re organized by vendor wasn’t obvious to me at first. I also would like IAA to have its own sub menu instead dog sharing it with auv3, I’ve accidentally selected an IAA a few times. AUM is the template to follow here.

Auv3’s are constantly inundated with overlays on the side that block the functions of the auv3. I feel like nothing should be in the auv3 space except for the auv3.

Is sidechaining possible? Because I don’t see it. If not, please add that, thanks 🙏

The ‘eject’ button for a plugin always presents a prompt asking if you’re sure you want to get rid of the plugin, this is ok on the first time but I really would like a ‘don’t show again’ check box. I think they should follow AUM’s approach here. Worst case scenario I have an undo button. I’d rather just use that vs the safety warning.

A Metronome on only during recording option would be great. Currently u have to decide on/off and that’s it.

I’d also like more playhead buttons. Dedicated RWD, FF, Stop buttons would be great.

Dragging a midi file in from files (via drag n drop) is a guaranteed crash for me.

Dragging audio onto the pads from files (via drag n drop) works but is fickle. Sometimes it gives the green +1 and sometimes it doesn’t. It’d be cool to get more consistency here if possible

Things within the piano roll/step sequencer don’t stay in their rectangles when u zoom out. There’s some spill over into the next cell. This is just visual, but still, a distraction.

It’d be great if the piano roll could scale lock like the pads can.

And visually speaking, I’d really like some color on this GUI. So please dev offer more skins and/or let us customize this thing to our liking.

And this last one probably won’t happen, but I’d love to be able to play pads chromatically like u can in BM3. Just throwing it out there.

This sounds like a good place to start in order to make this a proper release.

Nice, clear write up @ipadbeatmaking

• edited September 2022

how many banks does Vatanator Pro have?
    and does it have swing groove quantize?
    Thanks in advance

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I offered to beta test Vatanator Pro when I sent the dev a email about some issues he never mentioned about a beta getting back to me so I assume he doesn’t beta test !

yes i did the same and never heard back :(

• @cokomairena said:
    Get drambo

@ehehehe said:
    Have it, not very impressed with the interface, workflow or any demos. Seems like it only exists on this website. Sunrizer and Zeeon in Cubasis provides me with same-ish synth sounds without building synths. Finding the comparison with Elektron boxes pretty ridiculous tbf. I like specialized tools doing one thing very good rather than a bunch of lego bricks (with mediocre results according to my taste).

Not beta testing seems like the worst marketing scheme ever.

@anickt said:
    Drambo doesn’t float my boat either. Nor do the Loopy’s. And there are others. A lot of what people rave about on this forum makes no sense to me. But it doesn’t have to because I don’t have to use any of it. Everyone’s different.

Man, i agree with you two so much. Drambo i have tried to get into so many times and it just frustrates me beyond anything else. Its way to disruptive to my workflow and even with the added piano roll and sequencing its somehow even more confusing to me now.

and Loopy Pro is the same way. Ive never been a looper really, i mean i use loops but the whole concept of loopy and loopy pro is foreign to me as im so used to traditional DAWs…

that being said @ehehehe and @anickt what kinda music do you guys make and what apps do you both like to use? just curious… I use BM3 for most of my beats (i make rap/boombap/lofi beats) and use Cubasis3 for recording vocals. Koala is a staple for me, especially for starting ideas. I havent tried scaler2 yet and i only have the free version. NS2 is less intuitive to me than BM3 and it took a lot of determination to learn that lol.. AUM is ok, i guess i could use it to make my own loops and record them back into Koala, but i have 4P Multitrack recorder and cant even figure out how to record into that… im kinda a dummy when it comes to routing. when i was on a PC with reason 11 I could route anything however I wanted, so Drambo seemed awesome to me but i got it and was like…. uhh wat.

ive heard about multitrack studio pro.. the price prevents me from buying, and also I do use zenbeats too. since V3 its (imo) gotten way better but still has a lot to go. this vatanator pro thing looks like it could be the “one” finally, if some of the kinks people are reporting are worked out and more features are added…

sigh i spend way too much time looking up apps and better workflows than just producing with what i have and thats why i will never be prolific enough to actually make money from my beats :( I need a manager lol

• @cokomairena said:

@ehehehe said:

@cokomairena said:

@ehehehe said:

@anickt said:

@ehehehe said:

Get drambo

Have it, not very impressed with the interface, workflow or any demos. Seems like it only exists on this website. Sunrizer and Zeeon in Cubasis provides me with same-ish synth sounds without building synths. Finding the comparison with Elektron boxes pretty ridiculous tbf. I like specialized tools doing one thing very good rather than a bunch of lego bricks (with mediocre results according to my taste).

Not beta testing seems like the worst marketing scheme ever.

Mmm I’m not talking about sound but workflow. I only use drambo with AUv3. Its like an overpowered Korg gadget. Maybe you haven’t tried it in standalone mode? Check my channel https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCf-TlBYpPUWsrGpm3sTlIfQ and feel free to ask me anything.

can you reccommend a specific video showing us your drambo workflow?

• @echoopera said:
    Drambo is no more difficult than AUM, NanoStudio 2, BM3, GB or any other auv3 hosting app:

If you have 3 to 7 minutes to spare, I cover how to use Drambo as an auv3 host. Once you do this, the skies the limit as they say.

FWIW, I only use the FlexiSampler and onboard Effects in Drambo for 90% of the work I compose in Drambo, so it's not any different than using any of the above apps I mentioned.

I find the Drambo workflow very similar to the Ableton and Bitwig workflow because of it's module based approach to building instrument and effects rack. It's second nature to me because of this.

Hopefully this video clears up some misconceptions about the ease of use of Drambo when it comes to sequencing a song.

I realize this is a Vatanator thread, but I must say: This is a really inspiring video. I would love to see how you evolve a song with various parts; that tends to be where I get lost. I especially want to see how/if you export stems to mix later. Great job.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@echoopera said:

I realize this is a Vatanator thread, but I must say: This is a really inspiring video. I would love to see how you evolve a song with various parts; that tends to be where I get lost. I especially want to see how/if you export stems to mix later. Great job.

Thanks for watching and the feedback. I’ll try and do more of these short focused overviews as i find them easy and fun to do.

• I just popped in to say ‘Drambo’.

Drambo.

• @uncledave said:

@Jumpercollins said:

If you send MIDI to "AUM" from Vatanator Pro, it should arrive on the "AUM Destination" virtual port. It should not arrive on the Vatanator virtual output port. You can check that MIDI is reaching AUM by using a MIDI monitor.

@uncledave

tried a midi monitor on (all) options nothing is sending.

• edited September 2022

@echoopera said:

For my usage Drambo is not the sky limit, per example I never succeed to load project from a program change as AUM or LoopyPro pro does or side chain auv 3 plugins nor it have any kind of time stretch and direct to disk to minimize memory usage, and it’s impossible to set arbitrary pattern length.
    Drambo is an excellent piece of software but lots of sky limit included
    Or am I missing something?

• edited September 2022

We all want different Skies and experiences. Good thing the world of software is filled with so many clouds and rainbows ;)

• @echoopera said:

Well you could have just got off this forum and opened drambo and made yourself a 4 bar loop how is it possibly anyones fault here that you lost this opportunity?

• edited September 2022

@pr4y_4_beats said:

@echoopera said:

Well you could have just got off this forum and opened drambo and made yourself a 4 bar loop how is it possibly anyones fault here that you lost this opportunity?

Ummm i think you missed my post further down the thread. 😉 i never miss an opportunity to make a 4 Bar Loop? 👊🏼™️