Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Getting hardware audio into AUM

I am having a devil of a time connecting external hardware gear to my usb-c 2020 model ipad pro 12.9". I have a new arturia minifuse 2 white on order (should be arriving by tomorrow), but the gear I want to connect to the ipad and recording audio through AUM or Cubasis 3 is as follows: korg monologue, drumbrute impact, kaossilator pro+, korg monotron duo and delay and roland t8. I want to be able to connect any 2 of these devices to my ipad and record a session with them. I also have a korg volca mix, with the bass, beats and kick connected to it and would like to connect that to my ipad to record their audio. Can anyone please explain in LOTS of detail how to make this all happen? Thank you for any help with this!!!!

Comments

• Since iPadOS is essentially plug-and-play, there's really no configuration required. You should just try hooking up the interface and connecting your gear. You'll need matching connectors, but that depends on the specific device you're connecting. Once you have a specific problem, you can post it here.

Incidentally, I'm a little surprised that you've chosen a 2-input interface when you have such a range of gear. Two may seem like enough now, but could easily become limiting.

• What is the best way to connect the following to an iPad USB-C port? (In order to apply effects in AUM, or to sequence a synth in AUM, for example).

Korg Volca Sample 2.
    Teenage Engineering OP-Z.

I have a USB hub that I previously used to hook up a keyboard and launchpad. But after a year out, my memory is rusty about the technical aspects of connecting for the best audio quality.