Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo TriArp

Here's a pretty simple Drambo instrument rack I put together. I've been quite satisfied with the results.

I connected three Arps directly to the Circle of Fifths AU (part of Tonality). Each Arp then connects to a separate instrument (some of my best results have come from just using three instances of Retro Piano). Then each instrument goes has its own dial on the mixer at the end of the rack. This allows all three instruments to be played in a single rack.

By changing the parameters of each Arp, it's possible to play some interesting and varied patterns from one chord.

Here is a view with Circle of Fifths open. You could replace it with the Chord Pads AU as well.

I am working on a MIDI Rack version that I could connect to Cubasis through Audiobus, or which I could use as a MIDI Effect directly in Cubasis, but it is not there quite yet.

Comments

• interesting, would you consider putting it on patchstorage?

• I would. Wasn't sure if it made sense to put on Patchstorage because it requires other apps to run in its current form. But glad to share it if that's not a problem.

• @captchaclicker said:
    I would. Wasn't sure if it made sense to put on Patchstorage because it requires other apps to run in its current form. But glad to share it if that's not a problem.

Why not post it. Just make sure you add a hint which instruments to use and the second screenshot looks quite helpful too.

• I’d be supper interested in using it! I’ve been on a drambo patchstorage binge lately. Also the most recent patch uploaded there is designed for use with Fabfilter Volcano, so people are posting patches that require other auv3s.

• It's up on Patchstorage now. Here is the link: https://patchstorage.com/triarp/

Also, here is a screenshot with the instrument rack open so you can see how the modules are connected.