Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KQ Dixie 3.0 Update

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kq-dixie/id1330269027
-1 staging bank and 3 static banks.
-Supported Volca FM. You can transmit the patch via MIDI or an Audio Cable.
-64 factory patches.
-Added locking features when loading a file.
-Fixed portamento bugs.
-Other fixes.

One of these other fixes is the ability to turn the built-in lowpass filter off (a feature I requested), making it sound more like a DX7. I noticed that KQ Dixie sounded soft compared to OPS7, the Volca FM 2, and even Dexed. The developer refused to turn off the LPF, but now he has thanked me for my suggestion.

Comments

• I turned the filter off in the parameters page, and it made a nice difference!

• Sounds warmer 🤩

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Sounds warmer 🤩

Yes, I can definitely hear more harmonics when the filter is off. I'm glad the delay can also be turned off to save performance.

• Being able to disable the filter is the nice touch and using the 12-bit mode makes it nice and gritty, just the way I like it! :sunglasses:

• Another setting that is useful is the 'adjust carrier's level', turn it off and in combination with the 12-bit mode and disabled filter it's super sweet and gritty, feels almost like a new synth :sunglasses:

• edited September 2022

@Samu said:
    Being able to disable the filter is the nice touch and using the 12-bit mode makes it nice and gritty, just the way I like it! :sunglasses:

Ooh, I gotta try 12-bit

• what is the staging bank for ?

• @frosttrance_7 said:

One of these other fixes is the ability to turn the built-in lowpass filter off (a feature I requested), making it sound more like a DX7. I noticed that KQ Dixie sounded soft compared to OPS7, the Volca FM 2, and even Dexed. The developer refused to turn off the LPF, but now he has thanked me for my suggestion.

I wasn't even aware that there WAS a LPF. I see it now buried in the "param" page. But I don't see a way to globally disable it. (?)

• @eross said:
    what is the staging bank for ?

It's the currently loaded bank that you can copy to one of the 3 slots if needed for faster access.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

I wasn't even aware that there WAS a LPF. I see it now buried in the "param" page. But I don't see a way to globally disable it. (?)

Press the "ON" button in the filter section, and it will switch to "OFF", and remain off as you browse through presets.

• Awesome, still my favorite iOS synth.

• I don’t have > @busker said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

Press the "ON" button in the filter section, and it will switch to "OFF", and remain off as you browse through presets.

I don’t see an “ON” button. ? :/

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    I don’t have > @busker said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

I don’t see an “ON” button. ? :/

D’oh! I wasn’t updated to 3.0! I swear the App Store had already automatically updated it, but when I went back to the store just now, it had changed from “OPEN” to “UPDATE” — which of course I immediately initiated manually and..

Well, anyway sorted.

:*

• @Lady_App_titude It should look like this, with the latest update from earlier today.

• I guess my ears are old - I cannot hear the difference, even when playing high notes.

• @StudioES said:
    I guess my ears are old - I cannot hear the difference, even when playing high notes.

Same 😆

• Can you tell a difference between 12-bit and 24-bit mode?

I did a 30 second comparison with the headphones plugged in to the iPad (has headphone jack). No audio interface.

I couldn't hear it.

• @StudioES said:
    Can you tell a difference between 12-bit and 24-bit mode?

I did a 30 second comparison with the headphones plugged in to the iPad (has headphone jack). No audio interface.

I couldn't hear it.

I'm 24 and don't hear a difference. However, I heard mire harmonics with the filter off.

• @frosttrance_7 said:

@StudioES said:

I couldn't hear it.

I'm 24 and don't hear a difference. However, I heard mire harmonics with the filter off.

Is there a difference between the filter off and cutoff set to the maximum?

• @espiegel123 said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

@StudioES said:

I couldn't hear it.

Yes. It sounds softer with the filter on even if the cutoff is set to the maximum. If you turn the filter off, even when using an aggressive bass or lead sound, you can actually hear more harmonics. I also noticed this in PPG WaveGenerator.

• @frosttrance_7 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

@StudioES said:

I couldn't hear it.

Yes. It sounds softer with the filter on even if the cutoff is set to the maximum. If you turn the filter off, even when using an aggressive bass or lead sound, you can actually hear more harmonics. I also noticed this in PPG WaveGenerator.

Yeah, hear a difference for sure. It's like a different synth. I like it as much as I love the old sound.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Do our one million presets remain after this update?

• @ninobeatz said:
    Do our one million presets remain after this update?

Lol. My few thousand remain intact :)

• edited September 2022

Why the built-in lowpass filter was always ON?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Why the the built-in lowpass filter was always ON?

I don't know. However, I think I heard it was based on the OBx-d filter.

• Oh that’s nice to have that update. I was thinking of getting one of those Volca FM 2 to add to my original 3 Volcas. They can be a bit lacking sometimes when I only have those 3 devices.

• I hope Ryouta considers making a 1:1 clone of TX81Z, that would let me sell my rack, lol.

• @auxmux said:
    I hope Ryouta considers making a 1:1 clone of TX81Z, that would let me sell my rack, lol.

Please contact him about it! I would like to see him make a new VA or additive synth next.