Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nlog pro vs iMini

Anyone got an opinion ?

Haven't bothered with imini and wondered how it compared to nlog which seems similar.

Comments

• I'll precede this by saying I don't have a quarter of the musical experience or knowledge as anyone here.

Where iMini stands now it is limited, due to the minimal Midi support, no audiobus, and etc. Aside of those things, you can make some great sounds but its a shame you can't really use them all internally on the ipad and if you go to Tabletop then you don't get the polyphony sounds. So until an update that changes these things, it's limited.

nLog is super flexible, great midi support, a ton of parameters, and audiobus support. I'm not biased towards either but iMini really is missing some key features to be able to actually make music.

• Choir here. So which inter-app ecosystem do you code to? is the question they had to answer. I presume TableTop made them a pitch they could not refuse. Personally, I like TT's graphical visualization of your rack setup, but they attempt too much with their limited resources and the result is too closed. AB started with a thriving ecosystem that were demanding the live connectability and came up with a pretty minimal extension that satisfied it..

• I agree, iMini needs Audiobus asap, as it's one of the best sounding virtual analog synths for iOS. I don't really care about polyphony in this specific case (of course it's a plus) because I've always used the virtual Minis monophonically like the original. I like Tabletop a lot, and have made good tracks with it (with the whole set of add-ons, of course), but I think it should have AB as well. I don't have a clue if this will happen but for me it would be awesome, even if only in the Input slot. It has potential, but it's too... closed :)

As for NLog Pro, I consider it a very good sounding VA synth, but I always had two questions about it.
    One is very basic and should go to Tempo Rubato directly. Why is mono/legato mode "global" and not per preset? When I'm going to emulate a Minimoog or Odyssey, I have to switch to Legato, when emulating a Prophet or Jupiter, I have to switch to Poly...
    The other is a strange behavior of the Legato mode. The problem is easy to notice when you close the LPF and use a slow Glide time. Every set of octaves or so seem to have a glitch or "gap" in the behavior of the legato, and transitions between some notes are not smooth, specially around the C or D notes. Sometimes it ruis that soft Triangle Wave solo when you have to glide slowly between distant notes...